Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management(in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth(in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area(in 5 reviews)

It has been an amazing time working at Workday. The people are extremely friendly and are always willing to help.

Intern (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsCommunity as a whole
    The work environment

ConsUpper management seems to abuse their power a bit much.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't believe that because you are in a higher position, you will receive everything your heart desires.

It is not what they pretend to be.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsDecent pay.
    Some departments seemed good to work for still when I left.

ConsLies from management.
    Backstabbing to gain rank.
    Sexual harassment towards females at least in my department. (yes a compliant was given to HR. But even the people I know saw it didn't want to get involved)
    The company moto is 'Workday and nights' definitely true if you want to get ahead. Don't expect a family life.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamam your new management. It's about how can I rise though the ranks. Not about employees. You want to be be the best place to work. Stop asking us to lie on the public servey. They give 2 surveys. One for the public. The other for the truth that management sees. And ignores it seems.

Awesome place to work

ProsNice culture, they really care for employees, great pay, excellent benefits, free breakfast, snacks, refreshments, recreation (pool/ping pong/arcade games), gym membership, green workplace, lots and lots of fun events, and the list goes on...

On their products-brilliant architecture, out of the box thinking, all round awesome.

ConsCan't really think of any.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leading ERP product, divisive Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsBest HR product on the market bar-none, excellent talent and hard working employees

Cons2 CEO's with opposite management styles has created a divisive leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease focus on Management training and improve hiring profiles across key areas

Outstanding Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsThe work culture is amazing, there's great benefits, and awesome perks. What more do you need?

ConsIt's growing at a rapid pace so the small business feel is diminishing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager was great! She was engaged, honest, and approachable.

Great Company

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe technology is ever evolving to meet our client's needs. Things are never boring or slow paced here.

ConsI am not sure if i have one yet

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE MORE PEOPLE, too much work and not enough employees.

Fast growing company with focus on employee

ProsThere is a great sense of ownership of the services each team provides and with the company growing at a fast pace, there are lot of opportunities for grow into roles which you are looking for.

ConsAs the company is still not know as much as it should be outside US, it is relatively new in Europe and still has to find a name to be amongst the best employer

Love it

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

Prosgreat place to work and growth

Consnot really, still a growing company learning how to manage the increasing number of clients and workers

Very political company - if you're connected, great. If not....good luck.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product and huge market momentum. Very strong position in the market and working on converting from legacy systems.

ConsExtremely political leadership that takes care of the inside crew and doesn't care about the rest. The top makes all the money.

Pretty Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsThe Generation Workday program does a good job of bringing in top talent and grooming them to be the future faces of the company. For what I do at the company, I found the pay to be great, coming out of school. The company is growing, so they are adding benefits all the time. Nice free gym membership.

ConsIn certain roles, you can be stretched thin a times. Workday emphasizes fun and friendship as being important to the overall culture, but It can be more attainable to some than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees and paving the way for great enterprise SaaS!

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!