Walgreens Reviews

3,416 Reviews

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson
Greg Wasson
1,821 Ratings

Pros
  • Decent profit sharing although not as good as it used to be (in 207 reviews)

• Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good (in 124 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent (in 77 reviews)

• Upper management makes it horrible for everyone including lower management (in 122 reviews)

More Highlights

walgreens

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens for less than a year

Pros

good benefits, good co-workers, they hire friendly people, great place for social people.

Cons

low pay, sporadic schedule. work happiness depends on who your management is,

decrease the importance of suggustive selling and make it a more employee first company

Good Starting point

Current Employee - ASMt  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - ASMt in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours are fair depending on what location you are working at. Depending on what location you work, your team can motivate you or unmotivate you. If you have a strong Store manager everything will be ok. Trainee program is real serious. A lot of room for promotion.

Cons

Un predictable hrs. Holidays not promised. Sometime you find yourself doing more work than employees

Communication is KEY!!!!

15% discount better than pay

Current Employee - Home Infusion  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Home Infusion in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits medical & dental,. 401k, 15% and 20% @ Retail stores,.flexibility with schedule

Cons

Lousy training,. No pay increase right away for doing two totally different jobs..Poor management, no opportunity for advancement unless your there for years and years., .or certified as a Pharmacist or Pharmacy tech.
    Horrible pay,.15% discount at Walgreens retail store feels more satisfying than my paycheck. Office gossip,.and cliques,.management gives too much authority to employees who live at work and they are not management.

Home Infusion
    Train your employees right. Give them incentives to stay,.grow,.pay them accordingly for making themselves available when someone resigns and takes on their duties.
    Care more about emoloyees well being, management needs more people skills. Cold & stiff.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disagree with changes and expectations Corporate is making and with the means they are using to accomplish them.

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Make great friends while working there! Good benefits and discounts.

Cons

Worked at Walgreens for almost 5 years. Seen many changes. I disagreed with current changes and expectations Corporate is making and with the means they are using to accomplish them.

- making me feel cynical, not valued, unrecognized, unappreciated, frustrated and demoralized; taking my enthusiasm and self-esteem
    - Feedback from store employees not considered or valued by Corp: no ongoing dialogue at corp level
    --More simplified and realistic expectations
    - Registers and other systems constantly crashed or are out dated.
    - Need more team members to keep up with customers. Most of the time, we had 1 cashier, 1 dept employee, 1 mgr, and 1 pharmacist. So I felt like I was running 5-6 departments on my own. Customers asked why cosmetics and photo dept don't have anyone there when they need help and why the manager is stuck in pharmacy for a hours at a time because they are understaffed.

Employees are quitting even those that have been with Walgreens for 10 or more years because they no longer believe in the direction the company is going. READ THE STORE BLOGS. Help employees not feel cynical, valued, unrecognized, unappreciated, and demoralized; and build more moral, enthusiasm and self-esteem by considering how the new changes are affecting employees. Consider and value feedback from store employees as much if not more than from customers.

Insightful changes for a better future

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Awesome group of peers. Pay for a store managers is respectable.

Cons

Too many directives and initiatives to try to be accomplished while striving to excel. The current bonus structure is disengaging.

Too much change going on at one time. There is technically no paid vacation for store managers. Pharmacists get their salaries in addition to vacation time, whereas store managers just get their salary.

Good people, fair comp & benefits; a shift in culture - it's not what it once was

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with - very supportive, smart and hard working. Good opportunites for growth and development.

Cons

I think the culture has changed over the last few years. There seems to be less focus on employees and making this company a great place to work.

Focus more on making sure you have the right people in key positions; good people are always the key to any successful organization. Always. Treat your employees with respect.

Beauty Advisor

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor  in  Douglasville, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Douglasville, GA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

easy, pay is decent, good cultural beliefs

Cons

responsibilities are growing, but wages are staying the same, working holidays

promotions, raises

A long ride but the wheels seem to fallen off. :-(

Current Employee - Walgreens ASM  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Walgreens ASM in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great friends and networking. Also being management help develop your leadership skills.

Cons

Im a 15yr employee that has grown with the company over the years and has defended and sacrificed A LOT... But now it feels like I am just a body and I feel very much expendable. The "new" direction is more built to break down the employee and make them a robotic, heartless, tool. And disposable once they have gotten what they needed from you. I one love my job but now feel trapped and scared because I spent to much time here and will not be as useful elsewhere. JUST WHAT WALGREENS WANTS...

EXA/ASM...

Good Company

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

a good place to start the career

Cons

not enough benefits for the employees

Sales Associate (part-time)

I worked at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked here for two years while at college, they were flexible with my schedule and I could work at a location in my hometown as well. Good management, opportunities for advancement if you desired.

Cons

Store manager at the college store (the one I was at) was never friendly, always "hiding" in the back office. The supervisors and other managers were much better.

O.P. Walgreens you are good. Manhattan Walgreens (just the one store) you need to get out of the office and interact with your staff. I never "knew" who you were.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!