T-Mobile Reviews

3.6
2,286 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • They have also been really flexible with my schedule which helps my home/work life balance (in 115 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 311 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance (in 59 reviews)

• upper management didnt commit to their promises when it came time for promotional opportunities (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall a really good company to work for

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, really good benefits, tuition reimbursement is excellent. They have also been really flexible with my schedule which helps my home/work life balance

Cons

In my personal experience, middle management can leave a lot to be desired, and leadership can be questionable

Sometimes the best leaders are not your top sales people or middle management puppets

T-Mobile, a great company to work for

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. T-mobile is a great company to work for, they look out for their employees, but I work in a Retail Store, and its either a win or lose situation depending on who they hire for your manager.

Cons

leadership can be very unprofessional. feel as though I am being Micro Managed. Our current Retail Sales Manager is horrible, she's received several complaints from the team as well as customers, but she is somehow still employed with the company after very unethical things have bee reported on her

Good place to be

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great with plenty of PTO and good pay. Relaxed environment for being a large corporation. Great people work here, very low turnover therefore you have many sources for learning. T-Mobile does a good job of hiring like-minded candidates and you can trust your coworkers to get their share of the job completed.

Cons

Sometimes you can be spread thin, however it is usually just opportunities to show how you can excel. It is balanced out with downtime other times of the year.

T-Mobile shows their appreciation for a job well done by their incredibly competitive compensation packages.

Current Employee - Account Representative, Small Business
    Current Employee - Account Representative, Small Business

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Love the transparent nature of the rate plans, the candid truth pitched by leadership, and the community...we work together as one team! Incredibly competitive compensation and room for growth. T-Mobile has taught me how sales can change my life.

Cons

Some of the day to day operations are a bit rough, and communication of processes within the company is not always explicit. Things are on the right track but there's work to be done.

More focus and marketing towards B2B where growth potential is huge. Coverage--more investment in Midwest states that are lacking in towers.

The BEST PLACE EVER to Work

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

T-Mobile is truly the best place I have ever worked. It is a transparent environment, we share best practices, and we are encouraged to give feedback to each other and our leaders. The benefits are unbelievable, I have never heard of another company that can beat them. It is a fun and exciting place to work.

Cons

We are constantly changing - if you don't like change, this might not be the place for you.

None,, management awesome, fair and listens to feedback

My experience taught me a lot about commercial sales.

Former Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Concord, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Concord, CA (US)

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

T-Mobile has the support in place to help you with the sales process.

Cons

Internal policies with finance and deal approvals hinder deals and slow down the process.

Streamline the finance process to speed up deals.

5 months in, Still love it

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Richmond, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Richmond, VA (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay! I work part-time at T-mobile and make between 4,000 and 5,000 a month. Our goals aren't that hard to meet since the company is growing rapidly.

There's plenty of upward mobility, I'm actually meeting with someone to talk about getting a job in another part of the company with my degree from VCU.

Management treats you like you're part of the family. They will be your best friend when everything's going well but definitely let you know when they expect more of you. But they don't just say,"You're doing terrible", they'll actually help you with whatever issues you have.

Cons

The in-store amenities other companies have, don't exist in some T-Mobile locations. Sometimes my nametag should say Greeter, Customer Service Specialist, Sales Rep and 'Closest thing to a manager until 2 days from now'.

During that 4 hour period that I'm helping fix someone else's mistake on a customer's account, I barely make any money and whoever else is there takes all the commission. Because of that, it's tempting to brush off customers who need help and refer them back to Customer Care even though you know exactly how to fix said issue.

The employee discount isn't the best.

Work - Life Balance. Your schedule is all over the place.

Expand the LTE network in Richmond as fast as you can.

Sr Business Systems Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the amount of PTO you get

Cons

Very Political on who gets promoted and gets raises

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tukwila, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tukwila, WA (US)

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

T-Mobile offers good/competitive pay and benefits even for part time employees. There is substantial opportunity for growth. The environment is flexible and people are willing to work with your scheduling needs.

Cons

-Retail is a grind, it wears on you
    -The systems are improving but every big launch sends the retail stores into pen and paper mode where it is almost impossible to capitalize on the number of people interested in the product,
    -There is still a disconnect between the policies implemented by upper management and the retail environment, I'm not convinced upper management understands what happens in a retail location

The connect with retail program gets at the right idea but Im not sure the right people are connecting with retail

Rewarding, Stressfree employment at tmobile

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Tmobile offers a flexible schedule.

Cons

Little room for advancement unless willing to be a manager