Uber Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014
Updated 27 August 2014

3.3

Travis Kalanick

Pros
  • Meeting great people, making money weekly and getting paid weekly (in 3 reviews)

• Really great work environment and great people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, it's true that the Uber rating system is flawed (in 10 reviews)

• I mean being a bonified taxi driver does have it's cons like being a taxi driver picking up drunk people other than that (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting, Fast-Paced & Full of Opportunities

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Opportunity to build a brand
    2. Global Culture leading to a lot of learning
    3. Best of minds working together

Cons

1. Lots of work but then a start up demands one

Keep innovating & taking the company to the vision.

Incredible company! The world's best job

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Uber for about a month now as a customer service rep. There isn't a lot of info about this new role online, so hopefully this helps! Taking this job was one of the absolute best decisions I have ever made; I get to work from home 100% of the time, I pretty much get to make my own schedule, the work is enjoyable, and management rules!

You can really judge a company pretty heavily on how their leadership team asks, I have experienced nothing but positivity from my manager and from all of the senior people who work for corporate. Work-life balance is incredible. I finally have time to engage in my hobbies and spend time with my family. I am no longer exhausted from my daily commute when I get home! I can see myself with this company for a long time. Other perks include:

-Occasional Uber credits for free rides
    -Uber swag
    -Weekly paychecks/direct deposit!
    -A dream schedule! Wanna work nights? Work nights! Mornings? You've got it.

Cons

The pros certainly outweigh the cons in my opinion, but obviously this role might not be for everyone.
    -Benefits are terrible, mainly because they're through another company.
    -Salary is a bit low and everyone is issued the same rate.
    -No paid time off, paid holidays, or vacations. Again, one downside to being apart of a brand new team.
    -Everything is done remotely from trainings to timesheet. If you aren't tech savvy this is not the job for you.

Keep up the good work! Offer more opportunities for promotion/growth and please get better benefits for us :).

uber partner

Current Employee - Uber Partner  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Partner in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

work on your own schedule

Cons

to many deductible of salary by the company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work but will suck all of your life in!

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Your work really affects the business in your city
    Can be VERY rewarding
    Given a lot of trust and freedom to take action
    Great internal support network
    Very open culture

Cons

Work life balance is absolutely horrendous
    Each city is like a small start up (albeit one which a huge resource backing) so you need to put all of you time in.
    Can be quite stressful

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Driver  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Driver in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work when I want, make over $500 a week with less than 20 hours of work. Great for college students.

Cons

Customers rate you and sometimes rate wrong or unfairly. I wish there was a way to know in advance how many people I am picking up at one time.

Please add a tip option for the Cleveland, OH area

An upstart company that is proven so important to our economy and way of life.

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work when it is most advantageous for you and answer to no one about your schedule.

Cons

You drive your own car and have to keep up with the maintenance and gas which can eat away at your earnings.

Take a little less commission to allow for driver overhead then it will truly be a win-win for everyone.

Driving around town.

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Uber allows for flexibility and independence. Drivers offer great customer service and drive when they want. The requirements of the position are simple. Keep a clean and safe car, know your city and how to get around, be an excellent driver, offer your passengers water, communicate respectfully, use the app, etc. Keep up insurance, vehicle inspections and health inspections. It is fun to meet new people everyday. It's fun learning more about the city and all the cool places to experience.

Cons

Demand for Uber is greatest during the evening hours. Uber keeps adding various fees and adjusting the payment percentages. You can make a lot of money, but it is not consistent from one day to the next. There is no base pay to compensate for the drive time to and from pick up locations. We are supposed to deny tips by saying they are not required. There isn't a process for giving tips through the app.

Don't let expansion distract you from making the experience of working for Uber a great deal in itself. Firm up minimum fees per ride, offer base pay after X many rides, create a tip feature in the app for drivers who earn 5 stars, create more community events and organize more driver meetings. While flexibility is fantastic, it is actually consistency that will keep drivers driving. You want your drivers to say, why would I ever go back to X, I am an Uber Driver!

5 star rating is not fair to drivers

Current Employee - Uber Partner  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Partner in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

Picking own time, service upon requests, best smile.

Cons

5 star rating give a lot of headache to the drivers. Most passengers don't know that drivers have their lives and families behind them. After all give 5 stars to all Uber drivers, so they can keep their job and gain more experiences while they driving for Uber.

Many drivers are worried they will lose their job. Please reconsider about 5 star ratings. Passengers are passengers they don't care about drivers and their families behind them.

Good

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

Make your own schedule and you determine how much you want to make in a week.

Cons

You only have email communication with Uber management and no real office hours to really talk to someone in person.

Have more options for office hours

NY/NJ is the best

I have been working at Uber

Pros

Uber rolled out a navigation application for drivers on its iPhone recently, to and from destination which is GREAT!! Made my life/work so much more easier and efficient. Been driving for Uber x for a few months now and I have to say: NY/NJ is a great place to make $, NJ gas is cheap and I have a 4 cylinder new car, otherwise, you will not cover your over head and will barely break even. (not relating this comment to uber SUV and Black car, its a different ball game). Location you work in is everything in this job. No company in any industry is perfect out there but dont read in too much about negative aspects of Uber's set up; its overly exaggerated. Job as a driver is not easy period, and especially some days you feel like its all a waste of effort on your part, but this is what being a driver is all about: you have to have thick skin and brass balls.

Cons

fare prices could and should be hiked

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!