The LaSalle Network

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Gimbel

Very nice people who do a good job at making temps feel valued

Contract Temp Employee (Former Employee)
Itasca, IL (US)

I worked at The LaSalle Network as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEveryone I interacted with at this company when I worked for them as a temp was very friendly and helpful. In many ways they treated me as if I was a customer - unlike other temp agencies that act like they are doing you a favor. For example, I did not sign up for direct deposit and Kitty came to my location EVERY WEEK to hand deliver my check. I'd recommend this agency to anyone who's having trouble finding steady work. They placed me with a great company where I am still happily employed today.

ConsThey do offer benefits, but the benefits are pricey and not good. That said, I wouldn't expect a good benefits package from a temp agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue staying true to your culture - it's a differentiator in the marketplace.

Culture Above All Else

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time for less than a year

ProsThe office is nice, and employees are friendly. Many employees are hard working and good at what they do. Those are really the only plus points

ConsThe company values culture more than any other company I have seen. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, they take it a bit too far. Culture and social interaction with other employees is sometimes valued higher than the work that needs to be accomplished, and if you do not fit the culture to a T, that in itself can be grounds for them to let you go. It feels somewhat like the "popular girls" in high school. If you are not just like the popular girls you are out. Compensation is below average. The hours can be long if you do not live in the city (you can expect to get to work at 7:30am and you will leave at 6:00pm at the very earliest). There is equal importance placed on completing heavy workloads and the obligation to socialize and get to know all of your coworkers on a deep level every day (which there often isn't time to do both). It takes a very very specific kind of person to stay at this company

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax on the company culture aspect a little bit

Great People

I worked at The LaSalle Network

ProsThe office culture is great. Youthful environment. Project management team consists of amazing women who are passionate about their jobs. Overall, a great experience.

ConsThere was a high-turnaround of Recruiters. Most are college students or recent grads trying to making a paycheck. The pay was low. There were no opportunities to move up from a Recruiter level considering most of us were only temp-to-hire employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your Recruiters to be considered and feel an active part of the team.

Tremendous growth potential both as a company and on an individual professional level.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA company culture where you can rely on and trust the person sitting next to you. A culture of peers that challenge each other and don't accept anything less than your best effort and expect a positive attitude, but understand when you've got stuff going on outside of your career. A senior management layer that is hands on, nurturing, and approachable. Vacation and compensation are generous, but the onus is on you to produce using the tools that you have available to you (continuing education, training, weekly meetings to discuss issues/successes with management and as a company). There are a lot of performance based incentives and tons of company outings.

ConsI personally do not see any cons with the organization. However, I know from being in the industry for 3 years now that recruiting is not for everyone. Employees who have left or had a bad experience here have complained primarily about long hours, but in my evaluation those are people that expected a 9-5. The fact of the matter is, if you want to punch a clock, there are plenty of places for you to go do that. LaSalle Network is not one of those places. With that being said, we're not killing ourselves 60-90 hours per week. Most employees are in from 7:45 - 6:00 which is not even close to the type of long hours that many other sectors see as a normal aspect of the career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the greatest qualities about life at LaSalle Network is that if I do have any advice for Management, I can walk into their office and give it to them in person. So my only advice here is don't ever let that change.

Love LaSalle!

Marketing & Public Relations (Current Employee)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than a year

ProsLaSalle hires intelligent, hard working and genuinely nice people. I enjoy working with every single one of my colleagues and know that they would go above and beyond for me, both personally and professionally. Senior management is accessible and rewards you for your hard work. They provide opportunities for growth and development and genuinely want you to succeed.

ConsStaffing is a tough industry. To succeed it takes hard work and long hours, and if it's not right for you, it's definitely not right for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the open communciation and continue rewarding employees for their hard work...it keeps us coming back for more!

Cool company, great place to work

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLaSalle was a really cool company--everyone who works there genuinely seemed to LIKE what they do, and really like who they worked with! There were so many positive celebrations, awards, recognitions of employees doing well...they know how to motivate and they actually cared about me as a person, not just as an employee.

I've worked at another company and it was quite the opposite, culture wise. People didn't know their co-workers names, there was no recognition...it was just 8-5, clock in and clock out.

LaSalle is a place where if you put in the effort, you receive results (money, promotions etc.) and I think that's a pretty rare thing these days.

I left because I wanted to get out of recruiting, and more into the HR field. LaSalle helped me find a job!! An employer who helps you find a job when you tell them you are looking to leave for different opportunities? Does that happen!? Because it did to me. I'm very grateful for that...it was a very amicable departure.

ConsThere is no match for 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing--motivating people by acknowledging when someone is working hard, trying to improve etc. Don't get too big where you forget how important that is..it works!

Extremely positive, LaSalle Network has provided me with a lot of growth and professional opportunities.

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEnergetic and enthusiastic company culture. Constant support from direct leadership and management, including an extremely involved CEO. Hands on experience with guidance but room to be independent and the autonomy to make your own decisions to be the best you can be. Work/life integration, LaSalle Network welcomes you like family and gets to know your family and life interests outside of work. LaSalle Network also throws some of the best company parties in the city of Chicago! Competitive compensation, you are rewarded for your work and ability to produce. Internal promotion and growth, I have been promoted and encouraged to take on new challenges and new opportunities.

ConsThe only con would be for those employees who do not want to work hard and for those who prefer to be average. You have to work hard to be good at your job at LaSalle Network and to make it because the entire company is made up of employees who are extremely motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

LaSalle Network is a fast-paced, fun, team environment.

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

ProsGreat training, fun company and people, real team/family feel. 'You get out what you put in' .

ConsWhen it isn't for you, it really is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher up managers should do reviews of the lowest level managers by speaking with those on their team for real feedback. General team employees may have ideas or suggestions that are team-specific or manager specific that they may feel uncomfortable speaking with their direct manager about. Those at the 'top' should not lose their communication with those at the 'bottom'. It also helps improve the 'middle'.

Great place to work!

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

ProsIntelligent and hard working staff: most people here are educated, smart, have an incredible work ethic, and care for/go above and beyond for their peers and coworkers.
Great culture: working hard is rewarded, plus staff feels appreciated (parties, anniversary recognition, training, etc)
Career advancement: relatively clear promotion track
a lot of money to be made: work hard and if you're good at your job, you'll make great money
Managers: many of whom have been in your shoes and all can provide training and development, as well as "outside the box" ideas
Great retention and longevity (espeically for staffing)
Great internal HR: LaSalle's internal HR team will blow you away... friendly, always available, great with employee relations.

ConsNot LaSalle's fault, but staffing is just a roller coaster ride and not for everyone. It takes a tough person with thick skin in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are great - continue and develop the internal promotion track, it's very motivating!

Stay away from Staffing Agencies if possible

Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee)
Downers Grove, IL (US)

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time for less than a year

Prosa job when I needed immediate help

Consno trust, when the assignment was over they challenged unemployment each chance they got.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people and understand that they want to work for the right reasons

Worked for The LaSalle Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The LaSalle Network reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for The LaSalle Network CEO Tom Gimbel. All 23 reviews are posted anonymously by The LaSalle Network employees.