Towers Watson

Towers Watson Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Towers Watson CEO John Haley

John Haley

Pros
  • I like that they focus a lot on employee health and work/ life balance(in 22 reviews)

• Smart professionals, great working environment and work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance (there is none) - Long hours/weekend work(in 40 reviews)

• No work life balance during peak seasons(in 8 reviews)

Corporate Finance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsAllows tele-commuting on a limited basis, Annual Bonuses, good technology. The office space in Arlington is very nice and well maintained. Co-workers are nice, pleasant but there are differences in management styles that are evident and can cause issues between co-workers.

ConsLack of transparency, poor communication. Love the WW culture, not the new TW culture. No or limited promotions, even for hardworking superstars. Many departures of tenured staff due and positions being moved to PA office.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoworkers are intelligent, helpful, and very friendly. Everyone is very hardworking and willing to assist in any way that they can.

ConsDemanding clients and work atmosphere sometimes cause unnecessary stress. You frequently have competing projects that both demand your full attention so good time management skills are key.

Good place to work

Account Director (Current Employee)

Pros-Great, friendly and smart people
    -Opportunity for continuous learning
    -Supportive leadership

Cons-Culture trends towards risk averse
    -Things take longer to change/accomplish than often necessary

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the open door policy and outreach to associates of all levels.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The people and nice and supportive.

Intern (Former Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsReally great smart and caring people. There is a great work-life balance.

ConsEveryone is so busy with their own stuff there is not a lot of mentorship. People are also not considerate about your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Investment Line of business

Junior Investment Consultant (Current Employee) Rome (Italy)

ProsThere's lots of learning and a friendly working environment.

ConsIn italy not well developed

Good place to work

Consulting Actuary (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsSalary is fair. Lots of interesting work

ConsLonger hours can be expected

An astute professional with 5 years of experience in Food & Beverage Department in Hotel Industry with Msc Hotel Mgt.

Communication & Change Management Analyst (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsFor Knowledge, Flagship Company, Carrier, Salary, For my Prestige.

ConsTo increase the shareholder value and maximize profit by improving the operational efficiencies and Maximum utilization for the available resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to improve because Changes & improvement will not stop anywhere. So all over the world even all small towns also need to know about our Organisations. We need to work Smart & Hard.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDedicated to give interns wide exposure to different areas of the practice.

ConsSame as any other consulting firms, billable hours seem to be a tricky thing but it did not affect interns much.

very rewarding experience

Data Analyst Internship (Current Employee) Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

ProsI really learn a lot through the internship experience. no only with the data analysis but also get involved in different projects.

ConsMaybe the work is a little challenging at the beginning but it is worth it. I really like the experience and helps me a lot!

A wild ride

ProsThere is a lot to be proud of in TW. There is truly an intense focus on doing what's best for clients and there is a lot of opportunity to grow for people who are very bright and self-motivated.

ConsWe have gotten very big and it can be difficult to stay connected with colleagues. Account Directors have so many different services to understand they can sometimes oversimplify our offerings to clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on what associates really care about - the opportunity to do great work and have an impact on clients

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!