TowneBank

TowneBank Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

TowneBank Chairman and CEO G. Robert Aston Jr.

G. Robert Aston Jr.

Towne excels at taking care of community, members and executives; less care is demonstrated to rank and file employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany brand is widely recognized as an elite industry leader which provides clout and respectability. Benefits such as paid vacation, medical and 401-k are generous, though the "family" atmosphere has diminished as the company has grown.

ConsLimited opportunity for advancement; limited access to senior management . The Company's rapid growth and appetite for buying related companies over a short time period has resulted in stagnant pay for employees in the low and middle positions. Senior Management salaries continue to increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle and upper management needs to reconnect with employees on the front line. Excessive emphasis on growth and the shift to a highly competitive sales environment have diminished the level of service Towne's reputation was founded upon.

Fast paced environment but fun!

Loan Processor (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsGreat company to work for and awesome benefits. Everyone was great to work with and management really knows how to treat their employees right! Learned a lot of valuable things while working for TowneBank that will help me succeed even further in life.

ConsAn ever changing environment, but hey, that's the mortgage industry!

A great experience with a company that loves to treat its' employees well!

Internship Program (Former Employee) Newport News, VA (US)

Pros-The company takes great pride in making their employees happy.
    -Customer service goes above and beyond any other company of its' kind, therefore it is a joy to work there.
    -The company operates like a family, also calling their customers "members".

Cons-I wish there were more openings with the company!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job, but unhappy at work.

Administrative Officer (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA (US)

ProsGreat community recognition and everyone loves to love TowneBank. Good benefits.

ConsLack to teamwork and lots of small circles that are hard to enter.

Advice to Senior Managementempower the staff to evaluate and ask questions about processes.

Worked for TowneBank? Contribute to the Community!