Texas Instruments

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.6 1,110 reviews

Texas Instruments Chairman, President, and CEO Rich Templeton

Rich Templeton

Pros
  • Work life balance is really good, it values the importance of sports in life(in 116 reviews)

• Great people, benefits, work environment -- when far from corporate headquarters in Dallas(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance rarely seems to be in favor of life(in 36 reviews)

• Upper management seems to be reserved for Marketing/Sales folks(in 25 reviews)

1,110 Employee Reviews

one of the best places to work

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsThe kind of learning you get at TI is unparalleled to anywhere else. As long as you are doing the right thing, no one stops you from doing what you would like even in an exploratory fashion. Moreover the kind of respect in general that you get at TI and the culture , even though much degraded from what it was before is still better than most other MNCs in India. Also the opportunity to work beyond India and in a more global leadership role is far more available and acceptable in TI India than in other MNCs in India.

ConsFor very senior experience levels, opportunities are less in India, especially on the business or management side, If you are doing pure technical work, there are far more opportunities. So growth after a point even if you're a star performer, becomes slightly tough.

good

Intern (Former Employee) Bangalore

Prosgood working environment with good infra for project execution and work without too much stress

ConsAs such no major con but my experience was that normally one group dont help or interect with other group

Good place to learn

Pros"Great Work-life balance

Transparent to everyone

Consfor me there is no cons

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful place to work at

Digital Design Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

Pros- Excellent office environment, spacious and well furnished cubicle
    - Good Facilities
    - Can learn a lot from colleagues, can work on state-of-the-art technologies
    - People discuss circuits even in bathrooms and lifts, that is how passionate people here are

Cons- Is on the downfall these days and has been laying off many people, that means no job security
    - Though it has flexible hours, project deadlines force you to work long hours
    - Serious environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould suggest more outings, a more fun environment rather than it being so serious

Good place to start a career

Digital Design Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsGreat people, good work culture, work-life balance, very ethical

ConsClimbing the tech ladder is not that easy

Advice to Senior ManagementPerks: work-life balance. They don't put too much work pressure on employees. Have awesome rejuvenating place like texin where employees can play TT, badminton, tennis, etc.

One of the best places to work

Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsQuality of work was very good. The work that was being done here at bangalore before TI exited the cellular business was truly world class.

Work culture / work-life balance was valued and supported by the management.

One got to work with smart/experienced engineers from all around the world.

ConsThe compensation was below par with TI management trading off its good reputation with lower salary.

Promotions were had to come by for most.

Senior Sales and Marketing Professional

General Manager - Sales (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosgood work environment , rewarding professionals

Consinternal coordination can be better

review based on internship

Prosgood work culture
    good values
    very helping mentors

Conswork hard to climb the technical ladder

Ethical and stable company

Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsCompensation is per industry average, high performers and managers are paid very well
    Benefits are one of the best in semiconductor industry, takes good care of its employees.
    No system of punching/punching out..so flexi-time. Good gym and sports facilities
    Good infrastructure within the office..more or less everything is streamlined.
    Strong focus on ethics..maybe one of the most ethical companies in this industry.
    Very good company to work for if your skill set matches with what the company is looking for!

ConsAlmost everyone is a good performer...promotions are very tough as compared to other companies..too much competition. Career growth will never be great..though salary increments might be good.
    Lot of variation in pay within the same job grade...
    Like most other MNCs, the career opportunities if you are working in US for the same company are better compared to in India.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is responsible to a great extent for some of the reverses the company has seen recently. Lack of clarity on how to position the products in some businesses, too much focus on doing everything with as less number of people as possible..maybe it is good business in short term, but not sustainable over longer period of time....

Good Place to work but..

Software Design Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsSuper work culture, awesome and talented people, Good salaries

ConsFrequent team changes. Frequent changes in management

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing supreme talent because of frequent changes in the organization. As a employer, it's your topmost priority to retain the best talent

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!