Walgreens

2.9 3,224 reviews

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson

Greg Wasson

(1,730 ratings)

Pros
  • Decent profit sharing although not as good as it used to be(in 207 reviews)

• Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good(in 124 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent(in 77 reviews)

• Upper management makes it horrible for everyone including lower management(in 122 reviews)

3,224 Employee Reviews

Started off great then went bad

Cashier (Current Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

ProsCoworkers are great!! Yes your on the clock but still have a great time while your at it. Regulars become your friends

ConsYou dont have much time for personal life!! First they give you the hours of the world then you become on call and only one day for sure, after you dont get called and completly off the schedule for good!! With no notice!!

Good place to start, not to stay.

ProsBENEFITS! Starts off paying above minimum wage (which is $7.25. I started off at $8.) You get to know your customers well.

ConsBecause Walgreens as a whole is changing, it makes it harder for those of us actually working in the stores, dealing with the customers because we have to find an explanation as to why something is different than it was the last time a customer was in our store when we were never even given an explanation ourselves. We get in trouble (literally. We get written up) for not saying "Hello, welcome to Walgreens) when someone walks in the door AND when we see someone on the aisle. I've had multiple customers snap at me because they hate hearing it. IT annoys customers but we have to do it. All-in-all, we're the scapegoats of Walgreens. The store level people have to deal with the consequences. Also, hours! I recently transferred to a store in a different city that has a higher cost of living but because I was making a certain amount where I came from, they refuse to pay me more but also won't give me more hours (which they promised before I moved here) so I'm forced to live with someone else because I can't afford to live alone here. When I requested more hours from my manager, she flat out told me that she's only giving them to people who deserves them!

Love the people

Photo Specialist (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA (US)

Prosthe co workers and managers were wonderful and i loved them all

Consthe customers could be a lil rude and weird, pay wasnt that great

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

photo tech

ProsMangers are always willing to help

ConsDaily task to be completed before shift is over

Well..

ProsMy co workers are awesome.

ConsHours are cut more and more with each passing week. Stores are expected to do more with less and our customers are suffering.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork in a store once a month so you don't lose focus of what its like!

not what it used to be

Assistant Manager (MGT) (Former Employee)

Proslots of locations. can be good for students just trying to make extra money

ConsConsistently adding tasks and responsibilities while reducing hours and staff

Stressful, understaffed, but reliable if you know what you are doing and can keep up with demand

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsI feel valued at Walgreens. I have been there a little over a year and I can say I'm a fairly good pharmacy technician. The pharmacists respect me and constantly let me know that I do good work. The fast-paced, busy environment makes the day go by quicker, which is always a plus. The Store Manager where I work is extremely helpful and takes each employee's needs into consideration.

ConsThe environment is stressful, fast-paced, demanding and sometimes, extremely debilitating. I'm twenty-one years old and active so that I can deal with the running around but I can't say I enjoy the fact that my Walgreens is always understaffed. The amount of work you are expected to complete in a short time is astounding. If you can't multi-task then you won't get very far at Walgreens. You are expected to meet certain demands or your hours will be cut or you will get a warning, which can make one very nervous and worried for their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy pharmacy manager seems to care too much about numbers, status and rating. That is, by no means, a bad thing but the method she utilizes to approach these goals can sometimes be unprofessional and one-sided. She does not show as much regard as she should toward the employees or, more importantly, the patients. She must strive to reach company expectations in a manner that will benefit everybody, and not just her own reputation as a pharmacist.

Awesome job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagers are nice and presented my a great opportunity. I enjoyed my time there to develop retail skills.

ConsWould have liked the opportunity for more hours. A lot of tasks expected of you as well.