Warnaco Group Reviews

It was alright

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Warnaco Group

Pros

Very open processes. Good co workers. Flexible work hours

Cons

Very lax processes and procedures. Hard to get things done the right way.

Great place to work

I worked at Warnaco Group

Pros

Team work, training, motivation,

Cons

Change management, take over

They are closed in our area now

Former Employee - Temp Picker  in  Duncansville, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Temp Picker in Duncansville, PA (US)

I worked at Warnaco Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The days were predictable at first and the work was consistent and predictable. It was fast paced and kept you busy on your feet all day so the day went faster. I was a temp so most standard employee benefits did not apply to me. Job was pretty simple and straight forward and I was able to work first shift. My daughter's father was also a long time full time employee of the company (9 years plus).

Cons

There were stretches of weeks without a day off and working 9 hour shifts 7 days a week wears you out. The supervisors tended to sit on their butt's shooting the breeze all day but frowned upon anyone who would take more than a too tight amount of time to complete a task. My assignment was ended after I missed too many days for court hearings and then had to take a day for my daughter to be in the hospital. As a single parent that was horrible to have to chose if I go to work and then who cares for my child or do I lose my job and make sure she is ok. You went no where any how and were treated poorly as a temp and you couldn't sit down for even a second. In the final days that this branch was open they really even treated their long term employees horribly.

Thank goodness you are closed. Understand that single parents need one day off now and again. Don't end people's assignments over court days and real health emergencies. Understand that employees are human and not robots.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Warnaco was very satisfying and I would have stayed forever if the company wasn't sold.

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was a comfortable environment, the director of my department trusted me to do my job and but was always available if needed.

Cons

There were a lot of issues with the processing system we used. We were constantly on the phone trying to get the error corrected.

High turnover, terrible management, too many meetings

Former Employee - Designer  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and a decent discount on products.

Cons

Management not great within department - found managers to be quite unprofessional. Examples included doing things like participating in and encouraging petty and/or negative gossip, complete disorganization, and constant tardiness. Also, I think one manager had a psychiatric disorder; this person was insanely paranoid and borderline abusive and really contributed to a negative atmosphere. There was a high turnover of employees within this department, and I think the managers really contributed to that. Growth within the company not great. Also the constant town hall meetings, department meetings and various HR-organized gatherings (picnics, ice cream parties, karaoke parties, scavenger hunts, workshops, etc. etc) were quite tiring and time consuming, eating into the time that would have been well spent working on projects. Unfortunately, declining any of these meetings or events was very frowned upon.

Management training would probably help with some of the issues. Psychiatric evaluations for managers not a bad idea either. Also, less meetings would probably help with people being able to meet deadlines.

it was a job that i got to go to every morning for the past 12 years.

Former Employee - Stock Associate  in  Huntingdon, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in Huntingdon, PA (US)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

i got to learn some new work skills while i was at warnaco,got to know some really good hard working people at warnaco also.

Cons

there was never any down size at warnaco,because we all got along,there was one down size at warnaco and that was when we all lost our jobs.

upper management was pretty good, because they were aways there for the employees when they needed any help with any issues.

I learned a lot and got some great opportunities

Former Employee - Intern  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Warnaco Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Very poor leadership and management

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere

Former Employee - Accounting and Finance  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Accounting and Finance in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At Montreal office: really friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Workload fit into your day. No forced overtime. Great people. Too bad finance was transferred to corporate office and ultimately company bought by PVH. Wish I was still there.

Cons

My manager the last few years I was there was the biggest con. But at least I was not micro-managed so I didn't have to deal with him much. Yearly reviews were useless and counter-productive. Communication between managers could have been better.

terrible working conditions

Former Employee - Picker  in  Duncansville, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Picker in Duncansville, PA (US)

I worked at Warnaco Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

it almost payed the bills

Cons

low pay, lack of hours

pay more

Great benefits, huge employee discount, friendly staff and executives.

Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In general, it was a pretty laid-back atmosphere. Most people were friendly and most executives were approachable. Employees, for the most part, were treated like people. Occasional "thank yous" like ice cream parties would pop up.

Cons

There seemed to be a disconnect between different divisions and departments. This was especially evident in the IT world. Collaboration overall could be much stronger. Fairly high turnover, especially in the design areas, would put a strain on resources and morale.

Need to do more to keep talent, especially in the design areas as well as IT. This could be done by offering more competitive salaries and higher than insulting 2-4% annual raises.

Worked for Warnaco Group? Contribute to the Community!