Verengo Solar
www.verengosolar.com Torrance, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Verengo Solar Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Randy Bishop

Pros:
  • "Growth Opportunities - Very Fast growing industry puts employees ahead of the curve for future job growth sectors in U"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Verengo Solar is a POWERFUL GROWING COMPANY AND I AM PROUD TO BE AN EMPLOYEE"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Fairly new to the company but overall no cons comes to mind, great team"
    in 5 reviews
  • "If you don't like change, or constant improvement, or fast paced companies that you can be (and become) a great leader in - then Verengo is NOT for you"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Energetic Environment

Field Recruiter (Current Employee)
Torrance, CA (US)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsWhen you enter inside the office you would feel the difference yourself with alot of positive energy and work ethic in the air which would make you feel to give your more then 100%. Its really fun to work with Verengo Solar.

ConsI didnt come across any kind of cons yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to work!

Finance (Current Employee)
Torrance, CA (US)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsVerengo employs extremely talented individuals, who really live the company values, which are Trust, Responsibility, Uncompromising, Smart, Team, Enthusiastic & Dynamic ("TRUSTED"). I'm very proud to be part of a company that is focused on making a positive difference.

ConsThere's never a dull day at Verengo! With such rapid growth, one must be ok with changing priorities and demands, which is good news for folks that thrive in such circumstances.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with your on-going commitment to process and system improvements that will sustain and promote the growth that created the company we are today.

Most Helpful Team of People I Have Worked With!

Lead Gen Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is the most proactive company I have worked for. They constantly challenge us with growth and opportunity, and reward for a job well done! Great vision and leadership. I will be here until I retire!

ConsWe are going to need more space as we grow!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch the health care environment closely to make sure with 1000 employees you are getting the best rates for your employees! Also, keep working on the 401k match!

My experience with verengo has been that it is the greatest place on earth to work. It is in growth mode and it is fun.

TSR (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe ability to be flexible with scheduling and that hours can be made up when missed. There is constant opportunity for upward mobility. Because of our constant growth management positions open up all the time. You have the ability to make as much money as you want with unlimited commissions, We are treated as one big family.

ConsThe toughest part is not having a permanent schedule the schedule can change every three weeks and policy changes are sometimes tough to keep up with. And the fact that commission structure changes so frequently it seems if we do to well as a group management feels we are making too much money and will change commission structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would try working on communication of changes on a more universal level rather than individuals.
Sometimes even management is not exactly on current policies after back and forth changes

Outstanding Experience - Love the Growth at the Call Center

Loyal Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsI love our call center culture. If you're looking for a great call center culture and experience. You can get it here. Leadership listens to you

ConsLots of change but no need to fear it

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's keep growing and putting solar on roofs

Solariffic!!!!

Started As TSR Ended In Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company with integrity, values and direction.....Can't miss getting in on the first wave of solar.

ConsBathroom congestion....and better breakroom would be nice...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving on and up.....

Great place to work!!

Dispatcher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVerengo is like a family in the truest sense. We are all treated with respect and cared for just like a family would.

ConsTechnology is a bit behind of where we need to be, but we are making strides!

Definitely a Team Environment with Great Advancement Opportunities!

Dispatch Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsVerengo actually listens to their employees and welcomes new ideas. Encourages advancement and often rewards their employees.

ConsOdd work hours take time getting used to if you like bankers' hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far so good!

I love Verengo Solar , this is my family away from family. #1 BEST PLACE TO WORK

TSR (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsFun place , no stress work place . Everyone is treated equally and with lots of respect . Verengo Solar will help you to grow and become very successful

ConsHonestly , I wish that I could like of a CON but I can't

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing with Helping us grow

Absolutely an exciting and fantastic place to work.

TSR - Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company works with all employees to accommodate everyone's needs. The work environment is a fun, yet competitive atmosphere. Great benefits with definite career growth potential.

ConsWorking in the sales department - you have your good and your bad weeks, but that's any sales job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more consistent communication whenever changes are about to be made, especially when dealing with internal and external departments. If any major changes are going to be rolled out, ample notice prior to the launch would be great so that everyone is prepared to handle what may come to them. Otherwise, I have seen a lot of progress during my time with the company which is always great to see.

Worked for Verengo Solar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verengo Solar reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Verengo Solar CEO Randy Bishop. All 88 reviews are posted anonymously by Verengo Solar employees.