TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work

Technical Architect (Current Employee) Pune

ProsOpen culture, smart people to work with. Good plans for growth for techie. Good work life balance. Decent compensation. Flexible in terms of working hours, work from home. Free snacks. Ping Pong and other recreational activities available.

ConsFocus on delivering quality has reduced a little over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresently the hiring policy is adhoc. Need to have stricter criteria before hiring individuals to ensure product deliverables meet quality standards that can enable it to stay ahead of the competiton.

Company with fantastic opportunities!

Director Human Resources - India (Current Employee) Pune

ProsFreedom of ideation and implementation, great worklife balance, insurance programs - better than most competitors..open and respectful environment...

ConsNeed to develop processes around employee life cycles

Chaotic, in a nice way

Architect (Current Employee) Pune

ProsThere are a few things very interesting about working for TIBCO. It is a big company ( > $1b in revenue, 4000+ employees) that feels small (everyone knows everyone, very startup-like culture). It is not a company where you look for linear growth, you either remain stagnant or rise high and rise fast. There is a lot of focus on customer satisfaction, and in general the quality of work is very good. It is a place of innovators. Even if your job is "boring", the amount of smart people you come across in your daily lives whether they are in India or Palo Alto is amazing.

The learning is amazing. Whether it's technology, or management, or political dynamics of a customer, there's lots and lots to learn. What you learn in TIBCO in a year is what you'll learn in other companies in two or three years.

The best thing about working for TIBCO is that there is a lot of freedom for you to do what you think is right for your customer(s) and for the company. This includes flying in to visit them and solve an escalation, taking an initiative outside the scope of the customer for personal improvement or taking your team out for a good dinner because they work hard for you.

ConsTIBCO is not a paymaster, and money talks in the outside market. Those who work for TIBCO are done chasing big money unless they are very senior management. Those who work for TIBCO are basically motivated by other things: quality of work, self-esteem, ability to innovate - but not money, because money alone as a parameter will fetch better paying jobs.

TIBCO also has a very Palo Alto feel to it. It brings a good startup culture, but every region is different and sometimes very senior management do not respect cultural and geographical differences, making it less easier to execute in upcoming markets.

Lastly, TIBCO is a company where two things matter a lot: who you know and who know you. The internal social network is a platform to exhibit your abilities no matter who you are, whether you are an EVP or a developer. But if you keep quiet and do your job day in and day out, you'll get the salary and earn the respect but your growth will be limited. TIBCO wants everyone to be rockstars so if you expect a company to invest heavily in your growth without showing a very high level of self motivation it is not the best company to work for. Having said that, you will be compelled to become a rockstar just by the company you keep.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on retaining good talent. We have the culture and the people to grow new heroes every day, but exceptional talent must be persuaded to remain with us.

Secondly, do not box innovation to certain departments, everyone must innovate whether they're a CEO or a doorknob.

Lastly, "overhead" investment in growth and relationship management is inevitable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

ProsGood products to learn
    open work culture

Consnone really that I can think of

It's an amazing company to work for

ProsExcellent values and culture that promotes customer centricity, team work, excellence, innovation and fun

Constrying to become yet other body shop

Advice to Senior Managementdon't try to change culture and values.

Learning curve never drops

Manager - WW Customer Marketing, Industry & Solutions Marketing (Current Employee) Pune

ProsIrrespective of the knowledge you bring, there's so much to learn at TIBCO. The cross-functional assignments and interaction lead you to new discoveries and new entrepreneurial opportunities. And obviously there's no dearth of opportunities.

ConsThere's hardly any bench-time :)

TIBCO provides great opportunity to grow within the company and further your career.

Inside Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGood working culture and atmosphere to showcase your talent. Talent is always recognized.

ConsSome regions need more support in terms of resources to increase sales

Great!

Human Resources Executive (Current Employee) Pune

ProsGreat work culture and amazing learning experience..Policies are very good and employee is well taken care of...Even the benefits offered are best among industry...

ConsOne cant be just average and work at TIBCO...You have to be proving yourself all the time and cannot take your job for granted at any point of time...Work environment is challenging..

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to get more work for TIBCO India as we have good number of talented people here....

Of all the places I've worked in this is the place I'd call home.

Director (Current Employee)

ProsSpirit of innovation, freedom to experiment, support to help you find your niche and work to your strengths -- these are what are great here. Titles and designations don't count for much here as much as peer recognition does. You can try different roles and you will get the support you want. Of course, it pays to maintain relationships and build your network if you want to try new opportunities.

ConsIt's tough for someone starting their career here since there is very little formal mentorship. You are thrown into the deep end of the pool and you could turn into a great swimmer or drown. But worse, you could learn a bad technique that will stick with you for life.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease focus and pay more attention to the people inside. We make great software, and there are several people who are happy and self-driven. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't do more formal TLC or aspire to be a "great place to work".

You will definitely enjoy working in Tibco

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Pune

ProsYou will get good compensation along with good work-life balance.

ConsAs compare to other companies, you will have minimal career opportunities

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!