Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,465 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 93 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 56 reviews)

More Highlights

Great working environment and fun.

Former Employee - Beauty Associate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Beauty Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, fun environment, with great staff.

Cons

Very demanding goals, sometimes almost unattainable.

Great company, great culture, great teams, easily ruined by poor management

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

Great team members to work with, compensation for managers is nice, bonuses are very good at higher volume locations

Cons

Very dependent on the manager's to make things work. More so than any other retail company I've worked for. Not a lot of specificity to management jobs, they're very broad, which can make it more difficult to focus, and high volume locations get very busy and must manage organized retail crime in addition to everything else.

Be an advocate for your team and really listen to them. Don't discuss/make promises without delivering on them. Make sure every new supervisor and manager trains outside of the store right away.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Glen Mills, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Glen Mills, PA (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

awesome discount-30% off regular price items and etc

Cons

low pay- $8/hour
    customers are rude

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Category Supervisor (Pink)

Current Employee - Category Supervisor (Pink)  in  Savannah, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Category Supervisor (Pink) in Savannah, GA (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Monthly gratis, Ample amount of hours, discounts to BBW, Lots of opportunity to advance and the company does a great job with helping associates and managers to transfer if employees choose to relocate.

Cons

Payroll cuts, Limited nights and weekends off, pressure to sell and make plan. Often very demanding hours. I'd love to see this company stay closed on days such as Christmas Eve to give associates a better quality of life during the holiday. I have worked christmas eve every year for the past 4 years.

More positive coaching to associates, a better work and life balance. Better Store Managers need to be hired, as this is an excellent company to work for, however as any other job, higher management can ruin the experience. A better Ethics and Loss Prevention team should be put into place and both should do regular visits to the stores.

You deal with all types of customers.

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced so you are rarely bored. Great discounts and gratis rewards. At both stores I have worked I have made great connections and friendships with fellow coworkers.

Cons

Retail hours. Depending on the area you work, you can get quite a few rude customers.

Spent over seven years of my career here. Recognized for my efforts with three promotions during my tenure.

Former Employee - Senior Merchant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Merchant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, values, compensation, and recognition for performance

Cons

Highly iterative environment that can sometimes be disorganized.

Good job

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

discounts were great, awesome coworkers and managers

Cons

customers always right, training during Holiday could be improved

Favorite job ever

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Moosic, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Moosic, PA (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

-it's fun: you get to know the girls you're working with, it becomes a fun environment
    - makes you feel good: people look to you for help, it's stereotypical that you have to be pretty or sexy to work there so customers look to you and see what that "looks" like.
    -easy: how hard is it to fold a pair of panties or sensor a sweater. It's easy work and all so organized for you.
    - it's competitive: you have SPAH goals where it just tracks what percentage of the sales you've made for the day. You want the highest number of sales because it looks good for you, looks good to people higher up and makes the company look good as well.
    - the discount: regaurdless of what store in the company you work at, you're getting a discount. And at Victoria's Secret a 30% discount will go a long way.
    -gratises: no other company gives their employees gratises which are a list of free or extremely low priced items. For example: this month employees get a totally free PINK bundle which is a campus bra and panties. Normally 40$. But that's not all we always gEt more.

Cons

-some negative people: as with any job working with someone who is negative makes for a miserable work experience
    - people who don't care: when you have people who don't care about their job, it makes it more monotonous because you find you're constantly redoing things that have already been done.

Keep doing your thing, I love it.

Great! Fun environment to work in.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Elmira, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Elmira, NY (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved the flexible schedule, opportunity to work as little or as much as I wanted. Great perks such as free merchandise and good discount. Management was great to work with as well!

Cons

Hourly pay was lower than some other retail stores, I worked a ton of hours to receive little pay. My store did not have commission, where as if it did it might be incentive to have worked harder on the sales floor.

Great company to start off with

Former Employee - Category Supervisor  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Category Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tons of gratis items. Free body care items and even free bras. Most time bras are $15 which isn't bad at all considering they are $50.
    Super fun working in the stores. The customers are entertaining most of the time and it's honestly an easy job if you just do what you are told to do. Flexible hours are great for those in school or with other jobs.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth. It takes years just to move up to a supervisor position.
    Pay isn't the best. Raises are low and practically useless.

Appreciate your employees just a bit more. We're expected to do thousands of things for low pay.

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!