Tag Worldwide Reviews

54 reviews filtered by
2.6
Tag Worldwide Global CEO John Paulson
John Paulson

Pros
  • I'll admit the beer on Fridays was cool, too, though (in 7 reviews)

• Some great People at your level (whilst they're about (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of turnover understandably caused by recent Williams Lea acquisition (in 8 reviews)

• It has a very cliche culture and senior management tend to play favourites (in 5 reviews)

1. Service Delivery Manager

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Chennai
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Chennai

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time

Pros

Developing Teams, new challenges everyday

Cons

No office culture and employee engagement

Great Place to work!!!

Current Employee - Digital Production Manager in Chennai
    Current Employee - Digital Production Manager in Chennai

I have been working at Tag Worldwide

Pros

Flexible work hours, not much pressure and supportive inmates.

Cons

Handling Client as well meeting the expected deliverable when you have resource crunch.

3. It's getting better but more is needed

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Plenty of social activities
    - Xmas work party is great
    - Fruit and snacks every Wednesday
    - Quarterly face-to-face business update from MDs (Very new)
    - Half decent training program easily accessible to all (Very new)
    - Clear processes and workflows now in place
    - Reviews from senior management are regular and somewhat promise an increase but they don't really have any say in your pay rise anymore, you're lucky to get 1% per annum.
    - Progression is a lot better than what it was and leads to big pay increases
    - Clear and open communication from top down (Very New)
    - New roles internally advertised leading to better career progression.

Cons

- Oversale and wrong expectations set to client in initial discussions for next-gen software by directors (who has now left!), leading to very difficult PM
    - Been here long before Williams Lea took over, even though they have improved processes and workflows we are now all expecting to see redundancy once the new software has been completed. Teams have already been hugely downsized and out sourced to India or SA.
    - A lot of senior directors have left in a short space of time (slightly worrying)
    - Childish environment/Unprofessional colleagues (like a school playground at times)
    - Favoritism by senior management
    - Allowed to get away with murder! people come and go as they please, take long lunches all the time, smokers allowed as many breaks as they want and no real accountability for actions.
    - No real experience in the team and the few long timers here (i'm talking only 3 years+), are on the way out and unappreciated.
    - Turn over of staff isn't as bad as it was but still not great
    - IT infrastructure regularly down or very slow.

Advice to Management

- Crack down on staff that do not work and take the p*
    - Notice and appreciate those that do work hard, that do work through their lunches, that do stay late, that do work out of hours and do not say to them "you need to watch your time" when others do not.
    - Do not out source complex or high value tasks or projects and then wonder why you have poorly working software systems both V4 and 5.
    - All departments moan about the software. Don't blame the people who support it, blame the lack of recourse/funding, the direction that some senior people bulldozed their way in and jumped to queue to get ridiculous functionality that only serves one client, which I have seen time and time again. Its an aging system that cannot handle the volume of work and client needs.
    - More funding and resources for next gen platform

It will pay your rent, but it's not a career

Current Employee - Asa in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Asa in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back, quite flexible, cookie Wednesday and Beer Friday. Good from a social perspective

Cons

Low pay, poor management, extremely limited, growth

Advice to Management

More active in improving the middle management. They need more coaching and advice to improve their management skills.

No sense of loyalty whatsoever.

Former Employee - Indentured Servant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Indentured Servant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a handful of very nice people left that you can share your gripes with and a couple of good managers. There's beer on Friday - but surprisingly, I can buy my own.

Cons

It doesn't matter how hard you work, it is not appreciated and there is no compensation if you are not in the corral of favorites. You have to watch your back and set your shields to maximum when it comes to most management. Also, they are too busy or lazy to train. Bullying and ageism are rampant.

Advice to Management

Take a management course or two!

Account Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You feel like the smartest person in the world compared to everyone else who works there

Cons

"Senior" management is a complete joke - they're under qualified, unintelligent, no advertising knowledge/background, poor excuses for leaders and managers. The turnover rate is INSANE! In the few months I lasted before leaving for a new job I saw over 18 employees quit

Advice to Management

Decline the job offer and wait for something better

8. Great experience working with people from London, USA and LATAM.

Former Employee - Prepress Artworker
    Former Employee - Prepress Artworker

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diversity of cultures and people. Confidentiality and trustworthiness.

Cons

Too many rules to follow. To many steps to reach one simple aim.

Advice to Management

Try to simplify the way of working eliminating as much steps of workflow as possible in order to gain time and save money. Give more financial autonomy to the local hubs.

Like Working In A Factory

Former Employee - Creative Artworker in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Creative Artworker in London, England (UK)

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good for youngsters, but only as a stepping stone. Good Xmas works do. There are some nice teams to work with.

Cons

There are so many things wrong with this company, I could right a book on it. I was there long before Williams Lea took over and it is no different to how it was before, except for the impending doom of redundancies now hanging over everyone's heads. The place is run by what seems to be a bunch of wide boys, possibly former gangsters, who only look out for themselves and wouldn't think twice about running you over if you got in their way. The management do not do a thing to improve this company, the only thing they are concerned with is getting work out the door on time. This is made very difficult due to poor, dated equipment, software that doesn't work properly, and that over complicates the most simplest of jobs. To make things worse, the management are constantly moaning about the state of the company, which is terrible for morale, but they do not do anything about it, just shout and scream. Most of the staff there have totally lost any enthusiasm, I think on average it takes about a month. This leads to sloppy or lazy performance. The building (Clerkenwell) is a state, the toilets are always filthy, or blocked. No one makes any effort to clean after themselves in the kitchen. The redundancy situation was an absolute shambles, and probably illegal. They, the management and HR basically try to get away with paying you as little as possible, you really need to keep your wits about you. As for pay, the whole 6 years I was there I didn't have one review, and therefore not one pay rise. Not even a cost of living rise. I was told I should ask, but I felt I would just get laughed at. There is a constant turn over as one by one staff leave because they have had enough.

Advice to Management

There's no point saying anything to them, it won't change.

Manipulative Cliquey Brit Boys Club

Former Employee - Middle Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Middle Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Tag Worldwide

Pros

Tag is an impressive company going from start up to worldwide enterprise to being acquired in a relatively short amount of time, in a competitive business environment. They have the business network and systems and reach to make them good at what they do and to make them a big player.

Cons

I was hired in a Senior Level Client Manager position.
    Upper management was non-existent.
    Middle management was a tight group of brit boys and pals who managed very little and just kept things on track with very little change in status quo.
    The heavy lifting was done by younger employees, underpaid, undervalued and under appreciated.
    I would not recommend Tag.

11. It's great

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It feels great and it makes you feel at the core of business. Compensation is ok, people are great.

Cons

Perhaps working on the company culture to make it more creative would be great.