The LaSalle Network

Updated 2 February 2015
Updated 2 February 2015
4.1

Tom Gimbel

Pros
  • LaSalle Network offers an unbelievable culture made up of hard-working and genuine individuals (in 11 reviews)

• Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you (in 4 reviews)

• This is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at LaSalle demands that you have a strong work ethic. You will put in long days, but are able to learn a lot from experienced leaders and mentors. You must be dedicated to putting in 12+ hour days and have passion for what you are working on. The perks are nice and the culture makes for a lot of fun.

Cons

If you are looking for 9-5 job, this isn't for you. You will need to work very hard to keep up.

A Place to Grow

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

LaSalle is an amazing place. The culture is unparalleled to any other organization. The people are kind, hardworking and smart. Management is supportive, helpful and caring. They spend a lot of time and effort in the growth and development of each employee and promote within.

Cons

If you cannot keep up with a fast paced environment or are not interested in working long hours to see results; then LaSalle is not for you. If you are looking for a place to carve out a career and work hard to do so; then you have found the place!

Keep it up!

Feb 09, 2015Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing! We try to invest in our employees, so it's great to hear that is one of the things you like about working at LaSalle!

Incredibly hard work; incredibly rewarding workplace

Current Employee - N/A in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - N/A in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Have never worked someplace with more recognition, support, and reward. If you work hard and give it your all, LSN will absolutely recognize you, promote you, and push you to do more.
    ALSO the majority of the management and executives are women, although the CEO is a man - the office is very family-friendly, flexible to family needs, and very well run.
    People are SMART here. Not only hard-working, driven... but actually SMART.

Managers are chosen based on merit not on tenure, so nobody has a manager who shouldn't be in that position.

Company culture is great - very tight knit culture, very unique. Energy is high every day, and people are excited to come to work EVERY day. People actually care about their work, whether they're running payroll or recruiting for C-Level positions.

Cons

Not much.... the hours are absolutely long, and you won't get a ton of holidays off...be ready for that.
    The company culture is very specific... there are a lot of diverse personalities, but if you don't fit, it's clear.

I honestly don't have much..

Jan 25, 2015Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thank you so much for your feedback and compliments about the work environment. We pride ourselves on rewarding our employees and promoting from within, so it's great to hear those are a few of the ... More

This place is awesome

Current Employee - Data Entry in Arlington Heights, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Arlington Heights, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

They have helped me get employment opportunities in the past and now I work in house at Arlington Heights doing data entry. The staff are all wonderful people and the atmosphere is great too

Cons

Being here is hard work but it all pays off in the end

I'd like to find out about ways to move up in the company and make a little more money and contribute even more as well so if we could talk about that that would be great

Jan 12, 2015Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thank you so much for the compliment and for your help in the Arlington Heights office. Your role is crucial to ensuring our office runs smoothly everyday. Thank you also for expressing interest in ... More

Great Learning Experience, Solid Company

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn the industry and learn to push yourself to work hard and intelligently. Fun atmosphere. They throw great parties for staff and clients. Strong industry reputation.

Cons

Long hours, favoritism. Micromanagement from the highest levels.

None

Hard work!

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

Trips, good environment, helpful co workers.

Cons

Long hours, favoritism, lower industry pay.

Keep up the positive energy in the office!

Great place to learn and jumpstart your career

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at LaSalle gave me a work ethic like no other place could, you put in long days, but you are able to learn so much! Management is super hands on, on a regular day you will see the CEO stroll through the office, and he will give you advice as you are working.
    The CEO is great, management is great, but it's the people that really keep the company moving. People who are dedicated to putting in 12+ hour days, because they love what they do! As many people have read, if you are looking for 9-5 job, this isn't for you; however, if you are a recent graduate looking to gain some of the best hands on experience you can, this IS the place for you! I learned more from this company in a year, then I did in my 4 years of college.

Cons

Long hours can be quite exhausting and mentally draining.
    Suburban offices can feel left out a lot of the time.

Keep doing what you're doing, you've won countless awards and you are repeatedly recognized for the great things the company has accomplished!

Nov 16, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your experience. Ensuring that suburban offices feel included is something we have worked on for years, and we've definitely come a long way...however, do you have any suggestions ... More

Customer Service

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

They have available assignments...the initial phone contact between you and LaSalle usually starts out very friendly.

Cons

The communication from the staff SUCKS!!! THEY DON'T CARE! THEY DON'T RETURN CALLS! THEY DON'T RETURN EMAILS! I FEEL LIKE ONCE THEY INTERVIEWED ME AND SAW THAT MY "NAME" DIDN'T MATCH MY "FACE" THAT TOOK ME OUT OF THE RACE!

Its only common courtesy to return phone calls or respond to emails whether you have an assignment or not for the individual especially when you the Company are the one that reached out to the candidate!

Dec 24, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

I am sorry you had a negative experience with LaSalle and feel our communication was subpar to say the least. We interview hundreds of candidates each week with the goal to communicate with and ... More

The Place to work if you want to surround your self with the top talent in Chicago

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Each person manages their own book of business. You can be creative and autonomous with how you approach your work while also being surrounded by an amazing team of talented colleagues. You have exposure to senior management for continuous training. Everyday you are challenged and the day's go by quickly due to the exciting pace of the work environment. The team bonus approach gives you a monetary incentive to work hard as you are not only accountable to yourself, but to everyone in the organization.

Perks: Free dry cleaning and lunch once a week in our suburban offices, free bagels on Fridays, casual dress on Fridays, awesome parties to celebrate achieving our goals and because we work hard, free beer in the office, Starbucks coffee, incentive trips, philanthropy events

Cons

You get out what you put in. You might find yourself working 50 hours a week, but in the end that added time pays off, not only in the literal sense that you will close more business, but also in that you will find yourself learning/growing professionally. If you expect to a predictable workload and don't want to work more than 40 hours per week, this might not be the job for you

The LaSalle Network Photos