TRW Automotive

TRW Automotive Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

TRW Automotive Chairman of the Board, President and CEO John C. Plant

John C. Plant

Pros
  • good salary good people place to learn on seem to make smart business decisions(in 7 reviews)

• Good place to learn and grow in the automotive industry(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible work/ life balance, your home is just a place to store your stuff(in 3 reviews)

• Limited career growth opportunities(in 3 reviews)

Strict and not friendly toward workers.

Production (Former Employee) Saginaw, MI (US)

ProsThe people I worked with is what made going to work worth it for me, my supervisors were also easy going.

ConsManagement in the front office and uncooperative union rep.

No Values. No culture, No mutual respect - TRW Shanghai / Suzhou

Prosnothing special - not a great company especially in Shanghai / Suzhou

ConsTalent is not respected/recognized, hiring and firing, personal relations are important than Hard work and honesty. HR function from all levels is not reliable / dominating and inconsistent. Not a good place .

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not fire people based on personal relation,

A good company that has lost track of it's greatest assets.....People!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and benefits. Non-management staff knowledgeable and great to work with.

ConsDirector level micromanagement and lack of respect for the working salaried class. Our way or the highway attitude and does not want feedback on how to improve things. Complete lack of understanding of the amount of resources needed to complete the job properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire staff to allow people to succeed not just get by. Quality of life for workers needs to be considered rather than just Shareholder and CEO returns.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Blame Game

Customer Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Marshall, IL (US)

ProsMost people are friendly, when it's time to go home you go home, little to no travel required, low turnover rate of employees.

ConsEveryone plays the blame game and doesn't take responsibility for anything. No clear guidelines of who is responsible for which activities. Every-changing management at headquarters makes it difficult for manufacturing to respond accordingly. Minimal perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to have a better work environment so that program managers have a lower turnover rate. Manufacturing gets frustrated with the non-communication. Also implementing tracking services require everyone's input- there was no stakeholder management and the RMA software they want to implement is not going to be used accurately for a long time.

Disorganised, rushed and poor management

Irrelevant, I Did Multiple Peoples Jobs As They Refused to (Former Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsFairly relaxed environment, people are nice when they're not being shouted at by senior management or the yes men. Lots of opportunity to move about as staff turnover is pretty high!

ConsManagement don't have a clue how things actually work. Even after explaining with evidence the reasons for things being the way they are, that information is discarded/ overlooked. They think things can be solved with emails and spreadsheets rather than using their eyes, ears and mouths to gather appropriate info.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop bullying staff and ask them how to solve problems as opposed to blindly barking orders and wondering why it's all gone to pot. A happy worker is a productive worker. An unhappy worker is miserable and bitter towards the company and people responsible. Think about it.....pretty simple, really!

Great supplier company in automotive industry

Intern (Former Employee) Farmington Hills, MI (US)

ProsFlexible working time. Good work environment.

ConsLack of lunch place around.

Great experience

Manager (Former Employee) Toledo, OH (US)

ProsVery secure jobs and great starting wage

ConsOn task managers with good work ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't do any better,keep up the good work

OK, but still a lot to improve

Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Timişoara (Romania)

Prosvery challenging. You can learn a lot

Consdon't do anything to hold good people in the company

South America OES Sales Coordinator

Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) Limeira, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsAll liberty to handle with the OES accounts in the my way. A great school to how to do business by yourself.

ConsDoes not have a structure team to OES, very difficult to develop business because of that

Advice to Senior ManagementBrazil has a great market to OES business and all major customer are looking for partnerships to gain share and build up a better market to their dealers.

Excellent Management Team Driven to Suceed and deliver results

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsHighly talented and driven senior management team, focused on the right metrics and cares about achieving them. Wants to win, and wants employeees to be winners

ConsA little too political at times. CEO makes a salary a little to high in comaprison to the rank and file.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare a little more with the lower ranks, QIP bonus pool neds to include more rank and file to get better results, limiting the pool only hurts in the long run

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!