TASC Reviews

Updated 8 September 2014
2.8

TASC President and Chief Executive Officer John Hynes
John Hynes

Pros
  • TASC also recognizes work-life balance is important to employee retention (in 4 reviews)

• TASC still has a lot of good people and plenty of interesting work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the divestment from Northrop Grumman TASC has lost its identity (in 9 reviews)

• Senior management was usually promoted from within or at least came with a government background (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Place to Work

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer  in  Stafford, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Stafford, VA (US)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to work, provides ongoing training in many technical and business topic areas. Very good benefits, flexible work schedule. A well-respected company in the DoD and DHS sectors. Very professional work environment that promotes high ethical standards.

Cons

None that pertain to employer-employee relationship. I was there one year two months and did not experience much of any negative situations. Only thing to complain about was there corporate policy on PCs was tightly locked down. Not what most software developers want to have. I ended up having to carry around two laptops - one for corporate connectivity that was locked down and another open laptop for my daily work that I could install my favorite (paid and licensed) development tools on.

Helping other's

Current Employee - Medicaid Enrollment Specialist  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Medicaid Enrollment Specialist in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working for a company that helps people when they are in a difficult situation.

Cons

You may encounter people that just don't want to be bothered no matter what it is that you our offering. Sometimes people are very mean, rude, and disrespectful and that saddens me.

Race to the Bottom

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of good colleagues, work that is important to the nation. Lean upper management

Cons

In the past couple years, too many large contracts were lost and the company has cut and slashed everywhere. Our medical benefits were greatly changed and skyrocketed, 401k contribution cut, profit sharing taken away, pension eliminated (technically that happened when TASC was divested from Northrop Grumman), most internal professional groups eliminated, no apparent investment in R&D or cutting edge technology. Terrible IT support that is outsourced from Unisys too. TASC used to be a place with top scientists and engineers would go, but with a focus strongly on systems engineering and nothing to attract them, there's a disconnect that Sr leaders haven't figured out.

Separate from the holding companies that are killing this company. Consider going employee owned or something. TASC may be able to win work, but if you can't recruit and keep enough good talent, the company is doomed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad management

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer

I worked at TASC full-time for more than a year

Pros

A few good people work there.

Cons

Management is horrible. No, training. Does not value employees. You have to be a favorite to gain longevity.

Believe in and value employees. Train those alrrady on board for future contracts.

A Good Company in a tough industry

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Chantilly, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to transfer internally, overall nice people, Education Assistance is much more than most other companies

Cons

Not a lot of young hires, no consistency to managers, poor growth structure

solidify growth/training structure, make sure managers have the same training, more transparency

Vertical and horizontal movement

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Long-term career there gave me a number of opportunities to move throughout the company. Supportive line management and training ability.

Cons

Benefits were not the best as time went on.

Ok company but needs to care more about its employees

I have been working at TASC full-time

Pros

The work is interesting and the schedule is flexible. Most of the people are friendly, easy to work with, and very intelligent so the learning opportunities are quite good.

Cons

The company needs to show that it cares about its employees. They have steadily been decreasing benefits every year and raises are extremely small or non-existent. Advancement opportunities are also difficult to come by. Lower-level managers are given no training or time to learn about issues that are important to their employees, and are expected to perform personnel management duties off the clock. This severely restricts their level of effectiveness and can lead to employees feeling uninformed, and ultimately, unimportant to the company as the company is not willing to invest time or money back into their workforce. The company is expecting more and more from its employees while offering them less and less in return.

Show the employees that they are worth keeping around by investing in their future with the company. Provide lower level managers time and opportunities to learn valuable information that their employees will likely want to discuss. Provide more advancement opportunities.

Waste of time

Former Employee - Systems Engineer IV  in  Annapolis, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer IV in Annapolis, MD (US)

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exceptional workforce who are willing to try new ideas, methodologies and create new tools

Cons

Horrible, out of touch, ever changing management. In the 4 years I worked for this company I had 19! managers. The HR department doesn't know what they doing. Constantly losing large contracts (and we were the incumbents on them!). Slashed benefits.

Start selling the company to someone who can actually get the work and keep people employed.

Great company until defense budget cuts started affecting the company

I worked at TASC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Paid well
    Good work
    Co-workers very helpful
    Good benefits

Cons

Defense budget cuts started affecting the company
    Layoffs due to cutbacks

Try getting more state and local contracts

Just OK

Current Employee - Information Assurance Engineer  in  Chantilly, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Information Assurance Engineer in Chantilly, VA (US)

I have been working at TASC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good variety of jobs and customers, great education benefits, some nice people and flexible schedules.

Cons

Benefits have been slashed, used to be great but are now just average and may get worse.

Cutting vacation time when all the other benefits were reduced was very difficult on employees.

Worked for TASC? Contribute to the Community!