Uber Reviews

Updated 16 September 2014
Updated 16 September 2014
3.2

Travis Kalanick

Pros
  • Meeting great people, making money weekly and getting paid weekly (in 3 reviews)

• Really great work environment and great people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, it's true that the Uber rating system is flawed (in 10 reviews)

• I mean being a bonified taxi driver does have it's cons like being a taxi driver picking up drunk people other than that (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting, Fast-Paced & Full of Opportunities

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Opportunity to build a brand
    2. Global Culture leading to a lot of learning
    3. Best of minds working together

Cons

1. Lots of work but then a start up demands one

Keep innovating & taking the company to the vision.

One week down, liking this

Current Employee - Uber X Driver  in  West Chester, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Uber X Driver in West Chester, PA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

My schedule. I drive an Uber X. That means I get the calls for a basic car service. I can limit when I work and where I want to work.
    Customers so far have been excellent. No lie. Each one (including a pair to PHL and a group of 5 to home to crash), was polite, some even funny. It's a great way to meet people and a great way for customers to decide whether to interact or just chill and listen on my ANC headphones to their music.

Cons

Scared of ratings. No way to know what went wrong if the ride seemed fine. Getting dinged using stars tells me nothing at all.

Give the drivers some more info. Nothing personal, just tell us, in summary, what the rating was for if a comment was left. I would have no idea how to fix anything if I do not know what IT was that went wrong for the customer.

Better communication. Podcasts and text blasts are all well and good, but let us have some one on one time too. I'd like to meet my employer, can't see that happening.

A very good company to work for

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

You begin making money very quickly, set your own hours, be your own boss, and meet new people every day. The software runs perfectly nearly 99% of the time and the company always has your back through whatever obstacles or issues you come across as a driver. The support team always responds to an issue within 24 hours. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

No benefits package for full time drivers. Where the fvck are my benefits? :P

Drivers who are consistently online at least 40 hours a week inside the perimeter of Atlanta should be eligible for some type of benefits package. Without benefits, Uber doesn't feel like a real job, just something for people in between careers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hypergrowth company maintaing start-up culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hardworking people working on very impactful stuff; still in its early days and the upside is tremendous; new headquarters is very nice and offers typical tech benefits

Cons

Hours are pretty bad which stems from the hardworking nature of management team; small growing pains as the company doesn't have some of the processes and resources required for a more mature company

Reward top performing employees; encourage people to take some time off and unwind/detach when not at work

Incredible company! The world's best job

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Uber for about a month now as a customer service rep. There isn't a lot of info about this new role online, so hopefully this helps! Taking this job was one of the absolute best decisions I have ever made; I get to work from home 100% of the time, I pretty much get to make my own schedule, the work is enjoyable, and management rules!

You can really judge a company pretty heavily on how their leadership team asks, I have experienced nothing but positivity from my manager and from all of the senior people who work for corporate. Work-life balance is incredible. I finally have time to engage in my hobbies and spend time with my family. I am no longer exhausted from my daily commute when I get home! I can see myself with this company for a long time. Other perks include:

-Occasional Uber credits for free rides
    -Uber swag
    -Weekly paychecks/direct deposit!
    -A dream schedule! Wanna work nights? Work nights! Mornings? You've got it.

Cons

The pros certainly outweigh the cons in my opinion, but obviously this role might not be for everyone.
    -Benefits are terrible, mainly because they're through another company.
    -Salary is a bit low and everyone is issued the same rate.
    -No paid time off, paid holidays, or vacations. Again, one downside to being apart of a brand new team.
    -Everything is done remotely from trainings to timesheet. If you aren't tech savvy this is not the job for you.

Keep up the good work! Offer more opportunities for promotion/growth and please get better benefits for us :).

Aggressive, and perhaps misdirected

Former Employee - Recruiting Specialist  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Recruiting Specialist in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Compensation (albeit not great) and a relaxing work atmosphere add up to an attractive package, and there are nice perks like a stocked kitchen.

Cons

Talent development seems to be lacking as a result of young and inexperienced leadership. The internal culture is nascent at best and training is not much of a part of whatever communication structure they are promoting.

Evaluate. Prioritize. Organize. Communicate.
    Uber's purpose in its surrounding economy serves as an illustration of potential for socio-economic mobility, and so it would best serve the market it has attempted to dominate with a motivation other than money. Most people will start with Uber, if they can, but long-lasting success will depend on the pervasiveness of a transparent and informative culture openly embracing a dependency on computer automation.

more charges to work keep coming

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

can work your own schedule

Cons

they just added another charge of $10/week for the uber device, plus their percent

take too much from the drivers, you won't have any.

uber partner

Current Employee - Uber Partner  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Partner in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

work on your own schedule

Cons

to many deductible of salary by the company

Its what you make out of it

Current Employee - Driver  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Driver in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

Own Hours
    Decent Pay
    High Demand

Cons

Correct the Rating Sytsem
    Correct the Pay-Out System

Change your rating service -

You can make money, but you have to pay attention...

Current Employee - Uber Partner  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Partner in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

"Flexibility" is the buzz word. IF you already have a main job, and just want some extra cash then UBER can be a decent opportunity. You have to work the system though. There are several expenses that people don't take into consideration which is why I recommend using UBERX to supplement your income. In a major city like Dallas there are always concerts and other opportunities to take advantage of surge pricing.

Cons

There is a disconnect between partners and the company. Recently they sent out an email giving drivers less than 24 hours notice to turn in their UBER phones to avoid the 10/per week charge. I have friends that drive and well all receive different text blasts and emails. I understand they are trying to stay "lean" and shaping the market as they grow but there are a lot of things that are unclear to new drivers. If you don't pay attention you can actually end up losing money. frequent short trips, and trips way out of surge areas cut on the drivers bottom line. Plus the new "discounted" rates. You can make money, but you need to pay attention.

Instead of focusing on rapid expansion work on getting a solid base. Like many have said, you are going to lose good drivers to your competitors if you don't start showing a little more care/appreciation.

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!