Terex

www.terex.com

Great working experience. Tons of opportunity to grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company perks, learning development programs, knowledgable managers, team members

Cons

Company needs a better stream line communication in process. Too many people doing the same job - tend to overlap quite a bit.

Focus more on your team members from the bottom up, not the other way around.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Terex (less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work in a small town and small plant which is wonderful.

Cons

HR in the plant I work at treats the employees like they are a nuisance to her. Multiple errors in the new employee set up process, some were intentional.

Dec 03, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Terex Glassdoor page. Your opinion of Terex is important to us and we would like to share your feedback with the appropriate location. If you would like ... More

Average Experience so far

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Pay and benefits are the reason to work here. The work is generally simple and not challenging, but at this time in my life i'm not looking for challenging work. Iw ant good pay and benefits and time with my family. Terex is a good place to work if that's what's important to you. here is room for Growth too, if you work hard and are interested in that kind of thing.

Cons

See above. There isn't a challenge in the work that I do, which can sometimes cause me to be a little disengaged. Also, this is one of the smaller companies in this industry, and it's not always great to be the underdog.

Try to find more ways to compete with the big boys out there. It will make for a stronger future.

Terex - Lack of Leadership

I worked at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and Benefits are comparable with other companies; health plan is really good. Safety environment seems to be consistent with industry standards.

Cons

No ife-work balance. Company has values and provides lip service to them but doesn't followthrough on them. Management is management but no leadership exist. Told "contract employees" their jobs were secure then 2 weeks later lay off over 100; number has grown since then. Employees are encouraged to make quality, safety improvements - however unless management can make it "thier" idea suggestions are ignored.

Be leaders and show loyalty that you ask for to the employees. Organization will only be mediocore as long as the Good Ole Boy Network exist within the company.

Oct 16, 2014Admin

On behalf of Terex, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Servant Leadership is one of our core values at Terex, which means we believe in asking our team members ... More

Great Opportunity

Current Intern - Intern in Westport, CT (US)
    Current Intern - Intern in Westport, CT (US)

I have been working at Terex as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

A very rewarding expereience. Learned a lot about the company and best business practices. Work and projects are relevant to the team's current objectives, never feel as if I am doing "busy-work." Supervisors and management act as supportive mentors and are always there when help is needed. You get to work with an array of team members, not only in Westport but from around the world. From an intern's prosepective, this is an excellent company to get started at.

Cons

Projects can have little to no direction. This can take a while to get used to at first, but it is the most effective way to become a better thinker and team member.

Have more learning and training sessions for the intern group. Possibly one large project that requires input from each intern, due at the end of the internship. Place interns close to their direct supervisors.

Best Place to Work Ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My job at Terex is truly the best job I've ever had. My manager is very supportive, encouraging, and inspiring and a great role model. My fellow team members enjoy working together and helping each other to successfully achieve our team's goals and objectives. I also have the opportunity to work with team members in other departments at my location as well as globally, which has increased my knowledge of the company as a whole. While a formal flex-time policy has not yet been established, I am fortunate to have a manager who understands the importance of work-life balance and a work environment that enables me to meet my family's needs. The opportunities for career growth and personal development at Terex are remarkable and I look forward to being a part of this company for a long, long time to come.

Cons

The economy has certainly taken its toll in the industry in recent years and Terex has not been immune to the changes and challenges. However, I feel that Senior Management has a good grasp of what it takes to turn these challenges into opportunities and is doing its best to find ways to improve the bottom line while maintaining a good, safe working environment for its employees.

Keep up the good work. I like the fact that Senior Management at Terex listens to their team members and is honestly interested in what they think and do. Every two years, the company conducts a Team Member Survey and makes a point of responding to employees' comments and suggestions. They also are working hard to create and maintain a diverse workforce and strive to be respectful of cultural and gender differences. This not only makes employees feel valued, it makes good business sense since happy team members work together better and are more productive. Good progress has been made, but more can be done in this area, particularly within upper management, by increasing the mentoring and career growth opportunities for women and non-majority team members.

Aug 12, 2014Admin

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are glad Terex has made a positive impact on your work experience. We value your opinion and are committed to team member ... More

Good place to work,pay is fine,

Current Employee - Lean Workshop Leader in Baraga, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Lean Workshop Leader in Baraga, MI (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learning environment, great culture, safety is very important, people are listened too

Cons

The plant shut down, huge corporation answers to shareholders, local management was fantastic,

Should have left the plant that set the standard for lean alone

Employee powered company with no support for managers

I worked at Terex

Pros

Great pay - could just show up and do average and be extraordinary

Cons

If you did too much you were frowned on

By giving so much power to your workforce when they aren't even unionized you actually make it harder for your management team to do their positions

Loved Working for Terex

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Westport, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Westport, CT (US)

I worked at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Legal Department
    Good people
    A good corporate environment

Cons

I wished I was not laid off at all during the great recession. I miss being there.

Production Supervisor

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Moses Lake, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Moses Lake, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Steady job, stable company, good culture.

Cons

Hard to move up past Supervisor point

Went pretty quickly but has leveled off