TRW Automotive

TRW Automotive Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

TRW Automotive Chairman of the Board, President and CEO John C. Plant

John C. Plant

Pros
  • good salary good people place to learn on seem to make smart business decisions (in 7 reviews)

• Good place to learn and grow in the automotive industry (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible work/ life balance, your home is just a place to store your stuff (in 3 reviews)

• Limited career growth opportunities (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

ok

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Fowlerville, MI (US)

Prosnice working conditions and they provided uniforms.

ConsTo many bosses getting involved

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat People better

Interesting

Finance (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI (US)

ProsMore challenging/rewarding work, work with good people.

ConsBuilding condition, building layout/functionality, lack of actual cubes for each employee, Corporate lacks the benefits and employee appreciation of comparable companies/competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher degree of value on employees.

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI (US)

ProsTRW allows me to work on projects where I am able to interact with all levels within the company. There has been plenty of career opportunities available as well. Hard working people who really care about what we do and the products we make.

ConsTRW is a fast paced working environment and you have to be able to handle multiple tasks at one time. If you are unable to thrive in this type of environment, then this may not be a good fit

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest back into the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good working experience in an Automotive company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pros of the position include flexible working hours and friendly people who help you out whenever needed.

ConsHave not been working there long enough to specify. The training side of things could be improved.

Great place to grow your career

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI (US)

ProsTRW is a large, global company. If you are looking for a place where you can learn, be challenged, and grow your career, this is the company to join. I have always been able to make a move/take on a new role when I was ready for a change. I have been able to maintain adequate work life balance.

ConsTRW is very lean. Resources are not abundant and if you are a manager, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and work - not just manage - not a con for me but is for some others.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more robust, global systems.

The Most Disappointing Experience in My Career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsChallenging fast paced work. Travel. Great colleagues once away from management so they could do their job without being micromanage or abused.

ConsManagement treated the team worse than dogs. I have never been yelled at so much or with so much anger in my life, including 4 years active duty service. The manager treated the whole team with such anger the mood in the office was of fear only. The abuse was reported to HR and nothing changed. I would have thought the daily swearing at the team would have brought a quick disciplinary action but the abuse was ignored. I was told by the Anger Management problem manager's boss to keep my mouth shut and "just take the money". Disgusting...

Advice to Senior ManagementAnger management for problem managers as metrics do not justify the abuse.

Company only for managements

ProsGood engineering skilled / communication employee except for managements,
    though only a few managements are good.
    I don't remember others..

ConsNo valuable managements.They move only for own profit and never support the staff.
    They goes on frequency travel to get a mijlage
    at business class ,though they re not VPs.
    They're provided iPhon,but we can never contact with the managements after5pm.They use it mainly for LINE and SNS.
    They often goes to night club for the customer meeting. Is this true? I'm not sure it is For Custmmer or for private entertainment?

Internal Audit team or Helpline is no use...

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider engineers as most important.
    TRW is not investment company.
    Should check the management'expense carefully.
    There is a rumor Some managements may waste JP's money for own...in our country.

top heavy

CNC Machinist (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI (US)

Prosgood salary good people place to learn on seem to make smart business decisions . production incentives. ways of growth within

Consceo salary out of control while cutting workers compenisation and work rules. lack of communication with managers and empoyees

Advice to Senior Managementcomunicate comunicate use common sense for solutions

amazing experience, learnt a lot

Prosit is a multinational company and gave me an exposure to automotive industry

ConsI cant think of any.

Good company.

Co-Op (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsGood people, acceptable work environment.

ConsTypical of large companies, there is a struggle between departments, conflicting agendas and miscommunications, and an inefficiency that comes with the "system".

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the employees a priority.

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!