Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches (in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department (in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

Review

Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsHaving nice experience. Nice scope for learning and implementing new tools in testing. Liberal for Engineering values.

ConsNothing till date.. Nothing till date.. Nothing till date.. Nothing till date.. Nothing till date.. Nothing till date.. Nothing till date..

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing as of now

Screwed up in India - It's not a 'Disney' in India

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOf global operations (excludes India operations):
    1. Fantastic quality of management
    2. Remarkable coherence on IP led strategic growth

ConsOf India operations
    1. Low-level self-serving management in India
    2. Continuing lack of strategic IP led growth

Advice to Senior ManagementSorry but you all failed to build a Disney in India. Got some volume on revenues? I can bet my money, its all tactical with no strategic builds.

For a quick win you lost your chance and let low-level studio folks run your business. Clean it up Disney. I hope you do.

Fun place to work in

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGrowth is indeed good
    Lots to learn

ConsStressful deadlines which will make life little stressful

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great MNC to work with

ProsNice Environment to work with

ConsDifficulty in managing upper management

A company you want to stay at least 3 years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsMany development opportunities, lots of things happen every day, you will meet different people, different culture, and challenges.

ConsSometime it is really stressful because you have so many tasks to do/go at same time

Advice to Senior ManagementMore open talks

A magical experience; when I'm old and rich, I'll work there again.

Disney College Program (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

Pros-could put a thousand pros
    -coworkers become family
    -access to the parks
    -making magic for guests
    -creating memories for people that will last forever
    -going to Disney World every day
    -focus on events for employees
    -at least 994 more pros that I can't think of currently

Cons-don't do it for the money, the pay is terrible
    -long shifts
    -really hot summers
    -not all guests (customers) are happy to be there
    -aggressive foreigners
    -unionized co-workers that don't contribute to the team effort

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

It was definitely an entertaining and rewarding experience

Bell Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL (US)

ProsUpbeat people. Fun atmosphere. Benefits are nice.

ConsStressful. Many guests feel entitled to free things because of the cost of their vacations.

It's Disney, it's a high standard to follow.

Attractions Host (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA (US)

ProsThe benefits are great! Getting into the park for free, sign ins, 40% merch during Holiday (nov.-feb) lots of friends, lots of jobs to do.

ConsIt's Disney, everyone wants to be here, I started off in Parking, and transferred over to Fantsyaland Attractions, Attractions are at the bottom of the totem pole! I make $9.33 an hour. And any of the better jobs are non-union, it's all a corporate game, half of the Legacy award recipients should not be Legacy Award recipients (on the other hand I've met so many wonderful Legacy recipients) with some moving up can be really fast, with others really slow, depending on if the managers like you. Fantasyland is a great land to be in. They say it's a great job if you don't like getting paid at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've grown so much as a person over a year and a half, working on my degree and I want to be in their PR dept. getting my first transfer was super easy. Schedulers do tend to play favorites all the time, but with my seniority I get my morning shifts and make a lot of hours in a week. Depends on the manager but I love mine at Fantasyland, great team! The upper management is great too! I totally support Bob Iger, but the pay for attractions needs to go up.

Love Your Job and Act Like It

Custodial Cast Member (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA (US)

ProsThis is a company that has amazing opportunities for growth in any area you want to pursue as long as you work at it. You must love what you do and work extremely hard, sometimes harder than it seems you should especially in the beginning, but it will be so worth it. This is a company that knows how to take care of employees. And if you are an employee that is passionate about your job, no matter what the title, you will have a job for life and grow in any aspect of this company you are interested in. You just have to have the drive. Don't get me wrong: it is extremely competitive and tough, but if you love it, it will be worth it.

ConsHours can be rough, especially if transportation is a problem for you. This is a company that is notorious for its strict adherence to rules and traditions, but it is only a con for the most part if you simply can't work in a fast paced environment. There are some issues with regulations that are economically, monetarily and time wise for the company, not sound, but if you do your job, then it isn't your issue to fix.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is such an amazing work culture at Disney that it is a shame that there is inflexibility in smaller managerial or operational issues, such as custodial methods, that are not allowed input from the cast members doing that specific job. There is great open communication between cast members and management, but there is no outlet for any further discussion or possible needed change to actually take place. This is my only criticism. All in all, my job at Disney is my favorite job and was blessed to work for such an amazing company.

Great company for benefits and longevity.

Performer (Former Employee)

ProsWorking in a Broadway show, they ran it very professionally, more corporate than other broadway productions

Cons2 show days on the weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the staff better

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!