Timberland

Timberland Reviews

Updated 28 November 2014
Updated 28 November 2014
3.3

Timberland Vice President, VF Corporation and Group President, Outdoor & Action Sports Americas Steve Rendle
Steve Rendle

Good, very informative and a lot of technical information

Former Employee - Fashion Consultant in Pune
    Former Employee - Fashion Consultant in Pune

I worked at Timberland full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good, technical, technology, winter wear, new fashion merchandise, accessories, shoes, very nice store layout in India.

Cons

under reliance in India,

Indian market: no marketing done, market potential can improve if marketed well. NO PR done, price bracket too high for the Indian Market. Target audience not justified in India. Targeting premium customer is not the way to go about for timberland. Timberland caters to different social catogeries depending on what intent the product is being purchased for

Overall a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Store Manager in New Delhi
    Former Employee - Store Manager in New Delhi

I worked at Timberland full-time

Pros

Excellent pay package. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Unreal sale targets. Very high expectations from store team.

Purpose driven

Former Employee - Vice President in Stratham, NH (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Stratham, NH (US)

I worked at Timberland full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unique heritage, compassionate culture, quality focus. Timberland has a very talented staff that and is deeply rooted in the community.

Cons

Now a subsidiary of a holding company. Sale of the company has resulted in loss of north star. Business outlook is good but company is now focused on mass market.

Don't loose sight of what made you a trusted brand and employer of choice

Timboo

I have been working at Timberland

Pros

Free Pair of boots when your welcomed to the team. Laid back store mangers really chill place with cool people. Decent pay for seasonal position .

Cons

Crappy Hours if doing seasonal 10 hours a week Even the full time works have multiple jobs. Having to hound people to buy shoes you know nothing about.

Needs A break room Stock room is not ideal for where I want to eat my lunch.

Wonderful crew to work with and many great customers.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Timberland full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Relationship with staff, team environment. Benefits are decent, raises not so much. Great perks at the Holidays for the staff. Good quality product.

Cons

Quotas are difficult to meet at times. Promotions are few in a store, not many higher positions to fill. Company values are decent, changed after the company was bought out, but would be fine for new employees with no comparison. As with any retail position, the Holidays are chaotic.

Think through changes thoroughly and do it once.

Bittersweet

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Specialist in Stratham, NH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Specialist in Stratham, NH (US)

I worked at Timberland full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great product, benefits, awesome co-workers, many great experiences.

Cons

Due to sale of company much downsizing and policy changes that has impacted the overall culture.

Stop looking at the dollar value and look to the value of the employees. The longevity of the employees should prove that they are what made the company what it is today. It was more than the dollars that made us stay for the length of time but the desire to build the brand. We really cared.

Incredible

I worked at Timberland

Pros

Great product, Great people... and many opportunities... Although that was a looong time ago! The brand seems to have maintained the integrity from when Jeffrey Schwartz was leading.

Cons

Salary wasn't great...and there werent great opportunities for adjustments... and there was a LOT of pressure.

Timberland is a wonderful company.

I have been working at Timberland part-time

Pros

Great compensation, benefits, and work-life balance. Timberland is a fantastic company to work for and you can't go wrong.

Cons

The senior leaders are not as good as they were previously. This should be changed from the top down.

Terrible

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)

I worked at Timberland part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff who are easy to get along with on a personal level but not business wise, made some great friends

Cons

After having started a new job i realize how bad of company this is in regards to staff treatment. Managers do not care about staff who are part time only full time workers were treated with respect and consideration, Guilt tripping in regards to taking holidays and made to feel bad for requesting holidays and after a former colleague booked a holiday 3 months in advance he was forced to leave the company as the area manager quoted to him 'if you don't work it, you know where the door is' i found this completely inappropriate and completely unfair as he was a hard worker . . They do not work around other commitments such as college/university having agreed to do so in interviews and would work you into the ground given the opportunity. It was discussed with many different store workers that the area manager was rude, smug and definitely did not have staffs best interests in mind. Overall i would never work for this company again and all staff who i worked with felt the same had they not money commitments and while i worked there 3 people walked out of this job and 6 people quit in the short time i was there and one lady only lasted one day.

To take in to consideration what kind of people you are employing to run your shops as much of what takes place goes against numerous HR Regulations and fair treatment to staff.

Awesome company that values its staff and customers and community

Current Employee - Customer Services
    Current Employee - Customer Services

I have been working at Timberland full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my time at Timberland I have progressed in my career, The people are great and since bought by VF we have more opportunities to grow into other Brands, Although we are being made Redundant as of 2014 the company has offered a great support to the employees

Cons

Changes in systems when we migrated with VF, this bought new challenges and changes within the business

To be open and transparent with everyone

Timberland Photos