Tata Consultancy Services

Tata Consultancy Services Reviews in Toronto, ON

Updated May 04, 2014

Tata Consultancy Services CEO & Managing Director Natarajan Chandrasekaran

Natarajan Chandrasekaran

Pros
  • Great work life balance but to one needs patience to move ahead with carrer in TCS(in 784 reviews)

• Good work culture, not too much stress in work, no working hours pressure(in 427 reviews)

Cons
  • Small con is salary but compare with additonal work life balance it balances(in 184 reviews)

• Very less salary at onsite/offshore compare to other companies(in 170 reviews)

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Salary

Assistant Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood Salary, good environment, professional colleges

ConsMay need to work for extra hours sometime

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advise

A company with aggressive leadership, a company for go-getters

Program Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsA wide range of offerings for customers & employees. A good value for the investors. The company is not only on the growth track, but also has been constantly realigning its business model to the market needs.

ConsBeing a large company, you need to create your own visibility otherwise you will easily get lost in this world......................

Company for go getters

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLots of opportunity if you are able to build the right contacts. .
    Possibilities to gain cross functional and multi technology experience

ConsNot much appreciation of work. You will have to demand it. Very manager oriented and at times your manager may completely overshadow your effort

Advice to Senior ManagementEnact the processes and enforce them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice to Work

Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLong term Job Security, Timely Promotion, Timely Pay, Pay does not depends on client

ConsComparatively Lower Pay, No Bonus, Orthodox Management , Efforts are not recognised

Advice to Senior ManagementBonus should be provided based on individual performance also

Huge company, tough to break the ceiling and not a good paymaster.

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsOpportunity to work across industry verticals and regions.

ConsCompensation, access to senior management, grievance redressal, HR policies, not employee friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time and money on your only asset -- your workforce.

Nice company to travel around the world and go many places while working.

Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLots of onsite opportunities and good onsite salaries too

ConsRMG is not efficient at all - so you have to find your own project if you have any preferences

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the unnecessary internal approval processes and excessive use of email approvals and sending excel forms for everything.

A company that breaks all rules of professionalism.

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood opportunity to meet and work with clients

ConsVery poor supervisors, managers and HR. The company is extremely unethical, unprofessional and manipulative when it comes to billing clients, paying their employees and preparing T4s for the employees. They follow a lot of name-sake processes which allows employees to address their concerns but the concerns and issues raised by the employees are never looked into. Appreciations in this company are never meant for the employees who worked on the task but for the employees towards whom the manager is biased.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing a huge company does not mean you should be biased towards the higher management. The employees who bring in business should be appreciated and rewarded accordingly. Be honest!

Flexible company but average paymaster

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsStrong leadership with good technical foundation. Large organization with multiple opportunities of work. Flexible towards locations across the globe. Operating units have made company more flexible and agile with higher number of management roles.

ConsWeaker in HR policies with limited authority with HR. Business lines drive the culture, employee satisfaction etc. Sometimes people have no where to go in case of conflict. Average paymaster in all areas or skills. Therefore, faces high attrition rates.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome a global company instead of Indian company operating globally

Good Company to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLearning Experience and good for freshers

ConsLong work hours but worth it.Helps one learn more

Advice to Senior ManagementNo concerns

Waste Company

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsNothing Positive I found about the Company

ConsWorst People in Management Positions

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat your Employees like slaves.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!