UnitedHealth Group

Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.8 1,777 reviews

UnitedHealth Group President, CEO, and Director Steve Hemsley

Steve Hemsley

Pros
  • They allow some employees to work from home which is a nice benefit for some (in 231 reviews)

• This company does strive for work/life balance with it's employees (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be hard as people are increasingly asked to do more with less (in 79 reviews)

• This company also does not offer their employees good health insurance (in 77 reviews)

More Highlights
1,777 Employee Reviews

Gives a good work life balance

Pros1. Good salary
    2. Good work life balance
    3. Less work pressure

ConsNeed to get in some fresh talent for a better growth

unnecessary work pressure, you will feel like you are working in MNC

Claims Representative (Former Employee) Noida

ProsTransport is good, till what time don't know cabs are being replaced by buses again more time consuming

ConsOperations leadership is not good on serious note its not a captive its pure BPO still you will hear client and commitment with client that you cant fulfill unnecessary cost cutting

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is not impressive at all, i am not going to refer my friend in UHG

Experience of 1Yr as a Pharma Benefit Analyst in United Health Group

Benefit Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsAn International exposure to work and knowledge working for an MNC

ConsNeed to be attentive all the time as we work on live projects

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing : Its going on a good and compfortable way

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovative Team, Perfect Work Life Balance, Best in Industry Pay, End to End work on All modern day Analytical Tools

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Noida

ProsOpportunity to frame a problem, develop solution for the problem and then implement the solution.
    A few very good managers

ConsHealth industry is new to analytics. New comers may face domain related problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep this going

Optum Global Solutions India. You need to be a pet infront of Senior Managment. Not for self repected person.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsParty... Party and Party; don't know if quarterly budget is RS. 600 for each employee then how come budget will pass more than 1.2 lakh for 100 employee under one DM. This how senior managers make money from organization.

ConsIf You are good with oiling and buttering then obviously this compnay is the dream place for you to work. Managers will promise you something with policies and they will give others good benifits by changeing same policy. This is upto you how to be a good oil man or a butter man.

Worst place ever, where I have been worked for 3 years with lots of promise but outcome is 0 but my common review raiting was always 5 (this the best) for last 3 common review, but they gave promotion whom I taught all technologies and they got only for buttering.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't do fake promise. If senior manager asking promotion and if they not get it they can Resign after suckking lots of money from organization but if Employee ask for promotion they treated that employee as a slave and always disobeyed them in front of all.

Please rectify it for your own benefits. by seening these higher managment people I guess how they speek lies obviously from childhood days they taught their kids also how to speek lies confidently.. Shame to be a parents of inocent Kid.

Bad Work Environment, Only Politics

Team Lead (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsYou can learn dirty politics, leg pulling, divide-and-rule and buttering skill. A company that will master you in these skills.
    You can also learn how to present rusty iron as a gold and how to prove that gold is rusty iron. Beautiful company to master these skills.

ConsYou will forget real work. You will forget your technology. If you are in management you will learn how to behave like a pet. Ideal for some 'special kind' of people. Not recommended for clean and hard working people.
    WFH, Promotion etc is for special people.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. They think they are sent by gods and each and every word and action of theirs is the act of God.

Not a good place for Freshers to grow

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGood ethical values
    Good place for women to work
    Work From Home

ConsVariable Pay
    Poor Growth
    Less Parking
    Poor management
    Notice Period (90days)

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to restructure the management portfolio. Reduce the notice period to 45 days.

My Experience with UnitedHealth Group (Optum Global Solutions)

Claims Associate (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsNice package (but not now), AC Cabs.

ConsThis company recruits maximum contract employees (by consultancy) by saying they would make permanent withing 6 months, but actually to become anybody permanent first the process should get success (out of 10 process maximum 2 get success), and only 20% to 30% employees can become permanent, remaining people have to leave the company in the name of Ramp Down that to Managers select their own candidates (mostly boss around), if anybody questions it he/she will get Terminated and he/she will not be able to apply UHG, there is no guarantee when they fire employee it can be happen at any time (even 2 months, 3 months), they do not teach basics about HealthCare industry, no induction, when they leave company they have to join as a freshers in other companies, if you give complaint against your reporting manager you will get Terminated when you are not at office (complete politics), management is always busy on thinking about their bonus, they never look at employees concerns, HRs, Employee Relationship Managers, Ethics department all support the people who have power (only power wins), they never recognize hard working, sincere, talented. These company does not follow any Ethics or Values.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least treat Employees as Humans

ok

Claims Associate Representative (Current Employee) Noida

Prossalary, transport & I can't think of anything else right now.

Consunnecessary work pressure, some managers do make false commitments to the employees so that they can make them work extra hours.

Advice to Senior Managementtry to mark the managers making false commitments. It really makes a -ve impact on employees.

Not a good place for talented people

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Proswork from home, work life balance

Consvery less talented people in this company, 3 months notice period, management worst

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!