TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company to work if you want to become tech guru

Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1. cutting edge technology
2.Assurance of working on new products and technology
3. Good compensation and benefits
4. If you are lucky may visit HQ in palo alto

Cons1. Seeking promotion for management role is very tough
2. You have to continuously prove that there is need of you to be in there without which you may soon become a normal person

Advice to Senior Managementneed to create opportunities for people who want to grow in higher role.

Good company to work

Technical Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpen culture, smart people to work with. Good plans for growth for techie. Good work life balance. Decent compensation. Flexible in terms of working hours, work from home. Free snacks. Ping Pong and other recreational activities available.

ConsFocus on delivering quality has reduced a little over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresently the hiring policy is adhoc. Need to have stricter criteria before hiring individuals to ensure product deliverables meet quality standards that can enable it to stay ahead of the competiton.

TIbco is not only the place to work ..

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

Pros1. None. I did not find anything.

Cons1. Very less onsite opportunities. They send onsite senior managers only where it is not required.
2. Do not have Group Anti Corruption Law Policies. Group of some idiots and unprofessional peoples can tarnish companies image.
3. Do not have sexual harassment policies. And HR is puppet show of managers.
4. Not recommended place for Experienced peoples.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is huge world outside tibco. Pull of some senior older managers and hire new talent.

Company with fantastic opportunities!

Director Human Resources - India (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsFreedom of ideation and implementation, great worklife balance, insurance programs - better than most competitors..open and respectful environment...

ConsNeed to develop processes around employee life cycles

Great company to work for

I have been working at TIBCO Software

ProsGood products to learn
open work culture

Consnone really that I can think of

Better than average.

Associate Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Pune

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work Life balance (generally laid-back if you like it).

The quality of work you get depends on the team you get into, but if you get into some new and upcoming products, you can learn and grow.

Decent changes of going abroad if you're in the right teams.

There are some good, smart people in a few of the teams. Generally too, people are helpful.

ConsOffice is full of people who are either just uninterested, or are too bad to get a job anywhere else.

Average age of work force is on the higher side, so there is no youthful energy.

A lot depends on the team you're into.Very bad appraisals (generally, but if you're in right teams it is up to the standards).

Average facilities, food is bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease fire more and right people. Do that often, some people only work when they're afraid of the sack.

Maintain some standards while recruiting.

Cultivate a more healthy,technical work culture.

Spend some money on the employees, it will boost the moral.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

Pros- Pays well, on-par with product companies
- Few good employees who know what they are doing

Cons- Only the people who suck up to the managers survive
- Only regional languages used by employees

Chaotic, in a nice way

Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are a few things very interesting about working for TIBCO. It is a big company ( > $1b in revenue, 4000+ employees) that feels small (everyone knows everyone, very startup-like culture). It is not a company where you look for linear growth, you either remain stagnant or rise high and rise fast. There is a lot of focus on customer satisfaction, and in general the quality of work is very good. It is a place of innovators. Even if your job is "boring", the amount of smart people you come across in your daily lives whether they are in India or Palo Alto is amazing.

The learning is amazing. Whether it's technology, or management, or political dynamics of a customer, there's lots and lots to learn. What you learn in TIBCO in a year is what you'll learn in other companies in two or three years.

The best thing about working for TIBCO is that there is a lot of freedom for you to do what you think is right for your customer(s) and for the company. This includes flying in to visit them and solve an escalation, taking an initiative outside the scope of the customer for personal improvement or taking your team out for a good dinner because they work hard for you.

ConsTIBCO is not a paymaster, and money talks in the outside market. Those who work for TIBCO are done chasing big money unless they are very senior management. Those who work for TIBCO are basically motivated by other things: quality of work, self-esteem, ability to innovate - but not money, because money alone as a parameter will fetch better paying jobs.

TIBCO also has a very Palo Alto feel to it. It brings a good startup culture, but every region is different and sometimes very senior management do not respect cultural and geographical differences, making it less easier to execute in upcoming markets.

Lastly, TIBCO is a company where two things matter a lot: who you know and who know you. The internal social network is a platform to exhibit your abilities no matter who you are, whether you are an EVP or a developer. But if you keep quiet and do your job day in and day out, you'll get the salary and earn the respect but your growth will be limited. TIBCO wants everyone to be rockstars so if you expect a company to invest heavily in your growth without showing a very high level of self motivation it is not the best company to work for. Having said that, you will be compelled to become a rockstar just by the company you keep.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on retaining good talent. We have the culture and the people to grow new heroes every day, but exceptional talent must be persuaded to remain with us.

Secondly, do not box innovation to certain departments, everyone must innovate whether they're a CEO or a doorknob.

Lastly, "overhead" investment in growth and relationship management is inevitable.

It's an amazing company to work for

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent values and culture that promotes customer centricity, team work, excellence, innovation and fun

Constrying to become yet other body shop

Advice to Senior Managementdon't try to change culture and values.

Learning curve never drops

Manager - WW Customer Marketing, Industry & Solutions Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIrrespective of the knowledge you bring, there's so much to learn at TIBCO. The cross-functional assignments and interaction lead you to new discoveries and new entrepreneurial opportunities. And obviously there's no dearth of opportunities.

ConsThere's hardly any bench-time :)

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 327 reviews are posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.