Westwood One

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roderick M. (Rod) Sherwood III

Constantly changing management makes the company a struggle to be a part of

Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsAlign yourself with huge brands and names.

ConsHorrible leadership, egotistical managers, no training, not solid benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementActual care about your employees who help you get your 350k a year. Actually manage and help grow your employees instead of throwing them under the bus constantly.

Perks are almost non existent. Teambuliding is absent.

Disorganized, ineffective, favoritism

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat brands, some nice people, decent compensation and good benefits

ConsOnly Former Dial Global employees were really treated well. Those that came from Westwood One were not treated fairly.

The Merger and how it changed the face of Westwood One

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWorking in NYC on a very famous street, the people who work in the lower departments are very nice but don't get paid for how hard they work.

ConsThe merger with Cumulus ruined this wonderful company. Too many people were fired in the past month due to this merger. The problem with the senior management they take all the credit for the people who work in the lower departments, unfair to people who work twice as hard.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lackluster and uninspiring

Prosfriendly people who don't mind talking to each other and the hours are pretty balanced, my experience allowed me a lot of leniency in terms of vacation.

Consleadership doesn't care about its employees and they hardly promote from within. They promise growth and training but only care about the bottom dollar and don't mind letting you know that you're working so other people can get rich.

Advice to Senior Managementchange everything, this company is pathetic

Customer Relations

ProsGreat people to work with. Overall they pay well and have reasonable benefits

ConsEvery year there is substantial change so things are always unstable in terms of finances and job security

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to motivate the staff

You will probably end up leaving

Affiliate Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat location at Times Square, good equipment to work with, staffs are generally nice people. Great benefits and systems that is provided through Insperity which is easy to use. Laid back work environment.

ConsLow Pay. The company is being bought by another company and a lot of nice people are leaving. Worked there for about 6 months and already seen about 10 people leaving in different departments (including a CFO and a CEO). Communication with senior management was rather difficult because sometimes they don't keep their words. But i guess its all understandable because the company is in bad financial form and is under rapid change.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys have a great product, but need to work on your management team

Great place to work for a while.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsMet some outstanding people. Treated people fairly. Made friendships that will last forever. Work was interesting and challenging.

ConsExpanded to far and destroyed the company. Difficult financial stress due to over leverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo more acquisitions. Remember where you came from.

Fear and intimidation rule the roost...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFree coffee in the heart of the city

ConsClear disparity between upper level management and lower employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should realize that their employees are what makes them great - they should be treated more like they matter - not like they're disposable. VP's don't even make an attempt to know the names of people that work in their department, and only speak to you if they need something from you. Some think it's fun that people are scared of them! Absolutely ridiculous way to run a business.

Laid back atmosphere, great location, great internship

Production Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsAlot of hands on work on several major sporting events like weekly NFL games, NFL playoffs, March Madness, and the Masters.

ConsLots of busy work at times

Boiler room

On Air (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsYour checks cash and the benefits are decent.

ConsBoiler room, meatball radio. Pound out as many breaks an hour as you can, until your voice is shot.

Worked for Westwood One? Contribute to the Community!