Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Workday Co-CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros:
  • "My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Great people and a really great company"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fun place to work, great employees, great technology

Associate Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking here is a great time. Lots of company parties, team outings, great culture and work-life balance.

ConsNot very competitive with pay, raises, RSU's, or bonuses. I've been here 2 years and I just received my first raise. It would have been a good first year raise, but after 2 years I was expecting much more. They also only give raises/promotions twice a year during performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better compensation

Great atmosphere and fun place to work.

HCM Consultant (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat place to work. Fun atmosphere with great leadership. The pace of work is changing constantly as the company grows which makes for great challenges.

ConsSome may see the constant change as a con. It can make things feel a little unstable but all I see is opportunities with the amount of growth the company is going through.

Definitely a solid place to work.

Associate Software Intern (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Workday as an intern for less than a year

ProsGREAT people, GREAT work environment, very laid back and relax culture.

The people here are very supportive and are always willing to help. They're genuinely happy and don't mind coming in to work, but at the same time, they don't get overworked to the point where they have to come in on weekends all the time. I came in on weekends pretty often because as an intern with no car, I had nothing better to do and the building was virtually empty. This is in stark contrast with companies like Facebook where people are always working.

ConsLimited snack closet and break room snacks.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't speak for the managers overall, but the ones I had were very supportive and helpful.

Overall Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Workday as a contractor

ProsPay is good and company is growing quickly.

ConsPolitics within management which is quite unfortunate.

Working with fantastic people to positively and effectively disrupt an industry

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsI have never worked with a more positive group of people working collaboratively and determinedly towards a common goal, and having a ton of fun in the process. Employees are the number one company value, and it shows. Because of the continued growth, you can create your own opportunities if you have the drive, the knowledge, and the skills. If you have a great idea, bring it to the table. You will be listened to, but big egos not welcome.

ConsThe pay is not yet competitive. It's more about taking a bet on the company and its potential for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! The tone and the values are set at the top, and ours is amazing.

Great Place, Great People, Overwhelming Opportunity

I have been working at Workday full-time

ProsInspiring Leadership, amazing product, awesome work environment. As Workday continues to grow, the company maintains a start-up feel and a fun, friendly culture.

ConsNo true cons, though I think some departments may have lower salaries in comparison to other companies of similar industries

Best place to work, ever

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsStarted paying super competitively as of November 2013 due to the IPO.
Management cares about you, and the work place is friendly.
It has an upbeat college atmosphere where you're expected to be extremely social.

ConsSome people spend all their time here. But that may be simply because they like it, not because they have to.
People are often loud, joking, and jolly, which is mostly a pro but sometimes is distracting from work. You'll need some noise cancelling headphones if you want to concentrate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp new hires understand what is expected of them.

Awesome Rollercoaster!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsBest technology; great people who are in it for the ride, not the cash; huge growth; focus on customer happiness (not screwing them for short term profits); a joined-up and exciting narrative; very honest about flaws and getting better at solving them. Positive, enthusiastic, professional staff - walk the floor: everyone is friendly and you won't know who the VP's as everyone is so friendly - no ivory towers here!

ConsNot as aggressive as competition; growing pains can leave gaps in the organisation and its processes can be clumsy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff informed, continue engaging with as many people internally as you can - the informal 'brown bag' sessions are great to get the big picture.

Innovative, Fun, Inspiring place to work

Software Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsYou know what you are working will have a large contribution to the company and to the overall benefit of our customers. With the new continuous development model we see our impact in as little as 2 weeks from when we developed it.

ConsThe company is growing so quickly and we are constantly trying to make our products better so sometimes the technology might change faster than we know how to adapt to it.

Great company great growth

Integration Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsManagement is very transparent. A lot of highly visible opportunities.

ConsSalary isn't as high as partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees to keep them happy and consider raises for the deserving.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri. All 114 reviews are posted anonymously by Workday employees.