StoneMor
www.stonemor.com Levittown, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

StoneMor Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Lawrence Miller

Opportunity knocks simply open the door~

Family Service Counselor (Current Employee)
Lafayette, CA (US)

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsIt's a very rewarding feeling helping families make one of their biggest decisions in life. Most importantly educating families so they can make a soundly decision. Plus my peers are the most passionate people with a great positive vibe spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Not to mention the financial rewards are endless with great growth opportunities.

ConsThe data access is still in the stone age using a file system and at times data is redundant in different locations. Having a CRM system in place will increase productivity much more and it will centralize all the data with up to date information. It would also be more professional to have a company email address opposed to using a free email address such as Yahoo or Google. This reflects our outlook working with families based on our email contact. Lastly it would be nice if the company provided the computer workstation to have the tools for the representative to organize, manage, and communicate with their families.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have a lot of great ideas especially ways to separate ourselves from our competitors. Being innovative will allow Stonemor to become the leaders of the industry as others will follow. Integrating technology will be key as there's innovative options to create new revenue streams for the company. Also taking a closer look with our current structure with in each location as there's many ways to improve upon them that will be a direct correlations in increasing productivity that will result in exceeding our profit margins.

Sales and dipping into trust funds are the only focus

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI enjoy working at the cemetery where I am. I feel it is a really important and meaningful job to take care of families and their loved ones. I just don't respect the corporation that manages it.

Good health insurance for full time employees

ConsThe corporation only cares about their stock holders. No raises for field employees for 2014. Even costs of living raises were not given for 2014 even though the company was profitable in 2013.

Improvement requests for our cemetery are ignored. We have to beg for any major improvements that must be done. Those requests are usually not acknowledged.

Grounds crews are only paid a bit above minimum wage for their caring and hard work.

No sick or bereavement pay for sales reps.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional Sales Managers need to be more motivational not threatienng.
Corp needs to improve the properties and not just strip them of their assets.
Let Family Service Advisers have Sundays off to spend time with their families.

A real opportunity if you're willing to seize it!!!

Sales Counselor (Current Employee)
South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

ProsYou actually have the ability to earn 6 figures if you have the drive and able to work smart. This performance based sales position will absolutely pay you what you're worth!! This company is very aggressive and focused on acquisitions. Many opportunities!!!

ConsWinter sales may require extra effort but the net outcome is always controlled by the individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course

High Pressure Sales Tactics

Sales Counselor (Former Employee)
Greenville, SC (US)

I worked at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsGet to meet people and sometimes help people

ConsHigh pressure sales, like selling a time share.
Telemarketing on the phone lying to people (many seniors) to pressure them to buy overpriced products.
Minimal Wage / Unfair commission structure
Work every day

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized and stop selling like a carney side show

Great Place to Work? Great Work-life Balance!

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOpenness to sharing new ideas, Ability to be a part of the solution, Ability to get involved in many different areas, they promote from within, Excellent Benefits and Compensation. When I came to StoneMor, I was on the 5 year plan and I've been commuting an hour each way for 13+ years now and continue to enjoy it.

ConsSometimes it can be stressful but that is every company. Most of the time the work is rewarding. I believe for the most part, employees at StoneMor are happy with their careers and with what StoneMor has to offer.

present employee

Sales Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

Proshigh commissions, you can be promoted easily

Consvery greedy and pushy atmosphere, micro managed and overpriced. terrible marketeting and old fashioned, customers harassed constantly

Advice to Senior Managementhelp the sales team, better advertising and more time off to recharge

Great Place to work

I have been working at StoneMor

ProsGood working hours, set your own salary

ConsYou get a variety of customers

Don't waste your time

I have been working at StoneMor

ProsTraveling and meeting a variety of Families. Travel time also gets you out of the office

ConsThey require you to spend time going thru the file room pulling existing client files who haven't had all their pre-arrangements taken care of and have us calling these families trying to get into their homes to finish the upsell and so on.. Not very professional. They also request Family Advisors to "Prospect" on the cemetary property when family and friends are visiting their deceased loved ones to try to "Upsell" them as well. Very distasteful. Random door knocking is required as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really need to use different tactics of trying to "sell" or "upsell" people and families. Your ways are very disrespectful as well as distasteful

Treatment of Employees

I have been working at StoneMor full-time for less than a year

ProsSo far the only pro is that the local people I work for are good, honest people.

ConsI was lied to by management right from the beginning. Corporates only concern is the bottom line dollar amount taken in by cemetery. They treat their employees horribly. Corporate figures employees are a dime a dozen and could care less about them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe bottom line dollar is NOT the only thing that should be important in a company

Cemetery is in very poor condition and a terrible place for your loved one a loved one.

Cemetery Sales (Former Employee)
Broomfield, CO (US)

I worked at StoneMor full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent location for a cemetery in an up and coming Broomfield, Colorado location.

ConsNeeds extensive landscaping. Very Very Poor condition

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the future of the Cemetery

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StoneMor reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for StoneMor CEO Lawrence Miller. All 34 reviews are posted anonymously by StoneMor employees.