ViaQuest Reviews

13 reviews filtered by
2.9
CEO

1. Support Services Specialist

Current Employee - Support Services Specialist in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Support Services Specialist in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the consumers and developing relationships with them.

Cons

A lot of the staff mistreated the consumers and management didn't care when this was reported to them. HR didn't do anything at all and instead just swept the issue under the rug.

Advice to Management

You should care more about the consumers and have more compassion around their needs. They are humans like the rest of us. When staff is abusing them, you should care enough to investigate.

Not a good company

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot say with honesty that there are pros to this company. Their culture just doesn't work. On the flip side, if they fire you and you stroke the CEO's ego enough, he will hire you back and just write a sob email explaining that they are one big happy dysfunctional family and mistakes happen. Then of course after that emotion dies off, you will be fired again. Seen it happen to more than a few.

Cons

Terrible pay, terrible benefits, 80 hour weeks, no rewards, no appreciation. Not worth your time. Unfortunately the clients suffer the most.

Advice to Management

Grow up. The freshmen college days are over, move on, stop getting drunk at meetings and providing free alcohol to your employees and then reprimanding them for following the CEO's behavior.

Run Away!

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, if you still enjoy a high school type of environment surrounded by immaturity and lots of drinking and sleeping around, then you may like working here.

Cons

I consider myself to be a professional and truly enjoy helping others and the social services field. The social services and home healthcare field is just a market to make money for this company. They have no compassion for their consumers at all. This company should be investigated and shut down! The work environment is a popularity contest and drinking game. I have never seen a CEO act so immature and unprofessional. I had to quit before this company ruined my career and I will never disclose on my resume that I worked here, I will not associate myself with them, and I suggest you don't either.

Advice to Management

Encourage your managers and CEO to leave their pants on at their lame and very costly culture meetings. We are supposed to be professionals, not 10th graders. Care about your consumers and the service and care your staff provides them. Invest your money in quality staff instead of very expensive conferences and culture (drinking) meetings.

Can't walk the Talk

I worked at ViaQuest

Pros

Take the good with the bad and realize even the good is bad. Sadly there are some good people trying to do good work in a culture that is unworkable.

Cons

Talk a great game, but you will soon realize, this company truly has no vision or direction. Leadership is click-ish and at best young and inexperienced; at it's worst dishonest, self serving and manipulative. Professionalism is deplorable and the term "Culture" is at most about excessive drinking and talk the next day of who slept with who, did you see how drunk the CEO was...

Advice to Management

The organization is run on rumor mill. Investigation or discussion of relevant matters do not occur. People who truly are there for the right reasons cannot survive. The organization has no sense of team. Extreme turnover has created an environment of CYA. Stop and take a look in the mirror, do you like what you see?

Awful

I worked at ViaQuest

Pros

You get free beer. Some of my co-workers were awesome people.

Cons

Honestly, it comes across as a fun place to work when you start, but you really don't want to fall for that. Compensation in general is terrible, there's no real organization or help from supervisors, and unless you are in a clique you will not move up. They do not give raises. They will play with your future and truly don't care if it ruins you. I saw it happen to a close friend - moved him to another city, had him working 70 hours a week, then fired him because he wasn't "getting the job done." He was. Just don't work here.

And the biggest con of all - THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CONSUMERS. The people they help are really just numbers, and that's it.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your lower management - they could help you. Actually care about your consumers.

7. Excited about my future with ViaQuest

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest

Pros

The company culture is fun and family-like. I work in the Dublin office and it's nice to be able to interact with upper management. Executive team really cares and takes the time to get to know employees. I'm excited about my future with ViaQuest.

Cons

The pace of healthcare is challenging - always changes in regulations that have to be followed.

8. Great experience!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company has an incredible culture and encourages its employees to make a difference in the lives of its clients every day. The passion shown from employees at all levels is unmatched, and the spirit of teamwork is present everywhere you go. Employees truly care about the success of their colleagues. The level of compassion, pride in what we do, and vision for the future displayed constantly by management and inspires employees to want to succeed. ViaQuest makes it a point to take time to recognize employees for all that they do and rewards them for the many hours of hard work they put in. It's really difficult not to buy into the values put in place by our leader and our plan for becoming better in the future. This company is one of a kind, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Cons

Unfortunately, in this field, it is a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. It is important to be adaptable and to be able to take difficult situations in stride. You never know what you could see in a given day.

9. Loved working here!

Former Employee - Liaison
    Former Employee - Liaison

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong office culture and company values, caring and knowledgeable management, fun outings and training seminars, caring and hardworking colleagues who are just as passionate about the Home Health and Hospice industry as I am, military friendly employer, extremely patriotic company that goes above and beyond call of duty.

Cons

My job required a little more travel than I cared for, however, I was made aware of this before I accepted my position. I wish I still worked here - we had to relocate due to my husband's job but I miss working for this one-of-a-kind company... haven't found anywhere else that compares!

Advice to Management

LOVED the annual conference. It was a perfect balance of fun and training. I was very impressed by the hard work, money, time, and effort that management put into the conference all for the sake of its employees. Most companies don't take the time to recognize and reward their employees for their hard work throughout the year-- VIAQUEST DOES!

Unparalleled Culture with Compassionate Staff and Visionary Leaders!

Current Employee - Program Director in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Program Director in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, fun work events, generous time-off, great work-life balance, wise & passionate leaders, excellent values, personal & professional growth opportunities, open communication policy, fun and passionate employees

Cons

I would like to attend more trainings to aid my professional growth!

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain our unique culture so that we continue to be the company of choice for not only the individuals we serve but also for our employees!

11. Wonderful Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been employed with ViaQuest for a little over 3 years now and they are head-and-shoulders above the rest of the industry. Their culture and work environment is something completely unique that really sets them apart. Everyone collaborates and works together to achieve a common goal. The CEO is a phenomenal leader who really cares about his employees. He is extremely approachable and willing to do whatever it takes to help a family in need.

They do have monthly "Cultural" events that allow the regional teams to socialize and strengthen their professional relationships. This is a great way to meet fellow employees and truly buy-in to what the ViaQuest family is about. I have seen some negative feedback from these events, but people need to keep remember how to separate their social and professional lives. People do have a fun time at these events, but they also work extremely hard at making ViaQuest successful.

The company works in the most gratifying industry of all which allows you to have a positive impact on all of those that we serve!

Cons

There has been quite a bit of turnover over the last year. However, this is unavoidable in this industry. It isn't good to have a large amount of this, but on some levels, it is a necessary evil. As a company, you can't let people become complacent so change is sometimes for the best as new blood is needed to rejuvenate the workplace.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job pushing the company to grow and become the provider of choice for the people we serve. Keep pushing this and finding fellow employees who believe in the "ViaQuest" way!