Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Travelers Companies Chairman & CEO Jay S. Fishman

Jay S. Fishman

Pros
  • Most (though not all) managers are supportive of the HR line on work/life balance(in 40 reviews)

• Great Benefits / Salary is at upper end for most all adjusting jobs(in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance, although they continually stress that it exists(in 27 reviews)

• Micromanage, no work life balance, ridiculous work load(in 10 reviews)

Operational at Travels very good experience

Operations Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsCan collect good information about all destinations

ConsNeed to assure some best services to the client

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work hard on the Leads

Telephonic Nurse Case Manager at Travelers

Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) Franklin, TN (US)

ProsI thoroughly enjoyed working at Travelers. The salary and opportunities were excellent and the chance to help others was enjoyable.

ConsI really found no cons when I was working there. If you wanted to go for a promotion you were encouraged to do so, The office culture was one of respect of each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to treat employees with respect and remember how their jobs are since most managers worked up through the ranks to get their positions.

Very applicable work and many managers willing to help.

Summer Student (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsMany people willing to help and guide early on.
    Many social activities after work.
    Very nice area in St. Paul

ConsThere is a lot of heads down work during the day where many people are plugged in not really working together so it depends on your work style if you like that independent work or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementFacilitate team oriented work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good experience at Travelers.

Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsVery good benefits; there were opportunities for advancement; good "team" atmosphere; opportunities for professional development; was able to work independently, but management was available for assistance if needed.

ConsThere are limits to salary increases from within, even though higher salaries might be available as an outside hire.

Advice to Senior Managementwork-life balance is important to many; opportunities for work at home should be considered.

Great Experience

ProsAlways had something to work and was given the opportunity to work on some "above intern level" projects.

ConsI have no cons. The company really made you feel like you played an important role in its day to day operations.

Not perfect, but certainly stable environment for a career.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSupportive senior leadership. Well-respected in the community as well as within the insurance industry. Numerous advancement opportunities, especially if you're mobile.

ConsIt's a large public corporation, so at the end of the day, the company need to be run as such. Also, while not super blatant, the corporate politics play a part in enhancing or disrupting employees' opportunity to advance career-wise.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to retain top talent, particularly minorities. Company loses talented minorities usually after failing to promote them when the time is due.

Great experience over many years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTravelers is a very stable company.

ConsIt is a very large organization with many silos

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more personal growth opportunities

FMLDP Intern

FMLDP (Former Employee) Hartford, CT (US)

ProsGreat preparation for a future career.

ConsHartford is a very boring city

Good opportunity

ProsManagement really wants you to take control of your career and pursue the path you want to go on

ConsVery high workload expectations from employees

Competitive Salary & Benefits

Account Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat training programs, internal development programs if you take advantage of them. A solid team environment which is essential for survival.

ConsMicromanaged, very rare to receive raises or bonuses. Unfair reviews that do not reflect real performance. The long-term employees make less than the new hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation should be commiserate with work produced and not based on arbitrary reviews by disgruntled directors.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!