T-Mobile

3.7
2,429 Reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere
John Legere

Pros
  • Very relaxed and laid back company to work at so there is a great work-life balance (in 117 reviews)

• The company over all treats their employees very well with great benefits even at a part time level (in 319 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance in my role is hard because of the region I support (in 64 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and lots of unnecessary tasks requested by upper management (in 98 reviews)

More Highlights

Never a dull moment

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Tuition reimbursement, 401K, Stock Plan, Daycare Reimbursement , Work part time and make full time money

Cons

Sometimes good workers get over looked but every situation is diffrent

Great Company to work for Part-Time!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Providence, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Providence, RI (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Part-Time with Benefits, Employee Stock Grants, Commission, Fast paced and fun work environment.

Cons

Occasionally have to deal with ridiculous quotas, annoying customers, and unfortunate system outages or failed system updates or delays.

Was a great experience and great place to work!

Former Employee - Account Development Representative
    Former Employee - Account Development Representative

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Tremendous commitment to career development and personal growth. You are not a number at T-Mobile. This emphasis on career planning goes through the entire chain and encourages a unique brand of leadership among wireless providers; the pencil-whipping "boss" types were few and far between. Although external hires became more prevalent in recent years, promotions from within are not unattainable with hard work. Pay was great, benefits were great and core values truly did drive the behavior. I worked there before current CEO regime, but from outsider's perspective, it seems the culture has actually reverted back to the fun-driven, positive energy I was familiar with before the failed AT&T merge. Managers are not afraid to roll up sleeves and work side-by-side with the sales floor. Not surprised they've turned the business around. Cross-functional interaction was encouraged and supported by management. TONS of interaction with coworkers; team-building events were frequent and fun.

Cons

Staffing reductions and re-organizations decimated much of what was a family-oriented culture in my local market. Was hard to see solid employees who became friends leave, and ultimately happened to myself. Was doubly hard to see the decision-makers in many of these scenarios be outside hires. As if these people were brought in specifically for the 'difficult decisions,' starting with the current CEO's predecessor. The constant overarching threat of the next staffing reduction is tough to work through. More sensitivity to this and more respect for your tenured employees would be nice, considering as often as the company lets people go, it's hiring again.

I'm sure things have changed quite a bit since I've left, so my advice isn't likely very relevant.

Awesome career based company

Current Employee - Store Operation Associate in Pinellas Park, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Store Operation Associate in Pinellas Park, FL (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

-competitive pay
    -paid time off
    -amazing managers
    -innovative company

Cons

-Cons difficult to transition into a retail position

None my manager is the best

GreAt work experience

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Hyattsville, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Hyattsville, MD (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

Definitely everything is great it's a great company overall and amazing work experience

Cons

No cons at all everything seem okay for me especially managemenet

None

work life

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

great place to work, excellent benefits

Cons

non had great time working for them

Answer customer phone calls and assist with billing/troubleshooting/plan/upgrade questions

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Great pay, PTO, work environment, family attitude where people care for you and want you to succeed. Great bonuses as long as you produce good stats. After a few months, you've had all of the call types and as long as you pay attention to what you are taught the job will get much much easier. Locked building so it is very secure with full time guard staff at both doors. Will do routine lot walks to check for damage to vehicles, lights left on or windows rolled down in rain.

Cons

Stressful at times, have to sit there and get yelled at by customers and cannot say anything to defend yourself or correct customer. Not always enough support or direction in situations but if you learn to be self sufficient you'll be fine.

Recognize talent outside of Tmobile numbers/Metrics. There are a lot of talented people that work here, they are drawn to a company like Tmobile, give them the opportunity to move around, try something new, move up, build a career.

Good company.

Current Employee - T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate in Northville Township, MI (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

Fun to work for. Great customer service. Cutting edge in regards to technology.

Cons

I disliked switching the sales floor setup. This was done regularly.

Program Manager

I have been working at T-Mobile

Pros

Dynamic company on the move

Cons

Management is done in Bellevue, WA

Getting a job with T mobile!

Current Employee - Department of Sanitation in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Department of Sanitation in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like Accessories, a job, career advancement. Knowing what you want out of life

Cons

Accessories, knowing what you want. Showing up on time. And having Good time management

Hire people who like the stuff, selling form your establishment