Talecris

www.talecris.com

Talecris Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Talecris – Clayton – “Talecri Biotherapeutics”

Talecris CEO & Chairman Lawrence Stern

Lawrence Stern

Pros
  • Good benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k(in 3 reviews)

• Great people, very professional and passionate about the plasma industry, yet relaxed enough to make long lasting friendships(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • turnover rate was too often due poor management decisions(in 3 reviews)

• Very fast paced, at times the amount of work is overwhelming(in 2 reviews)

High stress with low positive feedback.

Phlebotomist (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsThere was very little positive working conditions here. They had decent benefits and some of the hands on training was good.

ConsThe most challenging part of working here was certainly the high stress negative environment. Many of the donors were rude and would occasionally curse at you. The supervisory staff would constantly push you to go faster while also being accurate and there was never any positive feedback. The pay was abysmal compared to the amount of work and overtime you had to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry incorporating more positive feedback to the employees and perhaps providing better pay.

Set up to fail.

ProsThe people there are nice, both donors and coworkers. The medical and dental plans are reasonable as well. I've gained a lot of phlebotomy experience and information on plasma usage.

ConsI was rushed through training just to make room for more new people in need of trainers. It was a lot to absorb at once and I'm struggling to make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf trainees aren't ready, don't sign them off early. You could be setting them up to fail.

I was a phlebotomist at Talecris.

Phlebotomist (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsGained a lot of experience with venipuncture and monitoring donors for plasmapherisis reactions. Also learned about how plasma is utilized for medical conditions and the process to use it as a medical supply.

ConsThe training was very thorough. Almost too thorough though. I had to read a training manual that was literally 1,000 pages long before I could start venipuncture. I felt like it was a method to weed out the weak that weren't really interested in phlebotomy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run, far and fast unless you enjoy being treated like a disposable product

Registered Nurse/Physician Substitute (Former Employee) Rockford, IL (US)

ProsIt is an income, they will have hours available when tax season is over. And I have to make this 20 words and I can't. That's how awful this place is.

ConsWhen I say you're disposable, you are completely disposable. You get fired when a manager is in a bad mood, otherwise, they "let it slide" so you never know if you actually going to get in trouble. Grifols is the parent company, they have taken away all sense of morale by taking away an employee fund, and incentive to have perfect attendance and no errors. You are expected to work while being completely understaffed and the management does not back the employees. Grifols cut down the amount of vaca time you can earn per time period. This is a multi national company, every quarter they send out a magazine with high gloss cardboard paper nicely bound in both Spanish and English about higher up management that the center level never sees or really cares about. They are making multimillions, they actually SAVED money by acquiring Talecris by cutting out the middle man supplier. The savings ended up in cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack your employees. If a donor talks or yells at an employee, how about defending your employee as opposed to making the donor complacent, just for another donation. We understand more donations, more money, but when physical threats get involved and nothing is done, that becomes a problem.

under staffed always

Plasma Processor (Current Employee) Dayton, OH (US)

ProsThere medical plan is pretty good.

Consunder staffed always but then complain about employees getting overtime

It was some unorganized with top level managers

QA Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsThere were none. except pay that was above industry standard

ConsThe management did not have a clue of how to run a business

Advice to Senior ManagementTHey have all left

Great company to work for.

Project Planning Intern (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsGreat work and life balance, nice working environment

ConsSmall firm with less geographical option

Entirely too many turnovers

Phlebotomist I (Former Employee)

Pros401(k) profit sharing benefits and bonus during holidays

Consturnover rate was too often due poor management decisions

Rewarding

ProsRoom for advancement, tuition reimbursement

ConsDonors are difficult at times, working Saturdays

Good ole boy system so BEWARE!

Donor Processor (Former Employee) Fayetteville, NC (US)

ProsMost but not all donors are nice people.

ConsWorst management display ever! Prime example of what NOT to do in management!Good ole boy system and non-educated people in high paying positions. Flocking from one center to the next! Promoting ignorance and jealousy of you are seen as an educated threat to them. So sad these people are destroying the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of you need to get an education on managerial skills and take the job seriously and not as a social setting!

Worked for Talecris? Contribute to the Community!