TASER Reviews

61 reviews filtered by
4.3
TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • No doors" policy makes a really friendly work environment (in 7 reviews)

• s mission is the end user, the law enforcement officer (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • hard work sometimes skews work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• No meaningful career path planning / counseling (in 3 reviews)

Full stack developer working on a cloud based system for managing digital evidence.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The hierarchy is very flat which encourages communication, cooperation, and rapid development of ideas. My coworkers are smart and passionate. We're all excited to work on a product that actually makes a difference.

Taser is run by it's founder CEO whose goal is to build and grow the business: this means that the company is willing to take risks to build entirely new businesses. Taser's mission statement is: Protect life. Protect Truth. To date, Taser has been the trailblazer of two life-saving technologies: stun guns and body-worn cameras for police officers.

Cons

the Seattle office is mostly an open office plan

New kid on the block, feeling very welcome

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at TASER

Pros

This team is ready to welcome inbound employees with open arms and lots of support.
    The introduction and on-boarding has been great and I am thrilled with the reception they have given me!
    Coming from a very large organization, I was a little bit used to feeling invisible sometimes, but this is not that kind of shop. I feel confident I will be able to contribute and work closely with other teams to help deliver - and leverage all the internal knowledge I can to make me successful.
    Looking forward to a bright future here!

Cons

none that I can see yet

3. Best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Simply stated, this is the best company I've ever worked for, and here are some reasons why:

-Massive growth potential both from a market perspective and personal career perspective
    -Transformative technology company going from a hardware company to a hardware + software company
    -Company that actually believes in what it's doing, and it's a good thing to do - Protect Life. Protect Truth.
    -Really fun people and culture

Cons

Too much hyper-growth and opportunity! But seriously, while not a a perfect company, I can't think of any structural cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the market opportunity and your people. Continue to keep the bar high for hiring.

WORKING AT TASER

Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at TASER

Pros

When you first come in they tell you that they like to cross train everyone.

Cons

Not True,
    They teach for failure. They never cross train you and if you are finished with your job, and ask to help and train in the other areas they tell you no and a week later cancel your contract.
    IF your at the end by Laser Alignment, you will never be there more than 3 months.
    The majority of the employees seem to be poor uneducated women.

Advice to Management

Swap the people in the Laser alignment to another area every 2 weeks. And do the same with the other areas.

6. A company dedicated to creating technologies that are making the world a better place and saving lives every day.

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Passionate people, great culture, approachable leadership. This is a place that great people have the opportunity to grow and make real contributions to the company.

Cons

People here work hard, and sometimes work-life balance is skewed. TASER is growing very quickly, which is both exciting and a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Leaders at TASER are approachable, and I encourage them to keep taking time to get in the trenches with their employees from time to time.

7. I really enjoy working with such passionate people.

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is passionate about their job and providing great products to improve relationships between the police and the public. With the size of company we are, every employee has responsibility and makes a difference. Every day is exciting and new. Interacting with our customers (police officers), has given me a new perspective on their jobs. Also time-off is pretty lax which is awesome!

Cons

Every company has some issues, but Taser has been working to rectify theirs. Short people in certain positions which causes extra work for others (they are working on hiring good employees to fill these spots). Lower compensation than other tech companies for certain positions, but also cheaper living in AZ than CA.

8. Happiness

Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at TASER full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture, people are fantastic to work with. CEO, CFO and executives really care for the employees, whether or they work in the factory, admin, sales and support. CEO does genuinely care for his employees work/life balance.

Cons

Health Benefits are are little high compared to other companies I've worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep your hand on the pulse of the remote workforce.

9. Great place to work

I have been working at TASER (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great management and culture. salary decent

Cons

I do not have any complaints right now

10. Taser Intl is a fast-paced, exciting company to work for.

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Value their customers above all else, incredible people to work with, time-off policy is fantastic

Cons

Work-life balance, fast-moving also means personell changes do happen

Great Culture, Product, and Mission

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A simple way of putting this: employees were recently given a survey where they could give feedback anonymously. The results showed that most everyone in the company is very/extremely satisfied with the company overall. Very few people, if any, gave negative feedback. Remember, it was submitted anonymously. I can personally add that, after working for a handful of large profitable juggernauts, TASER is the best company culture I have encountered.
    The company seems to really care about its employees and the employees are typically passionate about what they're trying to accomplish; improving the safety of officers and the public.
    Getting into the company is not easy, there are a lot of candidates applying so stay patient - it's worth it.
    *Take negative feedback on glassdoor with a grain of salt. They are typically written by disgruntled former employees that want the last word (or poorly written review). Happy current employees (like myself) rarely think to take time out of their day to write positive feedback.

Cons

Not so much of a con, but a draw back if you're not used to it. The company is in a growth pattern so many things have to be figured out on the go. Departments have been and will continue to be shuffled into each other. Some positions may need created while others will need eliminated or redefined. It happens anywhere but this company is figuring out how to do it for the first time. They seem to be doing it well, but it's an art, not a science.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on employee development. The company will thrive with the best educated and motivated staff.

TASER Photos