TASER

www.taser.com

TASER Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2014
TASER – Scottsdale – “TASER HQ building”

TASER – Scottsdale – “TASER HQ building”

TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith

Rick Smith

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

Pros- Everyone at TASER is passionate about their work, friendly, and talented.
    - Work-life balance is pretty good, though largely left up to the employee to maintain. As long as you are getting your stuff done, everyone is happy.
    - Company honestly makes an effort to do good in the world, despite the semi-frequent negative claims in the press.

Cons- Company is experiencing some growing pains with the expansion into the software world, causing some strange tensions between departments.

Working for TASER

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsTASER has a fun environment and a good culture. The weapons sell themselves and is a known established brand. The company utilizes the creativity of its employees

ConsWhile trying to be innovative, they have launched a product that generally across the board is unsuccessful and unreliable. While AXON and evidence.com are good ideas, they have been executed hastily and what comes off as carelessly. There is also a common theme of intensively rushing things too fast, rather than simply evolving the company rapidly

Developing Leaders

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Pros-Everyone is more than willing to teach new employees
    -Valued as an employee
    -Growth opportunities are phenomenal!

ConsI cannot really find anything negative about working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little bit more specific feedback on work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Two day shoot.

Video Production (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsEveryone I worked with was friendly and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

ConsAs it was only a two day project, I didn't see any cons.

TASER - One Great Roller Coaster Ride

ProsExciting - If you want to be part of changing the world, welcome to TASER

Fun - If you want excitement, energy, and being in the action

Stressful - Good stress - not bad stress. If it was easy then anyone could work here

Titles Not Important - The job is key - not the title. If you can kick some tail go kick some tail. If not, this isn't for you. You get to do whatever you need to do to get the job done for the most part.

You work for cops. These are frankly the toughest customers in the world but at TASER we've won their trust and we're trusted advisers here for them. It's on going so you don't get to rest on your laurels. But isn't what a job is supposed to require.

Change is good here. We like that.

Techie - it's all about using technology here to its maximum potential. We dream big here.

We use Good to Great principles here for the most part.

Great culture to work hard, play hard, and to do whatever it takes to get the job done

ConsLittle time for continuing education.

Stressful - I said it was good stress. It is. But It can be tough on some of the employees if they are steeled in this environment. When we face controversy now it makes us release that we do have a tough job here but it also re-energizes most of the staff.

Change is tough here. I just said it was good, but it's still tough now and then. But if we don't change, adapt and overcome, well... we'd be like dinosaurs so in the end that can be a con to some but for most we dig it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some continuing education programs.

Sabbaticals, anyone?

Reward the superstars as well as the steady Eddie rock stars who work like madmen for the sense of pride, the customer and the loyalty of the company.

We use the VOC here so make sure you stay in touch with the VOE (employee) a little more.

We need more opportunities to make sure we know who all of us employees are since there has been a lot of growth.

Massive impact

Software Developer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsNoble Mission- The tech that TASER/Evidence.com are creating is literally saving lives and bringing greater transparency to law enforcement making communities safer
    Excellent Talent- Smart people from top schools/former companies. On the brink with several exciting new developments.
    Flat environment- Initiative is encouraged and the best answer wins

Conshard work sometimes skews work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pressing

An innovative company with a creative work atmosphere

Development (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsWork on products that save lives and change the world, every day.

ConsMunicipal spending budgets for new equipment and gear drive a great deal of our business, good and bad.

Incredible opportunities

ProsNo one is ever satisfied with average work. Everyone is striving to be the best. Open door policy - even the CEO has a cubicle, not an office!

ConsYounger company, some people are set in their ways

Mission

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Pros“TASER’s mission is the end user, the law enforcement officer. TASER has effectively changed law enforcement by adding intermediate weapons, cameras, and technology that protects them, allows them to save more lives, and positively enhance the delivery of police service in their community. I’m proud to be a part of this mission,” –Andy, Sales Ops

ConsWell if you don't like technology, career opportunity, talent, innovation, individualism, motivation, excitement, sci-fi, self-management, open communication, working for an industry leader, educational opportunities, positive motivation, then you may not enjoy this employer.

Ambitious Senior Management with lousy lower mid and low level managers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

ProsCool Hardware Technology. Cool head quarters building that looks like a space ship. Very impressive to show off to friends and family.

ConsLousy place to advance the career. Very poor communication between mid and low level managers to troops. Worst medical benefits if you have a family. No training program. Poor salary for most positions, but get away with this because of location.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the mid and low level management more responsible. Avoid random and sudden death firing squads.

Worked for TASER? Contribute to the Community!