Trinity Industries

www.trin.net

Trinity Industries Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Trinity Industries – Dallas – “Corporate Headquarters”

Trinity Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Timothy R. Wallace

Timothy R. Wallace

Lack of consistent management policies and enforcement

ProsSteady work and steady pay

ConsUnprofessional management showing favoritism and not inforceing company policy.
    Supervisor sits in office all day texting while hi lo driver does his work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Lima Ohio Trinity guardrail plant is the most unprofessional place Ive ever seen.The management is inconsistent at inforceing company policy and only reprimands certain workers.They allow racial and profane remarks.One supervisor there gives financial support to the hi lo driver to do his job on first shift.They need to be investigated! I have contacted Dallac and they do not answer my emails.Please monitor their behavior there as even though new policies are now being put into effect they may only enforce it with certain workers.There is a lot of favoritism there.Please help!!!!!!!

Grew Career - trying to change culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Open with information
    - Very nimble, adapt quickly to changing business conditions
    - Many long term employees

Cons- Employee development and retention was poor - need recognized and trying to be addressed
    - Very cyclical market
    - Very long hours - 6 and 7 day work weeks
    - very old equiment

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude all levels of the organization in incentive programs

The real "Low down on this company" from a former insider

Senior Director - Operations (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Pros1. It depends on the group and your manager, there are really good ones and there are plenty bad ones.
    2. Growth inside the company depends largely on who you know in the top management. Also, the same as far as bonuses and salary raises. Some get BIG money, while many languish with meager salaries.
    3. Company is financially strong/solid and the competition is all small entities in every business they operate in. That makes their businesses very strong and is a good money maker.

Cons1. The CEO "thinks" and advises the managers not to hire the top school graduates or top performers. They focus hiring personnel educated from average or unknown colleges. Also, very rarely you will come across anyone with "great" education. This kind of creates an equal playing field for everyone inside, and does not hurt anyone's ego.
    2. Crappy offices, be it HQ or the plants. Work environment is so-so.
    3. No socializing within most groups. No group lunches etc. Just work and home.
    4. It is mostly "whites", some "hispianics" due to MX operations, very few "other races" in almost all business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis management does not need any advice today, like I said they are money makers. They keep their investors happy. No strong competition so far, but it is bound to happen soon. Got to wait and watch how they respond to it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst

ProsGreat exposure to top brass.

ConsMinimal to no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany employees are getting to or are past retirement age.... you may want to look into nurturing/growing your "younger" employees.

frustrated

Welder (Current Employee)

Proswork with good harding working men and women

Consmanagement wiil not listen to labor this at 1038

Good working culture for Manufacturing/Industrial Engineers

ProsGood people, interesting work, good work culture

ConsSince I am a short-term employee, I haven't experienced any negatives as of now

adequate

Prosallowed employees the ability to work independently

Consmanagement is not willing to listen to new progtentially progressive ideas.

Advice to Senior Managementopen your eyes and ears to new ideas in an old industry that is room for advanced thinking.

Good place to work

ProsTreat employees fairly. work is challenging and rewarding.

Conssometimes poor communication. compensation package could be better.

When Its Good Is Really Good, When It's Bad It's Really Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsI was given the opportunity to move around and learn different aspects of the business and there were plenty of opportunities to dig into the details and learn new things or make improvements.

ConsWhen business gets tough, decisions are made based on who knows you and likes you rather than on who are the best people for the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employee focus...take care of your most valuable assets.

Positive work environment with opportunity to learn and grow.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsDirect interaction with upper management
    Opportunity to be involved with decision making proces

ConsVery "old" environment
    Conservative, business minded company
    Very Formal

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job developing employees

Worked for Trinity Industries? Contribute to the Community!