State Street

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.7 1,221 reviews

State Street President and CEO Joseph (Jay) L. Hooley

Joseph (Jay) L. Hooley

Pros
  • Company has good benefits and is looking to improve work/life balance for employees (in 120 reviews)

• Many employees can work from home a few days a week if their responsibilities allow them to (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is one of their "core tenets" but they don't practice what they preach (in 36 reviews)

• long hours, too much operational work, not so many bright people that can inspire you (in 47 reviews)

More Highlights
1,221 Employee Reviews

Good place to work for fresher

Associate (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsGood learnig place for fresher

ConsSlow growth and not a good pay master

Advice to Senior Managementno comments

Great!

Prosnice people, good programs, networking opportunities, tuition reimbursements

Consworking hours are too long

good people and good compay

Associate (Current Employee) Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

Prosgood people and good compay

Consgood people and good compay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Fund Controller (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsI had previously work in the AIS Real Estate Performance Measurement area and always impressed at how they continued to search and improve ways to service their clients.

ConsUpper management wasn't always forthcoming on how they felt about certain business groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend having a VP level person running a business group as the lower levels of management don't always have the experience level to properly service the clients. That level is to close to the work many times and can lose sight of what their clients are really looking for.

Good company low salaries

Vice President (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsThe company is supportive of work-life balance and has a lot of opportunity to take advantage of their flex policy. The people you work with are really wonderful, smart and professional.

ConsThe pay is low as compared to other companies similar in size and operation. Often businesses work in silos and it is hard to get things done. Senior management doesn't appear to make an effort to retain the best talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote and retain talent by paying market wages.

Job..

Project Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

Prosflexible flexible flexible flexible flexible

Consbusiness lacks discipline business lacks discipline

Advice to Senior Managementimprove your FT employee quality through better HR

IT Dept Summer Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsVery friendly people. Supervisor took time out of her schedule to get me up to speed and made sure I knew what I was doing.

ConsSome people may find it boring. I personally always had work to keep me occupied. May not understand the a lot of terms even after the internship ends.

Not a very good outlook for future management

Accounting and Pricing Analyst, Senior Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people and relaxed work atmosphere. It is probably a good place to start your career but not a good place to stay.

ConsThey have moved to segmented business model where it is hard to understand the purpose of your job. This will lead to poor unknowledgeable management in the future. It also seems like they are trying to move as much work as they can to india. In the future they are going to have to find managers from other companies in order to have people that know what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training so employees will understand the big picture!

Awesome place to work

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsExcellent benefits, great team to work with.

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good Experience, Lots of Hours

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsGreat industry experience, pay is competitive once you reach management. Good benefits package.

ConsOnce you reach management, you work a lot of hours, 10+ hrs a day + weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't always do more with less, invest in staff.

Worked for State Street? Contribute to the Community!