Waste Management

Waste Management Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Waste Management President, CEO & Director David P. Steiner

David P. Steiner

Pros
  • great benefits and you can get all the hours you need allowed by dot (in 31 reviews)

• Fellow Employees, good benefits if you can afford the with the Lay-down days (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The customer service supervisor sits in her office all day eating (in 16 reviews)

• Long hours management don't care for you just be at work av (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

former employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTalented people, Reasonably good compensation,
    Futuristic - Sustainability and green initiatives

ConsNo major cons. depending on the area you are working, it can get a little stressful sometimes.

control every system and save energy and waste

Computer Operator (Former Employee) Rājkot, Gujarat

Prosi like to work on it

Consvery high and continue mind use

Advice to Senior Managementuse every storage in work

Overall solid place to work.

ProsThe philosophy of employees being the number one asset.

ConsNot all senior management are on board with respect to employees and their value

Advice to Senior ManagementControlling cost is important but don't cripple employee work efforts

Waste Management Response

Jul 23, 2014Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your hard work, dedication, and feedback. This is valuable to us as we strive to continuously improve our processes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsNice location wonderful team

ConsNo cons - everything is great

Most money I ever made at any company!

Inside Commercial Representative (Former Employee) Ewing, NJ (US)

ProsPay is excellent, better than decent raises, ability to make money if you put the work into the job. Best boss I ever had, no micro-managementat all.

ConsUnrealalistic goals set by corporate, 1/2 hour lunch,benefits not being the absolute best, and terrible training are just about the only thing negative about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the ICR position back to the local districts. Your customers will be more appreciative of the local presence.

Quick paced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWeekly pay, good health insurance, vacation and holiday pay.

ConsToo many supervisors! Most of them not qualified. Too little advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe know you are trying to meet your numbers to look good to upper management however try to create a heroic work environment that would want us to work hard for you.

Great company overall with some upper management exceptions in the healthcare division.

Plant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits and salaries. Stable job if you are in the right division

ConsLack of motivation of some upper management members

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's very important for you to address safety and maintenance issues at the plants...like ASAP!

Outside Sales Representative

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are very good. The 401k is one of the best. The company matches up to 6% and you're fully vested from the start. The bad news is, you have to wait 90 days before you get any health benefits. That's a long time to go without coverage. Especially if you have small children.

ConsIf you like change - you'll love Waste Management. There is little to no support. You will be responsible for managing every aspect of your accounts. You'll need to be an expert in billing, operations, sales, administration and anything else your customers will want. It makes it almost impossible to take a vacation and not come back to a mountain of emails. Operations runs the show.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow it down. Change is good, but try to get something implemented and working well before moving on to the next change. This constant change is like drinking from a firehose constantly. Let your salespeople sell. They are spending over 80% of their time handling non-sales issues. If you want the employees' opinion stop demanding that they only be positive.

Good company with growth opportunities

Supervisor (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsGood company that values their employees and provides opportunities for growth / promotions. Ongoing improvements with systems and technology is a big plus. Good benefits.

ConsConstant change. Although this is not necessarily a con, because the company is always changing to continue to improve, it is difficult to implement multiple changes coming from all areas of the company at the same time.

i love working for waste management

Prosgreat benefits and you can get all the hours you need allowed by dot. fun people to work with and nice new equiptment

Consmanagement could do a better job at fallowing up on things brought to there attention. needs to compeat better with local companys

Advice to Senior Managementlisten and give good feedback and not tear us down

Waste Management Response

Jul 23, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback! This is valuable to us as we strive to improve everyone's experiences as members of the WM family.

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!