StratMar Reviews

33 reviews filtered by
3.3
Ethan Charas

1. Great company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at StratMar

Pros

Builds you in the sales industry

Cons

It's really difficult to stay persistent

Advice to Management

NA

Awful company, awful top management, HR nightmare waiting to happen

Former Employee - Sale Representative in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sale Representative in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at StratMar part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ability to really create your own paycheck and it is very cool to work in an airport and meet all sorts of people there

Cons

Where to begin...I had 3 managers in the time since I started -- two were fired out of the blue (literally, they were there one day and gone the next, they had no idea they were being fired. Stratmar knew before hand of course because they immediately had a replacement in there the next day) no specific reason given. I guess top management didn't like them. Third one left before he could be suddenly fired, as well.

Very big lack of proper training, you are pretty much given some legal stuff to read and sign your first day protecting the company from a legal standpoint and then thrown out onto the sales floor. One of the documents I think you sign is one that says you can be fired at any moment at their discretion -- so go figure. I guess this is to cover their legal backside.

No respect, no valuing of employees -- literally there for about a year and one of the top management comes in after the last manager leaves and simply dismisses me from company literally because he can. It seems they are very fond of just getting rid of people "just because." And if you are not up to their specific standards or you are not getting enough apps, you're treated poorly. They keep changing the rules constantly, and I mean constantly. Every day I would come in there is something new they want to change from a legal standpoint. They don't try to help you or train you more on it... they have an "everyone can be replaced" mentality. No appreciation for long-term or loyal employees, none at all, which made it kind of scary to work for this company after a while. I helped them out doing a lot of early and late shifts when other employees had quit, but all of that was a wash once they replaced them, they just don't care.

Upper management tried to forcibly take my airport badge from me, which I think is illegal because they do not own the badge at all, it belongs to the airport system. It made me very uncomfortable how much pressure this upper management guy gave me to leave the job -- he was literally raising his voice in the airport when I questioned him about why he was forcing me to leave and give up my badge. He couldn't believe that I was questioning him, in all his "I'm top management" glory. He seriously wouldn't let me speak, kept interrupting what I was saying. It was actually a very scary and uncomfortable experience -- something I want to report to their company's HR, although I doubt they would care. It had me wanting to get far far away from him and the company he represents.

In the end, I just turned it in myself because I knew I could never go back to this company anyways after I was treated like a piece of nothing. What an awful awful company, stay away from them if you value yourself at all...because they certainly will not. I'm glad this was just a side job for me because I can't imagine how someone would feel if this was their full-time job and they were just dismissed with no warning.

Spend your time and resources anywhere but StratMar.

Advice to Management

Don't think employees are just dispensable -- take the time to properly train them instead of thinking everyone can be replaced. It is a better investment of time and money.

3. Stratmar is an awesome company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at StratMar

Pros

you determine your paycheck, interaction and networking with thousands of people daily, great support from corporate.

Cons

Job security is uncertain due to outside influences not pertaining to the performance of the company

Advice to Management

Expand to the west coast

5. Great potential and growth

I worked at StratMar

Pros

I absolutely loved being responsible for each daily task I would arrive early to prepare myself for the day. My dream job !

Cons

At the time Management was going through changes. I was offered hours when I considered this job that the new hire manager would not allow. She often playfully shoved me and pulled my hair. She slandered about other employees. Said hateful things towards me. As a manager preview pushy for almost 3 years I know this is unacceptable. I am also a Private Retail Sales Rep for another company. I warned her I was putting my notice. Now that I know she has been removed I'm in the process of my return!

Advice to Management

Set a good example for other employees

Keeping it real!

Current Employee - Staff in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Staff in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

StratMar is a great company to work for. In the 2.5 years i have been with this company, I have found the entire management staff to be down to earth and have "real" expectations. Although they do challenge consistency and advancement and drive expectations and accountability, As long as i do my job to the best of my ability, following the guidelines and procedures set, I have the potential to earn a very good income.

Cons

The challenge is on the sales teams to perform to expectations to achieve a full-time position.

Advice to Management

Keep operating with the "real" mentality

A company to grow with.

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for growth. In my 3 1/2 years, I've been promoted 3 times. Each promotion came because Stratmar noticed my performance and APPROACHED ME with the opportunity.

Stratmar's "Open door policy" is second to none. Everyone from the CEO down is accessible.

Cons

The bonus program is the best it's ever been! I'd like to see more consistency with bonuses.

Advice to Management

Stratmar is very good at putting the employees first, keep up the good work !

StratMar is a great place to work

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What I like most about StratMar is the leadership allows you to run your area of responsibility as your own company. They encourage you to take chances but in doing so, expect accountability.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long, but overall, not too bad.

Advice to Management

Continue to over communicate with the teams as you currently do. With so many "dedicated programs" and so many employees working remotely, it's important that you stay connected to each area.

Your training programs are phenomenal and it's very rewarding to see so many Sales reps work through them. StratMar is also a fun place to work and the office culture is excellent!

9. Great place to work with over three years of service

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started very part-time over three years ago and worked my way to a Full-time position. I love the flexibility and the fast-paced ever changing environment. It keeps things fresh and there is never a dull moment with many opportunities to sell and make money.

Cons

Sometimes all the changes are hard to keep up with. Constantly need to remind yourself we are staying ahead of our competition so we need to be flexible.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going; exciting things are happening, business is successful and growing. It's a great time to be working here!

Beware of changing expectations, changin. field management and changing comp plans. Uh, oh!!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at StratMar full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Full-time permanent position, benefits available, field expenses covered. Good IT support with supplied iPads and sales software.

Cons

As the field salesforce for a 3rd party client, there were barriers to getting direct communication regarding issues, expectations, and changes in direction. We were regarded by both the client and StratMar as hired guns (Ronin).

Advice to Management

Be honest with field people regarding changes directed by client. These things happen in the business world, but it is hard to have any trust for an employer that plays mind games with its people.

11. Hard Work, Long Standing Hours

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)

I worked at StratMar part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you want to improve your public speaking ability or if you a generally shy person; then this is the job for you. I spoke to an average of 100 people daily as this job was me standing behind a kiosk at the airport selling a credit card.

Cons

Headaches, leg pain, back pain, eye soreness, no time for slack. Monotonous daily routine.

Advice to Management

For the branch of StratMar located in Newark Airport, I would suggest that you invest more money. This will improve the billboard ads throughout the airport, improve the brochures, and avoid any confusion for both the customer and employee; thus alleviating much of the work force's problems. Perhaps investing in touch screen tablets for each kiosk at EWR Terminal C.