USAA

www.usaa.com

USAA Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

USAA President and CEO Joe Robles Jr.

Joe Robles Jr.

Pros
  • Great benefits and the building is equipped with many wonderful employee friendly features(in 137 reviews)

• Work life balance is important to the company(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Call center environment so you're at your desk taking phone calls the entire shift(in 88 reviews)

• There is NO work/life balance as they would like others to believe(in 22 reviews)

USAA is a company that has managed to remain financially stable throughout all obstacles within the economy.

Financial Foundations Specialist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsThe office culture is strict and demanding. Onsite cafeteria, Java, daycare and gym. Personal growth depends on you. Most managers will help you succeed if you are willing to go the extra mile. The benefits are one of the best corporate has to offer

ConsThe office culture is strict and demanding. Training is practical but not realistic. Leadership can be challenging depending on the manager's skills and knowledge.

Great opportunities for hard working individuals!

Member Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsGreat culture, people, perks, salary. You will stay very busy at all times!

ConsUSAA is NOT a one-size-fits-all organization! It takes the right person to work at USAA. I spent 13 years there in various positions and saw many others who floundered and left. Not for those who are looking for an easy job, prime schedule, etc.

Ups and downs, but overall well rounded

ProsMember focused, beneficial for FTE stats, large campus for multiple uses, up to date technology - for the most part

ConsContractors cannot have facility benefits (daycare, gym, company participations), MSRs are not trained well in their processes

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsThe best reason to work for USAA is the many opportunities that one is given to grow, develop, and contribute to the great teamwork environment. The people I work with are very attentive to doing a great job. Also people there are like family. Also the health benefits, gyms, and the outstanding facilities . Also great ethics and values of the company.

ConsIn some cases in order to move up its not what You know that counts but who You know.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk around and see what the employees are doing. Also listen to the calls with the employees in order to get an idea of the types of calls and questions they answer.

I've Never Been Happier!

Software Developer & Integrator III (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsUSAA is the BEST company I have ever worked for. The people are what make this company so great. The work-life balance is good. The benefits are SUPERB! Even better than Microsoft and Google. They believe in and live their mission statement every hour of every day. The work culture is super fun! This company has great core values and plenty of room for promotions. Lots of company activities. Lots of training opportunities.

ConsSome locations have more benefits than others. Also, they have more advancement opportunities than smaller locations. Being in a smaller location sometimes makes us feel isolated from the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing. Employes are happy and it shows.

Great Company All-in-All

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKnows how you give support and still support its members

ConsGood Cons; expect the best out of employees

USAA is a great place to work.

Financial Foundations Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay is fair and the benefits are great. I never knew a company could value their employees as much as USAA does.

ConsHonestly, I can't think of anything negative to say at this time. I'm sure there may be some negatives but I have yet to find them

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great Place to work.

Casualty Claims Examiner (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsGreat pay, excellent benefits, a bonus every year. They take very good care of the employees.

ConsCan be stressful. Can be asked to work overtime; however overtime pay makes it worthwhile.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to try to communicate with employees, particularly customer contact folks.

USAA is the best company in San Antonio to work for.

ProsTake care of their people, great benefits.

ConsLayers of bureaucracy make it difficult to get things done in an efficient manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Rewarding, Great Career Counseling

Marketing Copywriter (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsFantastic managers in the marketing department (when I was there) and plenty of training. Great open-door policy and I felt like I could meet with management one-on-one anytime I needed to.

ConsToo many layers of management so getting projects completed took forever. Not open to a lot of new ideas and you just sort of have to conform.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're hiring creative people, let them be creative. It seemed like jobs in the marketing department would turn over quickly because people were bored or not being properly utilized.

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!