Wendy's

Updated 27 February 2015
Updated 27 February 2015

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick
Emil Brolick

Pros
  • A fast paced working environment, get to meet people your age (in 30 reviews)

• Flexible hours- they worked with my high school and college schedule (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with (in 45 reviews)

• The cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

It's a little less than alright.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Wendy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

• If you get hired, that means that the restaurant is in need of help and you'll usually get around 24 hours weekly.
    • The job as a crew member is rather simple labor actually.
    • If you have a reasonable manager, you can have a flexible schedule.
    • You can earn promotions that include more pay if you start from the bottom if you're willing to work for it.
    • You get 1/2 price off of a meal of your choice on a day that you work.

Cons

• Depending on which position you're working that day you'll most likely go home smelling like grease (Fry Maker, Grill, Sandwich-maker) with the exceptions of working the Cashier or Drive-through. The smell from the grease can get a bit intense on your clothing or apron and you'll most likely want to shower or bathe immediately once you get home.
    • Lunch rushes exist can get pretty intense and it requires everyone on all positions to work together to make sure everything runs smoothly.
    • Crew member wages are usually minimum and not really something to live off of if living alone.
    • If working the cash registers or drive through, you might run into some aggressive and rude people and you have to be prepared to be as nice as you can.
    • If you get hired at a Franchise restaurant, there might be some things that the General Manager might have some issues with, such as general repairs to the restaurant.

Franchise restaurants should make an effort to fix things in their stores. YES THAT MEANS EVEN THE LITTLE THINGS LIKE RIPS IN THE CHAIRS.

got promoted to management after working my way up from the bottom. It was a great job until the franchise sold.

I worked at Wendy's

Pros

Loved all of our customers. Worked The drive thru so I kept busy and had interactions with customers.

Cons

Getting called in all the time to cover other employees shifts who were to lazy to come to work.

It was okay

I have been working at Wendy's

Pros

Had some fun. Met some friends. It was a good first job but I never would want to do it for the rest of my life.

Cons

Mean bosses. They weren't nice much of the time. They would be condescending and inconsiderate at times. Really sucked.

Be nicer to employees. Appreciate them, be kind, considerate, no need to be so harsh.

Depends on your store...

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It really depends on the people who work there that will make or break your experience. At my wendy's there are lazy managers and hard working managers...its difficult when you have a GM that is lazy and makes the rest of the shift supervisors do extra work. However, i love my team and we all have a great time working with each other, because we are all there and since we have to work, why not make it fun?

Cons

customers can be rude, have to use the policy of the customer is always right, favoritism

Hard Work, good learning experience

I have been working at Wendy's

Pros

discounted food, some times free, flexible hours, teaches work ethic

Cons

Tiring, stressful, potentially dangerous, long standing times

Pay should be diffrent according to the diffrent station you work, allow for cross training

Great for short term

Former Employee - Wendy's in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Wendy's in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Wendy's

Pros

The work wasn't difficult. The rush hours flew by and it was kind of fun making sandwiches. Great for a part time job for young students.

Cons

Depending on the manager, the experience can be very poor. I was lucky and had a really great manager. The wage isn't that great.

I wasn't there long enough to really give advice. Good from what I saw.

It was ok. I wouldn't say it was amazing but it was a great place to start.

Former Employee - Crew in Delran, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Crew in Delran, NJ (US)

I worked at Wendy's

Pros

The Money obviously coming from a teenage high school senior.

Cons

Not really any challenges. Just keep up and you'll be ok

its a great environment to work in and the crew i just love them.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Florence, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Florence, SC (US)

I have been working at Wendy's

Pros

team work, great people. its a good environment.

Cons

not enough communication and team work.

its a big responsibility.

Good people but quick turn over.

I have been working at Wendy's

Pros

I worked with some interesting people. This company often hired recently paroled and handicapped individuals.

Cons

Because of the location we often had employees who were not legal to work in the United States. Employees often leave and then return months later with a new social security number. You never know when you would come in and it would be a short handed day.

Continue to hire disabled but reconsider parolees because they often leave quickly