Tradesmen International

Updated 19 November 2014
Updated 19 November 2014
2.1

Joseph Wesley

Pros
  • Quick advancement and opportunities to make good money (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay after you build a territory (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is little to no work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• No cell phone allowance until you meet criteria and keep it for a certain length (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

So So

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to work during the recession

Cons

Sent to some bad, unsafe companies. Pay was disproportionate to skill set

You get what you pay for

Good company

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Good company, in better time it will be a great place to work

Cons

Not big enough pool in area

Be upfront and honest with your employees

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not many, good starting point for resume bullets

Cons

No work life balance, pay is below industry average, will tell you what they think you want to hear to keep you

Sell the company and let someone run it that values their employees

Challenging and Rewarding Job

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging and rewarding. If looking for a great company to work with a grow with its a great company. Management is allowed to create and build the best team.

Cons

If you just want things handed or think that just getting by you should move up Tradesmen International is not for you. Opportunity means work, don't be afraid to work and people do great for the company. Starting pay is low but once the hard work pays off it gets better. Don't expect it to happen over night, that's what I see time after time again.

Management is forward looking and is the industry leader in construction labor support.

Waste of time

Current Employee - HVAC in DFW, TX (US)
    Current Employee - HVAC in DFW, TX (US)

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a temp agency. I have been working for tradesmen almost 3 months and still have not put in a 40 hour work week. In my interview they told me that it was not a temp agency and that i would have no problem working full time. Hindsight is 20 20.
    If you are looking for a full time job need not apply. If you are looking for temporary work for extra income it is a perfect fit

happy job hunting

Cons

2/3 of the job offers were pulled last minute

Lock down the contract before getting the employees for that job

Sales/Field Reps.... Be Leary of this company!

Former Employee - Field Representative

I worked at Tradesmen International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ok base pay, the benefits are ok, and you will have some great networking opportunities.

Cons

Long hours, on-call all the time with field employees not showing up, etc, You will put a TON of miles/wear and tear on your car (with little compensation for it), No matter how well you perform, its never enough. You will have to do your job, the project coordinators job, and even the admins job at times on top of your own work load and trying to make sales. There is a lack of accurate job description, so you will never know if you've actually done what you should, and will constantly be told you did things wrong or blamed for things, that were not even your fault/job! There is little to no work-life balance.

Help your reps! Be more up front with what the expectations are, and help them to achieve those. Its basically a week of training and throw them into their territory with high expectations, even the best reps can/will fail under these types of standards. And each office should have a list of positions, and what position is accountable for each job... NOT a free for all with lack of communication!

They can kick rocks

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Good pay and allot of work

Cons

Poor management and allot of lies and incorrect information. I was told on my first job that the job paid per diem and when I got my check it wasn't on there(when I finally got my check)I called to ask about itand was told I would not be receiving it because I made a mistake in my app. In my option you get told your making something you get paid it.also ask my checks have been for our five days late. I currently have a complaint with the department of labor. My advice this company will screw you over when they get the chance do not work here.

Can suck it

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Carpenter, Mason, Welder in Lima, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Carpenter, Mason, Welder in Lima, OH (US)

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was subjected to a wide variety of trade work. Although I did not take advantage of the offers, many of the companies I worked for through tradesman gave me job offers with very competitive salaries.

Cons

I really have nothing to say for the cons, everyones experience with this company is different, I had a good one.

As a shipyard contractor employee

Former Employee - Marine Electrician in Bremerton, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Marine Electrician in Bremerton, WA (US)

I worked at Tradesmen International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

base pay is $20/hr plus a "chance" at overtime, "or time and a half". Benefits kick in 3 months.

Cons

Contract, which means that they can let you go at any time....Do the work and they still can let you go. Be weary of the Management, even if you have good intentions, they still can let you go. The benefits are ok, but that is if you can use them before they let you go.

Try reaching out to the Contractors that do the work.

Run, Run, Run

Former Employee - Field Representative

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office staff and co-leagues are nice to work with.

Cons

Base salary is a joke, driving allowance is a joke, must lie and cheat clients to make decent commission.
    You are told to sell the service of providing, "reliable and knowledgeable skilled craftsmen who are the best in the industry," which is a complete lie.
    No work/life balance, you are on call 24/7, and often are dealing with issues involving employees not showing up to work or getting kicked off job sites.
    Although some field workers are great, many are the bottom of the barrel of the skilled trade pool. Tradesmen will hire ANYONE for skilled trade positions, including felons, and do not contact references.
    They require reps to register new clients even when open orders from existing clients go unfilled for months on end, thus burning bridges with new clients from day 1.
    Managers only want to pad the owners pockets. Bill Rates are far above the industry average which makes their services non-profitable for clients.

Stop asking people to lie. Most of your field workers are not reliable, and are not the best in the industry.