Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros
  • Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management(in 9 reviews)

• Lack of appreciation and work life balance(in 4 reviews)

Decent place to start a career

Pros- Good company to gain some experience

- Employees get to enjoy a certain level of autonomy

- Work environment is usually on the relaxed side

Cons- Salaries are on the low end, which is the main reason turnover is so high

- Training is major issue since they don't really have any training programs, everything is pretty much learn as you go

- Many individuals in upper management positions are incompetent and/or unaccountable

- Subcontracting actually decreases employee morale and leads to decreased employee performance

- Company does not seem to value or respect formal education as much as they should

- They promote based on seniority instead of skills, ability or education

Advice to Senior ManagementCorrect some of the Cons mentioned above and all parties involved will benefit at the end.

Great company overall

Director (Former Employee)

ProsVery good learning, well paid, many opportunities of international experience, in some countries, its strong presence helps to conduct large business

ConsAs a big company, too many politics, that contributes to loss of opportunities, and put a lot of pressure on procurement of services

Advice to Senior ManagementDecentralize

High Highs and Low Lows

Account Manager (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsFlexible working is a real pro to Tef, but in fairness if they didn't have it you wouldn't get a desk and certainly not a parking space at the HQ. The culture is good as are in general the people i have worked with. The overall package is pretty good, but they are not the highest payers.

ConsSeemingly inept senior leadership that have been in post too long do not appear to have a firm grasp on the future of the company. They appear very nepotistic in appointment of senior roles, do not embrace change or innovation and ultimately seem powerless to steer the company in a clear and focussed path. Middle management are un-empowered and generally spineless to the disarray above. Under/Mis-investment and central Tef milking of the cash cow that was O2 is now revealing cracks in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementArguably some more change at the top is needed, in all my career I have never seen such a fixed board. Whilst constant change is bad, likewise is stagnation. New ideas and initiative is needed top down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shame Really

Sales (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsCool Brand, Great Offices, Very Flexible, Benefits are good, Pension is good.

ConsMismatched / Huge targets not representing assigned accounts
    Pay is average.
    Commission structure includes a 15% Client Sat score, if your part of the company does not hit it, you don't get it. (almost a tax)
    Not a sales culture
    If you don't speak Spanish forget any real high level progression
    Held back by crazy decision from
    The Whole TEF Digital brand is/was Vaporware

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some people that are from outside the company to transform things, stop putting mobile minded people in senior positions.

It is a good company but staying here implies you will freeze your career

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

ProsGood salary range and benefits
    Good work/life balance
    Excellent building and work area

ConsThere's not career path
    There's not interest in up-to-date
    The goals of the company changes constantly
    You could stay doing the same work for years

Systems Administrator and Infrastructure Leader

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Place to Work and to learn, the biggest telecommunications private employer in Venezuela

ConsThere is no chance to move with Telefonica to another countries where company is working, if your are working at Venezuela at operational team.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery body should have a career plan, that would be known by employer an HR.

Great Opportunity

Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

ProsIr is a great Company worldwide thats has a good Enviroment. It is in the Top 3 of Great Place To Work in Venezuela for the past 5 years. Every day you learn a lot about the business. Has excellent benefits and nice people.

ConsAs it is a big company sometimes can be hard to manage changes as it grows. People has too get use to have changes, for their own good.

Lots of potential but ultimately, limited opportunity to make a difference

(Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSome very capable and intelligent people, great work-life balance and opportunities for flexible working.

ConsUnless you are very well connected to senior directors in Spain, opportunities to progress are limited. Constant re-organisations are frustrating, particularly given in some areas there is no appetite for change and no consequences for failure or lack of change. Senior directors essentially sort out their friends above all - there is no due process around giving roles to the most qualified or capable people. Generally there is a big tendency to avoid hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak to people - understand the details and impact at the lower levels before making decisions. Stop rewarding people who don't perform - be brave enough to do things differently.

Good job for start

Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) Prague (Czech Republic)

ProsReasonable salary for beginning.
    Oportunity to learn
    Not super stressful environment.
    Good name of the company
    International
    Overaly good place to start your career, learn basic and move on.

ConsDisorganized
    Constantly changing procedures with miserable documentation
    Remedy based system that had to be downgraded for TEF purposes
    Spanish way of management.. mañana
    Below average salaries e. g. lover management gets same money as agents in orther companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people grow
    Involve employees in your decision..
    Think first

Ok place to work. Salary can be improved

Compliance Officer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsVery effective in the way staff is trained

ConsSalary is not in relation to roll

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more the the team you currently have instead of focusing on external applicants

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!