Terex

Terex Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Terex Chairman and CEO Ron DeFeo

Ron DeFeo

Pros
  • Terex is a reasonable employer that understands a work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• Great people, supportive culture, full of career opportunities(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Unable to integrate into an operating company and do not hold employees and leaders accountable for dismal results(in 3 reviews)

• Business is cyclical and can have extreme ups and downs(in 3 reviews)

Best company I have ever worked for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Westport, CT (US)

ProsRelaxed, humanistic atmosphere, great physical working environment. At Terex, you can make your job your own by coming up with new ideas and processes. Good ideas are always welcome and encouraged.

ConsLean organization, so staffing and budgets are not always available.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain current company culture.

14 Years A Where You Can Make a Difference

ProsAble to add value and make improvements. Friendly co-workers. Products that make an impact on the world.

ConsAlways a lot of work to do. Keeps you busy.

A very international Company producing all kinds of machines

Pros- very interesting products
    - internationality

Cons- not much contact to the international sites
    - sometimes very bureaucratic

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid Firm

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsDiversified portfolio of products. Strong CEO with a focus on customer value.

ConsHolding company history - working to shift to an operating company mentality. There remain economic opportunities for more efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Terex Way is a great philosophy that is strongly embraced through the organization. I would advise senior leadership that they should look hard at their own behavior to assure it is aligned to the Terex Way.

Good company, limited opportunities

ProsRelaxed company with good people around you.
    Change happens quickly so learning must also happen quickly.
    WIll to invest in employees

ConsMarket rate pay seems to be an issue;
    limited opportunities to move up in certain areas.

Missing Terex

ProsGreat Executive Leadership that sees the future of the industry.

ConsGot laid off in 2011 by Terex. Yes, they took care of me; however, I have found that I had to take over two steps back and take a HUGE pay cut. I had to move to another state.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the employees that actually saved you millions while they were there instead of laying the off.

A Global Family

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Redmond, WA (US)

ProsTerex is a family oriented company that consistently strives for improvement in safety, quality and servant leadership. Our culture enables us as a company to provide our customers with high quality products around the world. I am proud to be part of the Terex team.

ConsNeed better choices of food in the cafeteria. Although there are healthy choices for breakfast and lunch, we should look to phase out the foods high in salt and fat.

Advice to Senior ManagementThorough communication is a necessity in creating a culture in which all team members operate by the same standards.

Servant Leadership in Action

Director (Current Employee) Westport, CT (US)

ProsCollegial atmosphere, employees are proud to be part of Terex, politics to a minimum. The CEO is approachable, and pays attention to employee and customer satisfaction. The company promotes and fosters an environment suitable for women with the initiative Women@Terex.
    Special focus on values and doing business ethically. Excellent leadership.

ConsHaving worked in other industries, I find Terex a place to stay for a long time. There is quality of life at Terex.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that the Terex Way, and Ron's leadership style continues to be the big differentiator in the industry for employees, and customers. We can grow and achieve our goals without ever changing our identity and approach to leadership.

Good life/work balance

ProsThe senior management is very supportive

ConsEmployee benefits are so-so / pay is not good.

Terex is a great place to work.

Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) Canton, SD (US)

ProsThe main perk to working for Terex are the benefits. Specifically, great health/vision/dental, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), ESPP match, etc. Additionally, hard work and extra effort are often acknowledged. Terex is a reasonable employer that understands a work/life balance. Salary wise, Terex is offers a competitive pay. When you factor in the benefits, it is probably better than other comparable opportunities.

ConsTerex could do a better job defining career progression. Also, a renewed emphasis on training is needed; both specific to current roles and not specific - to broaden employee capabilities. Terex doesn't offer maturity / paternity paid leave and employees must use vacation time and once that is consumed, unpaid FMLA kicks in.

Worked for Terex? Contribute to the Community!