Victoria's Secret Stores

3.2 1,175 reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney

Sharen Turney

1,175 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Free bras two times a year and great discount throughout the year"
    in 66 reviews
  • "Great Discount as a Bra Specialist I got a 30% discount"
    in 61 reviews
Cons:
  • "You also have call in shifts that you cannot leave town for until you know they do not need you"
    in 56 reviews
  • "Work/Life balance difficult with varying shifts and schedules (life of retail norm)"
    in 36 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A Mixed Bag

Corporate Employee (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Brand, Collaborative Culture, Team focused

ConsNo support on change management, New management does not listen to its employees. Way too many time spent on politics vs. getting the work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employees. And recognize them.

The best retail environment you can work at!

Sales Support Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company does value their employees and focuses on development of their associates. Advancement opportunities are great! I have worked for the company for 6 years and I love that I have seen so many changes and improvements. They really listen to their customers and employees to constantly improve doing what they do best.

ConsPay is not great unless you desire to be in management. As with most retail environments the requirement to work weekends and holidays can be exhausting after years of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency and communication management needs to be more effective.

I absolutely love my job

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management is very understanding

ConsSo far I do not have any cons

All over associate

Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 5 years

ProsMobile. You can move to almost any city and work for this company. I have worked for VS since 2009. As my main career has relocated me, I haev satyed with VS through 4 states. Gotta love it! I get a massive discount on my wireless bill, free flu shots, free and discounted product. 401k and stock as well. They even offered me pet insurance. I started as a regular associate, became a staffing and operations coordinator, then moved to bra specialist. After that I was promoted to Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor.

ConsTeenage drama occurs more often than not. They are serious about availability. There is no playing with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my 401k and associate stock purchase plan. But, had I not been management, would it have been offered?

I love it.

Flex Associate (Current Employee)
Muskegon, MI (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone is so friendly and get along great. There's a really strong team bond and it's a very comfortable work environment and I look forward to going to work every day.

ConsIt really gets under my skin when we have shoplifters come in and do fraudulent returns. I hate knowing that they get away with stealing money from the company and we can't do anything about it even when it's clear they did not purchase the merchandise.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest problem I had was when I got hired; I applied in the summer for SAS and after my interview no one contacted me for about a month and when they finally did call me I had gotten another job. I then applied for Holiday and I had to keep calling to find out what was going on. From my experience the hiring process is not very organized and it is very stressful for the one being hired.

Victoria's secret sales specialist

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
Providence, RI (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

ProsDiscount and gratis items that we either have a buy in for or free. They also have cool classes that they will sometimes let you take part in like AIM or visual labs that are really cool

Constraining sucks managers can be rough

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be so pushy sales people have to take a lot of from customers as well as management so don't be on their case so much

Worst CEO in history of VSD

Merchandising Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores for more than 5 years

ProsGenerous Discount and summer fridays

ConsNo career advancement, ceo has everyone spinning, doesnt know how to inspire teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of this CEO, bring some life back to the catalogue!

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVS recognizes talent and as long as the individual can learn from coaching and feedback can really grow with the company. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to a store manager. The company is a great brand to work for and has the best company values. VS is a world wide recognized brand and continues to be a pace setter for the retail industry. I think it is a really fun company to work for.

ConsGoods and bads to working with all females the majority of the time.

Operations coordinator

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

ProsVery fun culture. Company seeks to take care of their employees. Special gifts and promos only exclusive to the employees during product launches. Tons of tools experience and knowledge to gain from this company.

ConsCurrent management staff lacks leadership quality and morale

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in those truly passionate about their work team and company

busy but pretty fun environment

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros30% discount and sometimes gratis but very limited

Consemployees are female and sometimes there are tensions.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney. All 1,175 reviews are posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees.