Tavistock Restaurants

Bryan Lockwood

Bussing at the Coach Grill

Busser (Current Employee)
Wayland, MA (US)

I have been working at Tavistock Restaurants part-time for more than a year

Prosgood pay for part time

Consstaff changes a lot, not much connection with management, a lot of work, training

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more in touch with employees

Boys Club

Tavistock Shift Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants full-time for more than a year

ProsThe environment in the restaurant was usually upbeat and exciting; diversity of staff; no two days were alike

ConsLack of value placed in long-term employees; promotional opportunities are very limited, especially for women in this organization

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a little more value on the people in the trenches. In our unit, people who run the daily operations seem to be ignored until there's a problem. Sometimes feels like middle school with the "us versus them" mentality between Corporate and the rest of the company. You have a great product but you also have to keep your people happy and interested in promoting it.

napa valley grille los angeles server job

Server (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Prosdecent money at night, for a corporation they were pretty nice. Food is really good

Consworking a lunch shift is fast paced and stressful with very little money and you have to pay for parking. intense server training.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice to the lunch servers, they are making very little money for the work and training that is involved. Don't give pop quizes.

The Worst Restaurant Company

I have been working at Tavistock Restaurants

ProsFood, location, tips. However, the few pros are far outweighed by the numerous cons of this company.

ConsAll the bad reviews for this company are all accurate. Tavistock is the worst restaurant company. It is so incredibly behind its competition. The standards that have been commonplace at other restaurants for decades are not practiced here. It is the lowest employee morale and everyone wants to quit. Some of the many reasons why:

— No growth opportunities, no raises, and no promotions.

— Tyrannical management style. Employees are yelled at and harassed daily.

— Management not properly trained in dealing with people, employees and customers.

— Payroll checks regularly shorted; employees have to fight for pay for hours already worked.

— Two weeks notice not honored; those who quit told to leave immediately without pay.

— No work-life balance. They want you to be married to your job and are blatantly hostile to employees with families.

— Excessively high turnover rate. They are constantly advertising for new employees at every level. Positions are unfilled for months so skeleton crews have to do the work of 2 or 3 people with no bump in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the times and do some research about what every other restaurant company is doing today to retain employees and comply with current labor laws. You need serious updating and overhauling of your systems and upper management training. The word is out about your company and the quality people you need will not even consider you as a serious employment option.

Horrendous Work Culture

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants

Pros-Location was convenient for commute
-Fantastic Manager

Cons-Company does not care about its employees/ no respect for the work that is done
-Minimal benefits
-Company culture is equivalent to a jail without food or outdoor time.
-No room to grow/advance
-Everyone lives in fear of upper management
-Very politically driven and intense office politics

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees the respect they deserve. Actually invest in them and be thankful for the job they are doing. Change is a good thing and its time to let go of the old ways and embrace new ideas. New ideas like: regular catered lunches, gym memberships, team activities, off-site volunteer events. Happy employees do better work.

The worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants full-time for more than a year

ProsNothing positive about the company; as a result, they deserve zero star

ConsThe CEO's attitude is "I give you a job. If you don't like it, that's the door." The benefits SUCKS. Long hours with no compensation. Has the highest turnover rate ever in the history of corporate America as long as I'm concern.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet trained and learn how to appreciate your employees

No Opportunity For Growth

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants full-time

ProsYou get to work with really nice non-mgmt staff

ConsTerrible senior mgmt. long hours, no overtime pay. no one can go home before 7:00 p.m. in corp. office.

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about good people than dollars, maybe people will stay and your company might grow.

Supervise food prep staff, and delegate tasks as needed.

Kitchen Manager (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants

ProsNo dress Code, great music

ConsTerrible senior management, unappreciated lower staff members

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better qualified leaders, who will grow the company

If you like to work in the 70's .. come work here

I have been working at Tavistock Restaurants

ProsPeople are nice and try to be helpful.

ConsBad benefits, small salaries, old school mentality, no clear paths for promotion or advancement. They hold on to ineffective people due to loyalty. There is a do minimum possible mentality. Everyone is frustrated and upset all the time the environment is extremely negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire smarter and younger people to change the mentality and corporate environment. Until you can wear jeans on Fridays, have some fun and room for advancement you will never get A players. Smart people work with smart people ...

Worked for Tavistock Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tavistock Restaurants reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Tavistock Restaurants CEO Bryan Lockwood. All 9 reviews are posted anonymously by Tavistock Restaurants employees.