Unisys

Unisys Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Unisys Chairman and CEO Ed Coleman

Ed Coleman

Pros
  • Good work life balance, management supports innovation(in 47 reviews)

• Flexible working Hours ( really flexible) can do Work from Home as well(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation, Senior Management - No people management skills(in 23 reviews)

• Don't waste your time with trying to get into L2 or upper management positions(in 23 reviews)

Business Analyst - Good company to work for if you are looking for stability & peace

Business Excellence Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore

Pros1. Ample Growth Opportunities
    2. Loads of learning opportunities from certifications, online learning, classroom training, external training.
    3. Wonderful colleagues to work with and share space.
    4. Encourages employees who come up with recommendations and Idea's.

ConsBefore writing the con's I would like to point out your experience with the company could vary depending on the department you are with. Considering the department that I worked with.

1. Does not retain experienced employees.
    2. The salary compensation from the past five years is very poor.
    3. Facilities offered to employees are not up to industry standards.
    4. People at the grass root level are not encouraged \ Motivated

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease ensure that people at the grass root level are properly encouraged and motivated and importantly given proper compensation(Salary) as they are the ones who directly interact with the customers.

software engineer

Prosgood salary, environment is friendly...

Conswork life balance is not good

Advice to Senior Managementnot much

The experience in Unisys was good apart from the compensation and benefits part of it. The work culture is good.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsThe work culture is good and explore many new areas.

ConsThe management is not good, and there is no supporting factor involved from any of the managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider employees who deserve to get paid better to be paid better. And do provide them recognition for their hard work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Place to work here.

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsThey are giving good compensation and others benefits

Consnothing else as of now.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing yet.

Now a days in loss

Cons1. Business loss, so per year hike is very less 2-4%
    2. Offices in SJR and PURVA so employee naver know where he needs to go
    3. Organization is running on past reputation only

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to gain your old reputation

Unisys is a Great place to work ! Company is absolute Class !

ProsGood work live balance , decent Pay master , very Stable work environment , and a company with high Ethical values.

ConsNon , very Descent company.

not good for freshers

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

Proswork life balance, friendly environment, good for seniors

Consno scope and no appraisals

Ideal place for Bucketing and lobbying experts

Enterprise Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsMessed up HR and management system- so productivity, quality and other metrics are not in place. So, people who do not want to work can well survive. Traditional management style- all forms of biases are visible. It is a primitive management style that is in place for decades and so any renaissance in policy or functional style is less likey and may backfire - so this style is likely to continue for another decade- no worries for Lazy employees. Policy and ethics are only on papers. Note :These pros are viewed from an angle of a bucketer or lazy employee

ConsFunctions like a Government offices. This firm is not recommended for freshers as you will get molded into this Government style work culture and later find yourself in a difficult position to get out and work in a competitive and professional work environment outside. Internal Job posting (IJP) is rolled out after selecting "known candidates" through backdoor. My understanding is that these issues are prevalent only in India- Unisys foreign branches are still good place to work as they have not diluted ethics and policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdhere and implement policies and ethics that are on paper.

Easy Going! But NO Growth, Direction less Management Or Even Poor Strategy on Business, NOT a good Company for Freshers

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād

Pros1. Promotions and Career Growth's are not good, even there is no proper path defined to achieve Career GOALS.
    2. Poor Managers.. There is Proper definitions and rules.
    3. There is no Work pressure, Its good Company for Experienced Folks, But not for Freshers.

ConsNO Employee Benefits.
    Some Managers are worse.
    More Politics

Advice to Senior Management- Please give Minimum preferences to existing Employees.
    - Give proper Trainings before expecting over night success!!.
    - Sack Poor Managers.

Linguistic bias in Bangalore based Unisys India

Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore

Pros'Equal Opportunity Employer' !!!! .... equality redefined

ConsUnisys India - an 'equal opportunity employer' openly promotes linguistic bias towards Tamil speakers, with most of the TCIS management being of Tamil origin. Onsite assignments, managerial reviews and annual promotions were deeply impacted for people questioning this linguistic discrimination.

To the extent that a US based TCIS VP (of Tamil origin) on a visit to the Bangalore facility asked for a show of hands from the India Dev team on who could converse in Tamil !!!!!!!!

Conference calls with India Dev Team and onsite engineers is often in Tamil, even in the presence of non-Tamil speakers. Requesting relevant folks to take due cognizance and effective remedial action.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Honest. Be Committed. Be unbiased....... truth speaks its own language.

Worked for Unisys? Contribute to the Community!