Verengo Solar
www.verengosolar.com Torrance, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Verengo Solar Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Randy Bishop

Pros:
  • "Growth Opportunities - Very Fast growing industry puts employees ahead of the curve for future job growth sectors in U"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Verengo Solar is a POWERFUL GROWING COMPANY AND I AM PROUD TO BE AN EMPLOYEE"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Fairly new to the company but overall no cons comes to mind, great team"
    in 5 reviews
  • "If you don't like change, or constant improvement, or fast paced companies that you can be (and become) a great leader in - then Verengo is NOT for you"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Love Solar!

Canvasser (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsMy job as a Canvasser is a lot of fun! I get to meet lots of interesting people and help get them excited about solar. I have great freedom and flexibility with schedule. Make good money.

ConsIn my job in Canvass - the hours don't work for everyone. Need to be willing to work late afternoons/evenings and weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep expanding into new markets

Cool & Vibrant Green Company to work for

Director, Sourcing & Logistics (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsLeadership is top notched & inclusive. Co-workers are talented and working well together. Most importantly, this is a green company which makes me feel good everything. We are making the environment better for us and others.

ConsThis is not a con but an observation. It is a fast growing company due to the solar demand in the market. With that, decision making process is quick and should be well thought out with the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR has a great training program for all. The only missing piece is mentoring program.

A working environment filled with challenges and rewards.

Web Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsIt has been a great learning experience working at Verengo Solar as the company doubles in size in my 2+ years here. The managers here challenges you but do not micromanage.

ConsAs the company grows, we are starting to see more benefits offered to employees.

Your not an employee your family

Telesales Representative (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsThe environment here at verengo is unmatched. Everyone is quite welcoming and helpful. Across the board completely from phone sales to upper management. You can feel the difference when you walk in the door. Everyone is hungry for success here and Verengo gives you all the tools and more to do so. Best career move i could have ever made.

ConsThe only Con is if your currently not an employee of Verengo Solar. HANDS DOWN the best company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work your employees are thriving in success.

Great Culture

I have been working at Verengo Solar for more than a year

ProsThis company cares about its people. A lot is expected but the rewards are always fair. Even the CEO knows so many of the employees by name and really seems to care about them. It feels like the customer comes first.

ConsIn a new industry things are always changing which is exciting, but sometimes it makes it hard to make progress. In fairness, most of the change is driven by outside forces. I think the company handles it pretty well, all-in-all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove Friday Fun Day to Thursday since many people work from home on Friday.

Great Place to work

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time

ProsGreat environment, amazing team work, everybody is so friendly and helpful, very dynamic company, good benefits and time off policy.They really care about their employees and make you feel appreciated. And on top of that, a company that is doing something good for the environment...

ConsIf I were to find a con about working at Verengo, it would be that it's a company in a very young industry, a lot of uncertainty in the industry, a lot of changes, mergers and acquisitions going on, the future of the business (and industry) might be a little uncertain, but that can be expected in an industry that is in its growing stages.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the constant communication about the plans and strategies with your employees.

Best company I have worked for

SSA Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVerengo is the top of the solar industry at the cutting edge, it is great to work for a company that is progressive, fast moving and that loves to WIN at keeping our customers happy as well as their employees.

Verengo is a fertile soil in which a good employee can become great with grooming from attentive Managers.

Working for Verengo is fun in that it is growing and there is opportunity for everything from advancement, invention (in new technologies), all the way to process development.

Your only barrier is yourself. Management is super supportive and willing to work to improve things, they listen carefully to what is needed and take everyone's opinions very seriously implementing them when they make sense. This relieves alot of stress that you can feel for not being able to change things to make your job better.

ConsIf you don't like change, or constant improvement, or fast paced companies that you can be (and become) a great leader in - then Verengo is NOT for you. If you want to just fly below the radar and get by, then this is not the right place. If you are afraid to face yourself and run from problems then this may not be a good place.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Verengo has given me a chance to advance my career and offers me the opportunity to succeed

Facilities Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsVerengo offers a family-like atmosphere and treat everyone equally. The offer comprehensive salary packages and gives employees the ability to advance and develop new and exciting skills. They offer management programs and training and develop employees within.

ConsNo cons to speak of. Verengo is everything that a person would want in an employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake pride in the individuals that work for you and develop their skills daily. One on one interaction is important and needs to be focused on all the time. Always comfort and support employees decisions and guide them toward the right direction.

Awesome place to work!

Information Technology (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsVery fast paced environment which is exactly what I was looking for, great team members and I am also involved in the daily decision making that affects my job & duties, I really feel as a valuable member of my team and the company!

ConsThings change fast and some people may struggle with it, I personally like it and have no cons so far!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to get employees involved in decision making as you are now, revised time off / sick time would be great for the future.

Great Growth Opportunity for People Drive and Embrace Change

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI have worked here for more than fours years. I really like the start-up fast-paced environment, drive and embrace changes and had great opportunities to directly work with senior executives over the past four years. I had a great opportunity to expose myself in various functions and departments within the company. I really enjoy being often challenged to find creative solutions for various new transactions and problems. Here you can have impact and see the result!!!

ConsYou need to learn to stay positive everyday to drive and embrace change.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep growing.

Worked for Verengo Solar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verengo Solar reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Verengo Solar CEO Randy Bishop. All 86 reviews are posted anonymously by Verengo Solar employees.