Time Warner

Be The First To
Add Photos

Time Warner President, CEO, and Director Jeff Bewkes

Jeff Bewkes

Pros
  • They emphasize work-life balance, I never felt pressured to work longer hours (than necessary) in order to succeed (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, training as well as vacation time (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Also there isn't a lot of room for growth within some of the departments (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management on some teams should not be there (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

About TAS Analytic

Supply Chain (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFast track growth in the company. Challenging work.Friendly atmosphere

ConsLimited scope of work. Growing organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore number of qualified people should be hired that improves the knowledge sharing and inturn improves the quality of work.

A great place to work

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsThe quality of work is very good, just as balanced is the quantity.

ConsThe organization brings onboard some of t he best minds in the industry, which makes work challenging , fun and also very rewarding!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Comments

Company review - Pros & Cons of it - A 360 degree approach

Reporting (Former Employee) Bangalore

Pros- Extremely flexible
    - Understanding management
    - Free lunches
    - Laptop for work
    - Above industry pay hikes
    - Good bonuses

Cons- Relatively new set-up. Will take time to reach full potential
    - More into reporting, less into analytics
    - Less emphasis on L&D

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat going.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat location in NYC, great culture & work/life balance, smart & fun people, great benefits, good opportunity for career advancement

ConsLike most companies, benefits are changing, but still better then most!

Company

ProsLow pay and expectations are excessive

ConsManagement is bad, they do not support their workers

Advice to Senior ManagementStep up and listen like you tell your teams

HIgh Pressure Environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat bonuses, and free services.

ConsThere is such high pressure to sell that many of the reps started to develop less than ethical practices. Some of these practices were encouraged by supervision. Also not enough emphasis on customer satisfaction leads to all host of issues to tech appoints, to customer's accounts being messed up. To me this company is the epitome of what is wrong with the corporate culture today. Greed and short term quarterly gains in stead of long term success and a decent company ethos.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing problems with this company are mostly due to laws that put stockholder profits first. All issues are systemic.

Sweet

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsDiversity. Time Warner is very inclusive and does an excellent job hiring and developing minority talent. The benefits are great, pay is solid. Executive Management is very grounded and that sensibility trickles down throughout lower management and the rest of the company.

ConsCareer growth is stagnant. There is a lot of talk about talent development and promoting from within, yet internal candidates often lose out to externals.

People who work here are lifers, which limits growth opportunities. The lifer mentality also restricts innovation.

Editor/Producer

Editor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat place to work, great health and other benefits

ConsNothing to con about. at this time.

Great experience. They have great resources for career development and HR policies.

Designer (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat benefits, career training, and facilities/office. Stable environment. No need to be worried about the company going out of business. Good, happy co-workers. Good place to have work-life balance.

ConsCan be difficult to understand office politics and how to move up if it's your first corporate job. There were several rounds of lay-offs, but were handled pretty well.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those that work for you that are doing well. Suggest education through HR classes constantly and allow time and culture to have the time for them to take these classes. Helps working with co-workers and understanding bosses and your own situation immensely.

A wonderful place to build a career

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWorking for this major media company is an excellent career move. You collaborate with smart people, and the projects you work on touch millions. Time Warner has worldwide recognition and you actually feel proud of telling people where you work. I felt like I could have worked there my entire career. They emphasize work-life balance, I never felt pressured to work longer hours (than necessary) in order to succeed.

ConsIt's a large company - standing out and making a name for yourself can be a challenge. Bureaucracy and a top heavy management makes it difficult for agile and innovative ideas to move ahead quickly. It's a very safe-place to work, they'd prefer keeping with the status quo rather than taking risks and shifting the company in new uncharted directions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop executives should reach out more often to employees to hear what they have to say (town hall forums). Demonstrate follow-through in performance reviews by rewarding high-achievers.

Worked for Time Warner? Contribute to the Community!