T.G.I. Friday's

T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd

Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment (in 23 reviews)

• I needed a job with flexible hours while in school (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out (in 14 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with minimal flaws!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsVery casual work environment with a fun atmosphere. A very real open door policy with everyone. Executives are smart and inviting. Lots of opportunity for growth inside the company.

ConsVacation time and benefits could be better, but they're not bad. Pay is generally very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease flexible hours and vacation. Generally, everything seems to be on the right track though.

A great and valuable experience.

Head Bartender (Former Employee) Southfield, MI (US)

ProsGreat people, great atmosphere, always fun and exciting, quality food and entertainment!

ConsNeed to hire more from within.

Great part-time or summer job to make some extra money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagers and co-workers were friendly and mostly helpful, so it's a pretty good work environment. Pretty good way to make money, especially as a part time job

ConsHours as a server can be rough. Won't get off until 1:30-2am if you work closing shifts. Also, some days it's pretty slow so there isn't much money to be made.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place

Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

Prosgood company for peoploe who want to grow

Conssome of their franchise owners are not good

Advice to Senior Managementopen in the northweest again

Good money, slave work

Bartender (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsGreat money, good location, fun environment, opportunities

Consunorganized at times , going through a lot of company changes that is really changing the brand and i don't believe for the better, late and long hours, demanding, management docent mind taking advantage of you…… if your willing to work REALLY HARD, hustle, shark or whatever you have to do…. you will make great money for casual dinning.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together, learn the expo, and hire more reliable and accountable employees.

Line cook

ProsTraining was efficient on all 'stations' in the kitchen

ConsI worked for the company for 6 years, never once did I receive any PTO, benefits (which I was told were offered just not to myself) and after 5 years I was told that due to health care reform I would not be allotted more than 28 hours a week. Management, although sometimes friendly, were always to worried about the front of the house reviews and not caring about the back.

daily duties

Dishwasher (Current Employee) Paterson, NJ (US)

Prosclean place to work and local.

Conshours are awful as is pay

Advice to Senior Managementbe more lenient on hours.

Unless you're working as an executive, EVERY employee's experience here is of love/hate.

Bartender (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsFlexible hours, many employment opportunities, many stores all over the world that you can transfer to or work at using the Friday's Passport option.

ConsI've worked on and off with the company since 1985 and over the years it has become more corporate making it painfully obvious that the employees that work for the company are nothing more than expendable tools to assist in meeting their bottom lines, while the employees bottom line dwindle's over the years... no lie, when I started I was a busser and now I'm primarily a bartender but even though I make decent money, it's nothing compared to what I made as a busser and the bussers now make so little money as to be a mystery as to how they make due. Now the company has just been sold and the direction it takes has yet to be determined. I could write a dissertation on this subject alone but it would sound like just the rantings of another employee... and that's not true. This company is currently run by people who have NEVER in their lives worked in a restaurant in any other capacity other than as an executive and it shows in their menu choices, company policies, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart teaching management interpersonal communication, more professional ethics when dealing with their employees. Relax the draconian laws such as termination of those that smoke, although I don't smoke I've seen many outstanding employees terminated because they were taking a moment to collect and cope with what's going in in the restaurant... there have NEVER been a customer complaint about their server's or bartenders taking a smoke so I see no reason as to why they need to be summarily terminated.

Server Review

Server (Current Employee)

ProsFriendly work environment and employees.

ConsCorporate regulation is very strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more time into employees rather than into the physical structure of the restaurants.

Can be fun

Hostess (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX (US)

ProsCan be fun, employees are cool and become good friends, management can be really relaxed

ConsLong hours, management screws you over a lot, stressful

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!