TUI Travel

Be The First To
Add Photos

TUI Travel CEO Peter Long

Peter Long

A flexible, dynamic business with lots of opportunties to develop a career.

International Management Graduate (Current Employee)

Prosflexible, dynamic, many career opportunities, innovative and good company culture.

ConsDue to the nature of business, plans can change often and with short notice - need to be very flexible.

Travel with smile

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Āgra, Uttar Pradesh

ProsThe best company to deliver best services to client

Constake care our client important things

Advice to Senior Managementthey are very gud

Bullies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAll positives were completely and utterly crushed......

ConsLine managers bully their staff as they too are bullied. So you cannot approach anyone for help to prevent this as those above rule in a similar way.
    Targets reached so they find something else to shout about. Humiliating, upsetting, destroying, disaster of an experience.
    I quit a good job to join Tui and feel gutted I was duped from day one. False promises of what's on the horizon.
    Absolutely NO employee care whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you wish to keep staff and save on training costs. Treat them as human beings. Value their work, educate if they fail. Praise often..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience for young people looking to work abroad

Chalet Host (Former Employee) Les Deux Alpes (France)

ProsProvides the opportunity to work with like-minded people in some of the best winter and summer holiday destinations in Europe and beyond.
    Necessities ranging from accommodation to insurance are arranged for you prior to departure so you don't have to worry.
    Interacting with a wide range of guests allows you to make a lot of new friends.

ConsOften work long, hard hours and following the deductions receive very little income. Not a problem if you are are happy just about breaking even but definitely not a money maker!

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure in-resort managers make the effort to integrate with their team. The knowledge that you are working for a manager that you like and who cares about you provides inspiration when the going gets tough.

Very good experience overall but recent changes make it difficult to consider as a long-term career.

Resort Team Leader (Former Employee) Fethiye, Mugla (Turkey)

ProsYou get the feeling that you are an important part of the company, no matter what role you are in. Management make sure that you get recognised and rewarded for good work and there are always opportunities to progress in the company. There is a great lifestyle away from work and you get to see and experience some amazing places around the world, not to mention all of the people you will meet along the way.

ConsThe job can be quite demanding and in some resorts you can find yourself really stretched due to staff shortages. Some managers will get stuck in and help out with any task but others can be very distant and leave some team members neglected.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that management are prepared to help out at lower levels when required.

Good company name, but lost their way in world of Retail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosopportunities are with this company to progress, and as a company Tui are vibrant and focussed for todays world, they are leading the way in travel with excellent Hotels and service.

ConsThe Retail enviroment is wrapped up with lots of pressure on staff. leaving them feeling exhausted , largely due to many years of cutting down staff in retail due to todays demanding world of profit, making our staff in retail feeling lots of pressure to meet company standards and left feeling under valued .

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the core of the business, keeping them valued is making their job more enjoyable, Im afraid to say that as a company so big their only focus is the big numbers and their is no concern for base level yet all contributing to the same company in some form or another.

Empowering the Individuals

Assistant Business Partner (Current Employee) Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

ProsMarket leader, Working with all kind of characters at office and across the borders, get to see the world

Consnot enough perks like other travel companies offer their staff, which can be understandable by amount of staff TUI travel have in compare to others

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the meaning of Flexi hours

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Pros- Very good staff
    - Solid expertise and understanding of the industry

Cons- Poor salary
    - Poor benefits
    - Lack of internal promotions
    - Incredibly erratic and knee jerk reaction to almost everything
    - Constant reshuffle of upper management
    - Massive blame game culture

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove salary, reward staff for hard work, be more measured in how you react when things aren't going well.

Unorganised, Under Paid, High Pressure

Recruitment Advisor (Former Employee)

ProsCheap Holidays (if you can get them)

ConsHigh Pressure and Under Paid, temp contracts

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Organisation with regards to job positions, offer more money for the work being done - ensure staff are on permanent contracts rather than temporary contracts

Great fun until it isn't any more...

Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) Innsbruck (Austria)

ProsTravel, living in wonderful locations, the chance to live in a completely different culture and have a life that isn't possible in the UK even for a season.

ConsManagement are a bit cliquey in the country I was in. I had wonderful managers in my winter roles, but a specific manager in the summer was not honest with me until she realised that I had an intention of continuing to work for the company for a longer time, at which point she made clear she didn't like me and thought I couldn't do my job despite me having been there for a year and a half already. At this point the whole experience took a turn for the worse and the enjoyment disappeared. It is impossible to continue working in a country where you know very few people when management are making your life hell, although other managers were very supportive it was never in front of the manager in question so at to not disturb the clique.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeasonal staff would stay more if their PDRs were taken seriously and dealt with honestly, the room for growth in the seasonal industry is great for those that want to utilise it, but not telling staff how you really think they are doing helps no-one.

Worked for TUI Travel? Contribute to the Community!