Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi

Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • They offered work from home opportunities at one point(in 14 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on(in 10 reviews)

• have got night shifts and have to follow international calender(in 14 reviews)

Team manager operations.. handling span of 30 includes SME's

Team Manager (Current Employee) Chennai

Prosexcellent infra structure to work

Consless growth opportunities and recognition

educating, demanding, but tiring cycle of work

Client Service Executive (Former Employee) Chennai

Prosenvironment, colleagues, trainers, experience, benefits, good career advancement

Conspolitics, unrelenting pressure on growth and work, overly target- oriented,leave application or time off policies

Very good

Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood work culture, easy money, no strings attached

ConsGraveyard shifts, faulty computers, very bad mangement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Continuous learning will help you improve your personality and promotion

Senior Quality Specialist (Former Employee) Chennai

ProsThe work is easy and you should be customer centric rather than company centric. You'll need to check all the possible ways to help the customers which will help you reach your metrics. Smart working is greater than hard working. Never miss an opportunity to lead a group or any responsibility. Always spend at least extra 15 minutes after your shift to learn more about your job. This will help you learn more about your job and your job expectations.

ConsExtended shift timing due to lack of employees and continuous long shifts during November - January. This is applicable to Amazon program alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter avoid squeezing the employees during seasons but try to understand their need for adequate rest of body and mind which will help them become more productive. You can provide at least Rs.5000/- incentive to all employees regardless of metrics achievement. This is motivate the employees to contribute more.

An excellent employer

Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Cochin

ProsAn awesome place to learn and grow. Yet there are several people who are in SGS for a longer time without any benefit either monetary nor in position. It is all depends on the project and the team size. Before I joined in Sutherland, I was working in a MNC giant. I did not get benefits like Sutherland like swap in shift timings, leave approval etc.

ConsFrequent job cuts. There were 100s of people lost their job in 2013. People who joined as an Associate long back are the current managers of Sutherland. It is not that good to run a project with these people which may end up in project shutdown and results in layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeir management people who have wide exposure. If you heir new people definitely there are chances for new ideas which will result in efficiency in business.

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood place to work. seniors were so supportive.

Conswork pressure and the breaks are not enough

Very Good Experience

Auditor (Former Employee) Thāne

ProsA very good Place for starting Career after Graduation and doing IATA

ConsIt is a Shift based job with Night Shift also.

Career started with sutherland

Consultant (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsCan develop your technical skills

ConsHave to face some politics

Advice to Senior Managementdon't do politics with the employee

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sutherland Global Services Sourcing Solutions Specialist responded to this review

Jul 01, 2014

Hello, and thank you for your review. I like your title, “career started with sutherland.” Entering the professional world can be tough, but Sutherland continues to help employees learn, grow ... More

At first i was satisfied , but later it turned out to be a pain in the neck

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Cochin

Prosonly Cab facility ( Pick and Drop) is great .
    working environment is bad
    pay is poor

ConsMore work than provided
    Office culture is pathetic
    you will be asked to work on your off day at times
    pay is poor

Advice to Senior Managementno suggestions as it wont work out

Just a Good Starter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFreshers can learn how to do things. Lots of exposure and skills to learn. This company can be considered as ladder to climb up to the next level.

ConsNot worth for long term growth. Better performed individuals will get same pay as others. There is no work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to identify and promote individuals based on performance with industry standard compensation.
    Leadership needs to be taught on how to increase compensation benefits for best performing individuals.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!