True Religion Apparel

Updated 4 November 2014
Updated 4 November 2014
2.9

David Conn

Pros
  • Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount, but not much room for growth (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 7 reviews)

• difficult to move up or even learn new skills (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

The team environment made the job easy.

Cons

The distance away from my house.

Decent pay, corporate problems

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

great percent off for clothing. The job is relatively easy since its high end apparel and people who geniunely come to buy clothes dont need to be further convinced

Cons

boring as hell; theres days where we only get about 3 real customers and somedays we even struggle to get 1 sale! Insane...

Every store experience will be different

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay
    Great corporate involvement
    DM very professional with feedback and coaching
    Benefits are good

Cons

Floor set communication from corporate
    Each store is different but my individual experience was with very unprofessional associates and managers. Maybe the interview process needs to be more thorough.

Do not promote someone who is a good seller into management - they may not have the character to be in management just because they can sell. DM should do more thorough investigations when problems begin to occur in a specific store. Observe for themselves, as you never know what people will do and say to get ahead and to hide insecurities.

Sinking ship..... Hoping to jump off with a lifesaver..

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount percentage off is very good, but there is a spending limit every month. Offer medical, dental, and vision benefits and a 401k with 4% matching for full time employees only.

Cons

Was bought out by private investors after the board voted the owner out and decided to sell the company. There's very little opportunity for growth, unless you are in the DM's inner circle of people. They also like to bring in new people from the outside to fill in any management position instead of promoting from within to those who deserve and have earned it. The pay/salary they offer now is a joke. They are running in a very tight payroll where it's only 2/2 coverage for the whole day. So they expect you to use minimal coverage for floor set, selling, etc... They are always taking feed back for product, but at the end of the day they still do what they want. The replenishment system is a joke., I've never worked for a company that requires you to create a product request list on merchandise that have sold in the store to send to corporate. This takes a lot of time away from sales floor, when the company should have a faster replenishing system to replenish their stores. You also get made empty promises by the upper management, and I've seen it in dozens of occasion, and have been in it myself. The registers are extremely slow, it's embarrassing when your ringing up customers. Customers do get frustrated when they should be having a fast closing the sale experience. If you are considering this company, I really suggest you think twice about it. There are more cons that I have not written here. Just for the record I am part of a management team not a sales associate and I know of how many others who want to leave this company.

Value your teams, and store management teams. Really promote from within.. Brake up those inner circles of favoritism., blinds you from seeing the people who are truly working hard to advance. Really listen to feed backs...

Bad investment made by a greedy equity firm

Former Employee - Creative in Vernon, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Creative in Vernon, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

when the original founder was there,it was a fun place to work. good people in general and he kept his employees happy with generous wages and perks.

Cons

Failed restruction. there are no credible ,experienced ,qualified, leaderships from every single dept. the CEO has never done this before,so they had to send him to back to retrain him in a ceo school. poorly misguided by the remaining deadweights and unexperienced management. it all starts from the product and the people in charge of this is very questionable. there should not be a creative director and 2 directors of design to coverup each others flaws ,step up ,if they want to save money ,cut the bait already.

lets face the truth. you guys made a bad investment , if there are any hopes of recovering ,that would be a miracle. the brand has become stale ,out of fashion and it's over. as they say " you can't polish a turd, its still a turd" face the reality and sell it off . you would lose more money trying to keep alive.

Super Friendly and Laid Back

Current Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

We all got along from day one! Usually there's like a warm up period but it's like we've all known each other for years. They are a very detail orientated company. So there aren't any mistakes and if there are, they're very quick about fixing it.

Cons

I don't have any cons. Everything is going well! They work with you on everything and they are very good at being open for you to talk to them.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great supplemental income

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Quality, American-made product
    Amazing, deep discount on product
    Great training program
    Flexibility in schedule
    Base + commission

Cons

Commission, though small, still creates a slightly hostile work environment

Lacking organization from corporate offices

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to fine tune sale techniques with quality product

Cons

Lack of care from managers when It comes to benefits of all employees of the store.

Shifts for non-management are broken up between 4-7 hours at most.

Honesty with employees towards succession planning. I've personally been lied to by store management for over a year about promotion.

review for true religion

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colora, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colora, MD (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discount, but not much room for growth

Cons

Not that much room to grow

none

headquarter departments work in a chaos with the new management. complete disorder and confusion on a daily bases.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

best reason to work here would be friendly people. if you get hire full time, it has a good benefits.

Cons

with confusion and chaos it is very difficult to maintain work flow, too many revisions, a lot of overtime is a must to compensate daily work flow. there are no support from management to help with problems way in which each department share and pass information with each departments.

after massive layoffs, there were no plan B. instead, we were left alone without any support to maintain the work flow with all new employees who needed training and with too many temporary people who are coming and leaving, again, retraining... all these effects work.

True Religion Apparel Photos