Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management (in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth (in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Love it

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

Prosgreat place to work and growth

Consnot really, still a growing company learning how to manage the increasing number of clients and workers

Fun place to work, great employees, great technology

Associate Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWorking here is a great time. Lots of company parties, team outings, great culture and work-life balance.

ConsNot very competitive with pay, raises, RSU's, or bonuses. I've been here 2 years and I just received my first raise. It would have been a good first year raise, but after 2 years I was expecting much more. They also only give raises/promotions twice a year during performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better compensation

Great atmosphere and fun place to work.

HCM Consultant (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsGreat place to work. Fun atmosphere with great leadership. The pace of work is changing constantly as the company grows which makes for great challenges.

ConsSome may see the constant change as a con. It can make things feel a little unstable but all I see is opportunities with the amount of growth the company is going through.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Definitely a solid place to work.

Associate Software Intern (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsGREAT people, GREAT work environment, very laid back and relax culture.

The people here are very supportive and are always willing to help. They're genuinely happy and don't mind coming in to work, but at the same time, they don't get overworked to the point where they have to come in on weekends all the time. I came in on weekends pretty often because as an intern with no car, I had nothing better to do and the building was virtually empty. This is in stark contrast with companies like Facebook where people are always working.

ConsLimited snack closet and break room snacks.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't speak for the managers overall, but the ones I had were very supportive and helpful.

Overall Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good and company is growing quickly.

ConsPolitics within management which is quite unfortunate.

Great Place, Great People, Overwhelming Opportunity

ProsInspiring Leadership, amazing product, awesome work environment. As Workday continues to grow, the company maintains a start-up feel and a fun, friendly culture.

ConsNo true cons, though I think some departments may have lower salaries in comparison to other companies of similar industries

Great company great growth

Integration Consultant (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsManagement is very transparent. A lot of highly visible opportunities.

ConsSalary isn't as high as partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees to keep them happy and consider raises for the deserving.

Best place to work!!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsI could gush about how much I love working at Workday, but the simple fact is I will look back (in 30 years) at my time and say it was the single best work experience of my life!

ConsDo I really need one?

Sales Director Southeast

Regional Sales Director Atlanta Area (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsSuperior Solutions for HR, Payroll and Financials for organizations with experienced management and employees at all levels who work together. We offer excellent pay and sales territories for the company and especially large enterprise sales for Georgia, TN and Kentucky along with other areas. I have been here almost 4 years and worked in NYC and now in the south. Love Workday !

ConsIn constant demand for best and brightest to keep our growth. Finding the right people for our culture and capable of selling value versus price for best results to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and providing us the best solutions for our customers to get love quick and gain the most value for their organizations. We have 97%+ customer satisfaction that no one can beat with smart employees who care.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Working with fantastic people to positively and effectively disrupt an industry

Program Manager (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsI have never worked with a more positive group of people working collaboratively and determinedly towards a common goal, and having a ton of fun in the process. Employees are the number one company value, and it shows. Because of the continued growth, you can create your own opportunities if you have the drive, the knowledge, and the skills. If you have a great idea, bring it to the table. You will be listened to, but big egos not welcome.

ConsThe pay is not yet competitive. It's more about taking a bet on the company and its potential for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! The tone and the values are set at the top, and ours is amazing.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!