WebiMax Reviews

3.9

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Great for starting out

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a pretty flexible schedule, and if you're trying to start in the online writing/content writing industry you'll get a lot of new and professional experience.

Cons

Things seem to be going downhill there in general, when I first started there it was great. Then things just started to get worse.

Departments need to work better together, and managers should listen to their employees more.

An Internship Success

Former Employee - Inbound Marketer  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Inbound Marketer in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was looking for a summer internship, but was told I would be treated like a full-time employee instead of an intern. They delivered on their promise 100%. My first day I was trained alongside a full-time new hire. Their training program was organized, educational, and systematic. I learned a variety of skills that I would not have learned at college and was able to implement what I learned directly with clients. My supervisor, the current Content Development Manager, supplied the right amount of oversight so that I never had to seek him out for questions, but I never felt micromanaged. He was helpful and encouraging with advice and I received steady feedback on my performance. I also had the opportunity to learn about social media platforms and social media management from the current Social Media Manager. It was an engaging experience and it showed that Webimax's managers are consistent in their mentoring process. Everyone I dealt with at Webimax was helpful and gave positive feedback. I just spent a summer working 40 hours a week. Not only did it go by fast, but I'm sorry it's over.

Cons

I was coming from a western suburb of Pennsylvania so the Mount Laurel location is not ideal, but they are in the process of moving their offices to Camden.

I loved working with everyone at Webimax, which makes me wish I had gotten the chance to interact with them more! There weren't many social activities or ways to meet new people. An occasional company lunch or social activity that involved the company once or twice a year would provide an opportunity to meet more people. Thanks again for the opportunity of a lifetime!

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I have been working at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

Pros

As project manager you do learn many different things and develop your skillset. You can strengthen your ability speaking with clients in person and on the phone, managing clients (expectations, deadlines, etc.), develop online marketing strategy and skills further, manage time efficiently, work on the small to-do's while keeping an eye on the big picture, work to deadlines. Time off is very generous and the work environment is fun, and supportive if you put in the time and effort and you show care for your clients to your colleagues and management. This is noticed. Contrary to what some reviewers say, management works hard to push the company forward and will meet you half way of you put in the effort. You are encouraged to work independently but the support network is there. Staff is quality, there are quality people that you want to work beside and you can develop solid relationships as a result.

Cons

The flow of information can improve regarding announcements and developments. The office space is older without much atmosphere, but that does not negatively impact the core experience. Pay for some positions can be neutral, but these are entry positions and as you develop, your salary grows along with your role and responsibilities.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You make friends because you all go through the same thing together

Cons

I don't know where to start.

-Horrible service
    -Horrible staff support
    -Horrible Management
    -Horrible Product Offering
    -Horrible Client Acquisition
    -Horrible Communication
    -Horrible Pay
    -Horrible Ethics

Ken, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.

No Motivation

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The atmosphere is generally low-key. By that I mean the dress code is essentially nonexistent and there are occasional parties.

Cons

Nobody has any idea what they're doing. You're criticized for thinking outside the box. Emphasis is exclusively on quantity; never quality. Mobility is minimal and based entirely on friendships rather than expertise. Tactics are completely experimental - nobody takes the time to test theories; they throw clients in head-first before knowing if the strategy works. The only form of accountability is the blame game.

Actually pay attention to what's going on in your company.

A good start

I have been working at WebiMax

Pros

I credit this company as a good starting off point. You learn a lot in a fast-paced world of SEO. Great people work here.

Cons

It appears this company had too much success too quickly, which created quite rebound/shrinkage period. Cut back in benefits, pay, etc.

Pay your talent. Else they're always going to find something better.

Mar 11, 2014PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Marketing, especially SEO, is definitely fast-paced, so we’re happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the agency lifestyle. We pride ourselves on having
    ... More

Okay work environment, poor pay, awful service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

As the first real full time job I had, it was a pretty good starting point. It was decently low pressure, PTO was easy to get approved, and my co-workers were all young like me, so the environment was pretty great. There appeared to be a lot of room for advancement (see below). There were also a lot of breaks, which was very helpful whenever I would be working on a particularly difficult project and need a cigarette.

Cons

While it appeared to be a lot of room for advancement, it was a facade. I wasn't being paid too well, and it seemed as though there was something blocking me from getting a promotion. All I could see in my way was a manager's attention toward some of the more attractive employees. I'm not saying anything inappropriate was occurring, but there did seem to be a large favoritism that was based on how much attention key players received rather than the work being performed. I also didn't appreciate being asked to give a review online of my experience working there that was "honest but makes us look good." While I totally understand that there were a lot of disgruntled former employees that had been fired flaming the company, much like any other company, I felt deeply uncomfortable with being asked to do that. I later went on to work at a different SEO company. I was given more reasonable duties, better pay and felt my work was recognized, unlike at this company. I also don't like that I was often told to only do a certain amount of work for the clients based on what they paid the company rather than caring what results they received. If they continue to run their company in this manner, they will lose all of their clients. No company wants to pay for new to the scene inbound marketers with no SEO experience to figure out what doesn't work; they want to pay for the results the sales team promised them.

Treat your employees better. Looking over shoulders to catch them doing something wrong stunts creativity. I would also treat your clients better. When they pay for links, don't stop after an hour because it's "what they paid for." Stop when they get the RESULTS they paid for. It may also help to find managers that work directly with lower employees that work well with others and are more knowledgeable in the field rather than worked at the company a certain amount of time. Also, please listen to employees when they complain, especially when several in a row complain about the same thing. It's not a conspiracy; it's a problem.

Feb 25, 2014PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on having a fun and casual work environment. At the same time, we have very high
    ... More

A great place to move up the ladder.

Current Employee - SEO Content Writer
    Current Employee - SEO Content Writer

I have been working at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with WebiMax for a few years now and they provide every opportunity for people to move up the ladder. The more you put in, the more you get out of your experience.

Cons

I guess pay could be a bit better.

Mar 12, 2014PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty. We’re happy to hear that you appreciate the opportunities to
    ... More

Great workers, poor management, no pathway to advancement all leads to sky-high turnover

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people who work for this company are loyal and they really care about making the company better.

Cons

These loyal employees are not supported by management. In fact, the management wanders around the office looking to catch people slipping up and micromanage their teams until all creativity is stamped out.

Trust the people who care and pay them when they deserve it. And get a sales team that can sell without promising things the company can't deliver.

Feb 21, 2014PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We agree that our employees are loyal and care about making the company better. We’ve always said our
    ... More

Opportunity of a lifetime. Jump start to further your career.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I have been working at WebiMax full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Team environment and yes the upper management actually are competent. They promote from within and allow for you to learn new skills to better your position. Work hard and you are rewarded.

Cons

Salary employees sometimes feel like hourly employees. The time tracking doesn't take into account working remotely.

The salary employees work remotely a lot which can not be 'clocked in'. Clocking in and out for the day or for a lunch break is not something a salary employee usually has to do. I advise management to change this practice.

Mar 07, 2014PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. Processes such as time tracking are crucial for any agency and provide metrics we rely on to effectively
    ... More

Worked for WebiMax? Contribute to the Community!