UPS

3.3 2,392 reviews

UPS Chairman and CEO D. Scott Davis

D. Scott Davis

(1,097 ratings)

Pros
  • I was unloading trucks for 5 or 6 months before I got promoted to Part-Time Supervisor (in 223 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 212 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 82 reviews)

• I just got hired as a full time driver have to be in a casual drivers for months (in 150 reviews)

More Highlights
2,392 Employee Reviews

It was enriching

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsCulture and brand name is the biggest pros

Conswork life balance is not at par

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the sales people more time on field rather than off-field

Respect to each and everyone...a good place to learn and show professionalism

ProsEquality, opportunities to grow up, promote from within..

ConsOnce you resign, won't be able to come again.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage the team

High Job Satisfaction, impartial & fair office environment, equal employment opportunity employer

Manager-HR (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsTransparency, Extensive communication Channels, Platform to aceess top management.

ConsCentralized Decision making, relatively averse to public media in developing countries.

Advice to Senior ManagementFast track growth is required in Developing nations like India which is considered as opportunity hotspot for UPS. More penetration in Tier II & III cities, more branding, participation in public events, campus presence etc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I drive the browntruck

Full Time Package Car Driver (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe pay and benefits are great when you eventually can get a full-time position. If you enjoy working on your own and can handle pressure, this is a plus. I enjoy meeting the people I deliver to also. I have heard a lot of co-workers who came out of the military compare UPS to that type of a career. It is possible to get an easier job by driving tractors or going into management later on. We get a lot of vacations, over-time, have a pension plan, 401K, company stock discounts, and we get corporate discounts from other companies.

ConsDriving a package car, which is company lingo for the brown delivery truck, is a very physical job that is tough on your body. So you need to be in good shape from a health stand point. The hours are long too, if you have small children you will miss all their activities Monday-Friday. I have an 8:50AM Start Time, I typically clock out at 7:30PM. I live 27 miles away from my work location, this means I leave my driveway about 7:30 in the morning and I get home after 8PM on an average day. The company constantly comes up with new technology to try to increase the amount of work we do, they also know through GPS and other technology what we do all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to hire more employees and decrease the workload a little bit. They also need to improve servicing our customers better.

Good College Job

Part Time Package Handler (Current Employee) Grand Forks, ND (US)

ProsGood environment with nice people, everyone's nice, great job to have while in college, makes you work out which is nice

ConsIf you don't like to be on your feet and busy, this isn't the job for you, it is very fast paced

Great Place to work

UPS Account Executive (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY (US)

ProsClose knit, Great room for promotion, Great people. We're all like a family.

ConsNot easy to relocate, but they make it worth staying.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great

NONE (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsBenefits, cool, great, awesome, 5 star

ConsThere really aren't many cons

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Awesome Job!!

Part Time Package Handler (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Prosgreat pay, awesome benefits, tuition reimbursement

Conshot in the warehouse...no air conditioner

UPS is great company to work for. But you will work.

ProsMoney, benefits, vacation, 401k stock, Weekends off

ConsYou will have to put in your share of hours. but weekends off are great.

Happy UPS driver

Driver (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat benefits, I would recommend to my friends

ConsLong hours and no holidays

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!