Tradesmen International

Updated 26 February 2015
Updated 26 February 2015
2.6

Joseph Wesley

Pros
  • Quick advancement and opportunities to make good money (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay after you build a territory (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is little to no work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• No work life balance, pay is below industry average, will tell you what they think you want to hear to keep you (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

" A Family Affair "

Current Employee - Plumber/Pipe - Fitter in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Plumber/Pipe - Fitter in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time

Pros

They pay very well, again when there's work. I'm fairly new with them so for now I don't know how their time off policy works?

Cons

Having available and steady work for myself in particular. Promotions and or compensation has never been a problem. As a matter of fact, the company has a promotion going that if we refer someone and it works out the company will give a monetary reward?

When talking to and negotiating with potential clients, try and sell the skill set of apprentices more for current and future projects. These workers need the opportunity to prove their worth and by doing so will be the future journeymen of tomorrow?

Good to work for!

Current Employee - Electrician in McMinnville, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Electrician in McMinnville, OR (US)

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

The office I work with has good professional people and they work hard to keep me busy.

Cons

This is a temporary agency, so there are times when you have time off between jobs.

Field Representative

Current Employee - Field Representative in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Field Representative in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Laid back office crew. Could be fun at times, good money can be made if your clients pay on time. Good place to get into sales if you have never done it before.

Cons

Management needs to step up their game and really see whats going on and actually working with reps to help them become successful. Managers should be required to be in the field so they can see whats going on first hand. Recruiters are not very concerned with your open orders and are more concerned with bigger or larger bill rate orders. You have to collect payment from the clients within 30 days or they will dock your commissions. You are selljng for the most part the construction workers that cant or are to lazy to find jobs of their own and don't always work out on site or they don't show up resulting in the client not using anymore.

Actually attend your big meetings with big clients. Lower your bill rates to be competitive with the competition. Know what your managers are actually doing because most half a $$ it and provide no support and kill sales by driving office moral down.

Project Coordinator

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I worked at Tradesmen International

Pros

Could be a fun environment to work in if better management were in place. Some offices seem to be better since they have better leaders in place. I would have loved the work if I were compensated better and had better leadership.

Cons

Low pay for the hours that you are asked to put in. High turn over within the whole company. My office didn't really care about the field employees. Sexual Harassing environment seems to be fine with upper management. Not enough work for the field employees. They say they are entitled to benefits, but if they do not have enough work hours, they are not eligible.

Better follow up with employees on how local managers are treating their employees. Better Management should be in place throughout.

To much work, to little pay for what you actually do

Current Employee - Field Representative Or Sales Representative in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom of schedule, not sitting in an office all day

Cons

Salesforce requirements, having to track down payments, workers not showing up after you secured client and the sale driving miles and miles to get told no thanks, you only get commission on the money you collect not on what you actually sell.. After 90 days if they receive payment you still get nothing. Week long training in cleveland ohio and you have to room with a random stranger and really dont learn that much unless that is your gm teaches you little then maybe.

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Great Team environment, great benefits and when you put the time in great money. I worked my tail off my first year and did pretty darn well. Second year I made 100k. If you're a hard worker this company will definitely take care of you.

Cons

Sometimes long hours but what job doesn't have a con?

Thank you for the opportunity!

Perform and Succeed

Current Employee - Tenured Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Tenured Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Sales Management lays out the foundation to becoming successful. Follow the advice and things become easily understood and rewarding

Cons

Marathon. Not a sprint. Need income support for at least 6 months.

Hold true amigos

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Journeyman Carpenter in Bellingham, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Journeyman Carpenter in Bellingham, WA (US)

I have been working at Tradesmen International (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, freedom of schedule, good benefits, work hard to get me my hours.

Cons

Not many if you know what you are doing.

None really

Good Professional Company

Current Employee - Master Electrician in Asheville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Master Electrician in Asheville, NC (US)

I have been working at Tradesmen International part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The management have all been great to work with. Each staff member seem to care about both you and the Company.

Cons

Sometimes there can be gaps of off time between assignments, but their projects can be lengthy.

The safety focus is very good and more on line training should be made available even if we have to chip in some of the cost.