Walmart

Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.9 7,474 reviews

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon

Doug McMillon

Pros
  • There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative (in 68 reviews)

• Lot of room for advancement up to the salary level, nice schedule for management (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • With new schedule your Work/life balance is very poor with very little weekends off (in 122 reviews)

• Within the next five years there will only be salary full time positions available (in 304 reviews)

More Highlights
7,474 Employee Reviews

great perks and benefits but not good for freshers

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosgood perks, nice pantry filled with stuffs, good work life balance, friendly work environment, chances of going outside India for business

Constechnologies used in some teams are not up to mark, work not challenging/enough to satisfy freshers,

Advice to Senior Managementhire freshers by sharing proper Job Description, not the generalised one across all teams.

Govenment Relations, Public Affairs, CSR and Susutainability

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsWould like to use my 30 years of experience productively and to the benefit of companies and myself

ConsNeed to get out of execution and on to strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed working for Walmart very much

Awesome colleagues

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsAmazing Culture, lot of tech talks, casual talks, outings. Opportunity to make Walmart big in online commerce as well.

ConsI do not see longer vision for investment into technologies which would help it become number 1 in e-commerce.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

an apt organization for a aspiring individual

Category Head -FMCG Food Beverages (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Prosa process which you can not beat

Consthe natural imbalance in industry impacting

Highly bureaucratic and political. not a healthy work environment for an IT professional.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore

Prosstable company with a strong financial backing due to Walmart's business size.

Consno opportunity to do good work and grow. bureaucracy is very high, and highly political.

Advice to Senior Managementdecentralize decision making and entrust employees to take ownership and innovate. speed is the key to success in ecomerce.

as associate i m work at Walmart store i Mumbai, LBS marg bhandup.

Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) Mumbai

Prosas associate i m work at Walmart store i Mumbai, LBS marg bhandup.

Consits o some i m fully enjoyed with dis company.. i m work as part time.. no salary issues ...

Advice to Senior ManagementStudent have lives problems in there exam times.. i m job live thts reason

This is the store where ur career is bright and u can accomplish ur entire visions and goals.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Rohtak

ProsWork culture and edlp policy fanticise the stores feedback.

ConsSalary should much more as per working.

Great work and work culture

Technology Intern (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsYou get to work with some of the brightest minds in India. Also, the perks and compensation is really good.

ConsThe current office is too small for the pace at which Walmart is hiring.

IT IS GREAT EXPERIENCE TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY

Fabric and Color Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsFront runner in all aspects and volume base business. Cautious move for 100% Presence in India appreciated, Aggressive in opportunity tapping.

ConsRetrenchment and unplanned restructuring, B'coz of size and volume certain areas of business are truly neglected. Frequent changes in leadership does not allow strategies to show results from grass root.

Advice to Senior ManagementMay suggest some alternative employment within the company to the effected associates retrenched due to business restructuring of any part of the business.

its great to work ther with great oppurunity

Floor Associate (Former Employee) Kurnool

Prosa world's best company in the business of stores and small scale industries

Consabout the works at holidays

Advice to Senior Managementplz dont suffer the staff a lot

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!