T.G.I. Friday's

Updated 20 November 2014
2.9

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd
Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment (in 24 reviews)

• Good hours, somewhat flexible hours, great for college studens looking for a part time job (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours depending upon position but worth the money (in 17 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

YIKES

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Richmond, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flex Shifts and food discounts it was close to my home. Bartenders have to rate each other which i think is fair.

Cons

DRAMA a lot of caddyness and cliques. drama if someone got a better schedule than you. Management was poor.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Hostess
    Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff. Takes you in quickly. Very fair management staff. Very clear training. Helpful to understand policies and procedures

Cons

I have only worked here for about a week so I don't have any cons yet so far so good. Loving the experience here

What you would expect

Former Employee - Waitress
    Former Employee - Waitress

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible, good tips, good co-workers sociable crowd

Cons

Unprofessional management who will always put business needs above yours, don't mind rotering you full time hours during your exam period if they need you.

However for a part time job it does the trick- expectations of the job were met

Less turn and burn driven, less concern about labour more focus on the guest experience.

Good work experience for myself.

Former Employee - Host/Food Runner in Bloomingdale, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Host/Food Runner in Bloomingdale, IL (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food at meetings / food demos, good food, family-like atmosphere, younger crowd for those still in school looking for some part-time cash.

Cons

There are too many meetings mandated by regional managers who you've only met twice...and tests for employees are kind of ridiculous, perhaps make them more fun and not required to attend.

Be a little more caring for your employees who work hard and make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

Fun, memorable, exhausting.

Former Employee - Host in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Host in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company prioritizes the importance of having a fun environment for both the guests and the employees. My colleagues were friendly and it was indeed an enjoyable time working there as a part-timer. I was searching for experience as a waiter and working at FRIDAYS, considered as a rather successful company, I have achieved what I was searching for.
    Employees are entitled to a certain amount of discount on main courses.

Cons

Once when they lacked of manpower, I as a host was requested to do dishwashing. Perhaps it was due to me being a new part timer. The pay for a part timer isn't exactly satisfying for the countless sacrifices and effort I've put in as an employee.

Countless traditions have been left aside. The branch I was working at in KL, did not have the infamous FRIDAYS bell where staffs would ring it when they're tipped.

Good entry level job with plenty of options to grow with hard work

Current Employee - Hostess in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Hostess in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If there is great communication it works really well. Airport location has high volume so you meet lots of people and business is never really slow so that means you earn an ok paycheck every two weeks. Travelers are also more likely to tip more. Majority of the staff is fun to work with so that makes it a great/fun place to work at.

Cons

If you don't work together this will create a mess. High job turnover in the host/hostess department due to long hours with guests who can sometimes be irritated or annoyed because of airport travel and or delayed flights. Management doesn't do a very great job in scheduling and leaves little time to take care of personal matters. If airplanes/travelers are delayed then you have to stay as well

Lead by example, work on creating an effective host team

working 7 year in Friday's getting opportunity learn a lot if thing

Current Employee - Sous Chef in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Sous Chef in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time

Pros

wen they hiring new employee, they teach them from the base, and it's really good for new people who just join the industry and latter know lot of thing

Cons

working with less man power to achieve maximum result

should give employee extra off wen they working on public holiday

Easy work if you care

Former Employee - Waiter in Manalapan, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Waiter in Manalapan, NJ (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Depending on the shift you work you can make some good money. Regulars rock but some people take complete advantage of the system. The people I worked with made the job (including management).

Cons

The customers. But it is to be expected in any service position.

Some of us were actually trying to make as much money as possible, just need a little more respect toward the hard workers.

Overall, a fun place to work as a student.

Former Employee - Bartender in North Wales, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Bartender in North Wales, PA (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is good for those that need a flexible schedule, they promote a teamwork atmosphere, and they offer a variety of incentive programs and philanthropic programs for those employees in need. Friday's brand standards ensure a consistent experience from location to location.

Cons

Because the company is so focused on brand standards and consistency across the board, sometimes they lose sight of the inherent differences between various locations; what works for one store sometimes doesn't work for others, and the company fails to be flexible in its' processes and procedures between stores. Also, promotion within management can be laborious, sometimes needlessly so. The benefits packages are expensive and sub-par for non-management personnel.

Serving at Fridays

Current Employee - Server in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a great way to work through college and make decent money with a flexible schedule. I made 20-30 dollars an hour after tips in peak times.

Cons

Non peak times could net you less than the 20 stated above. You are at the peak of your income if you stay a server.