Walgreens

2.9 3,209 reviews

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson

Greg Wasson

(1,721 ratings)

Pros
  • Decent profit sharing although not as good as it used to be(in 206 reviews)

• Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good(in 124 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent(in 76 reviews)

• Upper management makes it horrible for everyone including lower management(in 122 reviews)

3,209 Employee Reviews

Started off great then went bad

Cashier (Current Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

ProsCoworkers are great!! Yes your on the clock but still have a great time while your at it. Regulars become your friends

ConsYou dont have much time for personal life!! First they give you the hours of the world then you become on call and only one day for sure, after you dont get called and completly off the schedule for good!! With no notice!!

not what it used to be

Assistant Manager (MGT) (Former Employee)

Proslots of locations. can be good for students just trying to make extra money

ConsConsistently adding tasks and responsibilities while reducing hours and staff

Compare to others

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Guthrie, OK (US)

ProsI really like the small town feel and knowing my customers by name and face before they speak.

ConsWish we had 40 hours a week available for all techs #5

Advice to Senior ManagementFull time is not 35 hours as stated by manager. Full time job has always been 40 hours per week. Please fix.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagers are nice and presented my a great opportunity. I enjoyed my time there to develop retail skills.

ConsWould have liked the opportunity for more hours. A lot of tasks expected of you as well.

Good

Store Manager (Current Employee) Worthington, MN (US)

Prosbenefits are really good for retail business

Conschanging of corporate direction of monthly basis

Advice to Senior Managementtraining

Awesome company to work .

Call Center Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Miami Lakes, FL (US)

ProsAwesome benefits, hours, and bosses

ConsUnfortunately they only offer part time positions of 32 hours even though they call it full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways there when needed

Good

Beauty Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsCustomer interaction. Managers I work with are great. Coworkers are nice and helpful. I got to expand my horizons. Nice and good.

ConsBreaks are sometimes not given due to busy points. Some supplies aren't available when needed. Schedule sometimes changes unexpectedly

Happy healthy describes the way we treat customers and staff

ProsGood company & great people to work with

Consbusy busy all the time

Great company until 2009

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThey used to promote from within and encouraged employees to stay with the company long term. They always offered stock purchase programs to employees.

ConsIn 2009 they began laying off employees who had been with the company the longest. They did not offer any pay cuts or the possibility of remaining with a downgraded position. They destroyed the office morale of all the remaining employees.

Well..

ProsMy co workers are awesome.

ConsHours are cut more and more with each passing week. Stores are expected to do more with less and our customers are suffering.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork in a store once a month so you don't lose focus of what its like!

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!