State Farm

www.statefarm.com

State Farm Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.5 1,483 reviews

State Farm Chairman and CEO Ed Rust Jr.

Ed Rust Jr.

Pros
  • Great work life balance and encouragement to continue insurance education (in 88 reviews)

• The company has a good work environment and works to help employees meet their needs (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • As a side note - I had significant work / life balance issues as an agent (in 19 reviews)

• No room for advancement with contract employees and lower pay with no benefits (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights
1,483 Employee Reviews

Great learning experience

ProsWork/Life Balance, and excellent open door policy.

ConsNot much excitement around the Insurance Industry, can be boring at times.

Great company to work for!

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Grand Blanc, MI (US)

ProsFreedom in job, flexible hours, friendly community

ConsBoring, outdated software, Office was sometimes unorganized

Great experience when in school

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people to work with.

Consvery strict company and demanding .

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid

Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA (US)

ProsVery flexible hours due to the small offices.
    Good starting pay
    Comfortable Good Base salary
    Keeps you focused because of the commission income.

ConsNot much room to move up. Start out is good, but you can easily make less as time goes on

Advice to Senior ManagementIt doesn't matter since they are franchised, numbers are numbers and they are only focused on agent's numbers. Agents determine the pay so upper management isn't concerned on specific office staff numbers.

Company is very reputable, and financially secure.

Customer Service (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL (US)

ProsOffers advancement with company training and licensing. Good benefits and perks.

ConsVery competitive: high goals. Must have knowledge of many products.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on clients.

It's not always Cliff Paul and Aaron Rodgers

ProsValuable knowledge, looks great on resume, household brand

ConsTough to get ahead, upward mobility severely limited, compensation plan can be rough.

Advice to Senior ManagementShifting towards the Aspirant program for hiring agents is smart, but not all aspirants are created and compensated equally. Agents have a large incentive to produce aspirants that are competent, why not invest in the aspirants themselves? Professional development and training should be part of a standard program to encourage success of aspirants.

State Farm Auto Claims Processor

Auto Claims Processor (Current Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

ProsGreat entry level position with multiple opportunities to move up in the company. Company has a great tuition reimbursement policy and lots of over time.

ConsOpportunities for growth are limited in the state of CA unless you're willing to relocate to another state.

Underwriting Service Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits-medical, dental, hospital, life, pension

ConsLow pay, way too low compared to other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they express issues/concerns.

Great company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsCo workers and teamwork ok

Consno cons for this hob yet

Advice to Senior Managementno adivse to management yet

Very professional and generous working conditions. Great experience!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Cocoa, FL (US)

ProsVery generous bonus structure and friendly work environment. Curt is very knowledgeable and hands on with the day to day business. He stands up for his employees and let's you know that he appreciates the work you do for him. All the staff are friendly and professional, good mix of professionalism with team environment. Curt made sure we were supplied with the latest technology, making our jobs easier and us more efficient employees. The surprise dairy queen desserts were an extra bonus!

ConsVery busy office. Several family members employed and slight feel of favoritism towards them over other employees. Only on occasion, not a daily vibe.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!