Takata

Takata Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Takata President Shigehisa Takada

Shigehisa Takada

its a different experience compared to other companies.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chennai

Prosstress free environment,friendly colleagues, easy exchange of knowledge,lot of new experiences to learn,cultural diversity,extra co-curricular activities.

Consgender inequality,management is not easy to approach.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat everyone equal and not based on their gender,more scope of growth but management hinders them.

Good Potential, But Tentative Approach

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pontiac, MI (US)

ProsInteresting challenges related to automotive safety electronics. Smaller company feel, with the financial backing of larger company. Good people. Potential to achieve a lot. Good place to learn best practices in the automotive electronics industry.

ConsCompany is trying to compete with well established automotive electronics companies (TRW, Bosch) in advanced driver assistance safety systems. Not always willing to put the resources into a project to be able to compete. Has had a series of layoffs over the past 10 years during times when they should have been investing for the future. Limited opportunity for advancement because of minimal success and essentially flat to negative growth.

technician

Technician (Former Employee) Moses Lake, WA (US)

Prosbenefits, interesting to learn manufacturing

Consmanagement is overworked and act like irritable, blaming idiots some times. Well everyone is over worked and undercompensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time off and enjoy life, it doesn't last long.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work environment for 21 Years

Production Worker (Former Employee) Aschaffenburg (Germany)

Prosnice Co-workers and Supervisors, good Pay

Consmeeting the standards of the company but once you get trained right then you can do it

It's mediocre at best.

Product Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI (US)

ProsIf you'd like an engineering position that doesn't require much engineering background this is the job for you.
    If you're bad at math equations this is the job for you, I haven't had to use a single one from college yet.
    Relatively straight forward job.

ConsPoor support from upper management, after having skip level meetings nothing came of it.
    Not enough designer support, releasing changes sometimes takes months.
    Poor communication between engineering, the plants, program management, and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide better support for the engineers. Not being able to make changes, receive parts, or communicate between groups makes working very difficult.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of experience the products are safety related so the specifications requirements and responsibilities are very high. The company has a lots of different customers so there a lot to learn.

ConsSlow growth i have been in the company for 8 years and i have seen a lot of good hard working people to stay the same or have a slow growth due to management

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focused on the employees

Fun if you enjoy the "chaos and heroes" environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Farmington Hills, MI (US)

ProsProvide whatever resources are required to get the job done

ConsOld school development environment can tiring unless you thrive

Advice to Senior ManagementEase off on treating employees as slackers
    Institutionalize 21st century processes

Interesting line of work.

ProsI've learned a lot through on the job training and being willing to make a mistake and learn from it.

ConsThere could be more innovation. Pay could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees more. Don't be afraid of innovation, it could actually do the company good to move with the times.

Good Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI (US)

ProsWorking with experienced professionals that are willing to offer insight and knowledge to other employees. Opportunity to expand current job role.

ConsThe company struggles with organizational and global development. Unclear processes or explanations.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive clear explanations and expectations. Show company support for all programs, areas, and products. Follow through.

I miss my old job

Account Manager (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI (US)

ProsGreat boss, great people. I was lucky enough to be in sales, and could basically set my own hours. Very fulfilling to see my product in production, saving lives. I felt I was underpaid because I didn't get commission on top of my salary. I now work somewhere that pays commission, but they don't do anything to help us get more sales!! I miss Takata.

ConsLOTS of work... Biggest supplier of seatbelts in the world, and doing it with 1/3 less people than the nearest competitor. Count on 45-50 hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your Directors to hire more people. I hope this has changed since I left last year, but we couldn't get approval to hire more sales people.

Worked for Takata? Contribute to the Community!